Anybody know a bowmaker in Gainesville, GA?

beginnersluck

His name is David Baird and he has made some really nice ones. Just wandering if anyone in here knows him or about his bows?

reylamb

I do not know him, but I have heard of him. From what I gather he whittle a fine piece of wood. I know a guy that has one of David's bows and he loves it. I do not have any contact info for him though.

beginnersluck

I would like to have one of his bows. I heard he made one for his wife that is mighty nice!

PAPALAPIN

BILL- You STILL looking for bows

I thought that JET would make you quit looking.

When you already have the best, why look around. ::huh:

reylamb

Papa, keep in mind, when wildman up there switched to trad gear one of his reasons was to save money. Back when he shoot compounds he had a new bow about every year. The bows may not cost as much now, but he is buying way more than he ever did before, so it all equals out. I suppose he will keep looking trying to find nirvana.......

WildmanSC

So Who's Looking?

Papalapin/Reylamb,

So who's looking? I just provided a link to some bowyers that build some recurves and longbows that I hear are nice performing bows. I have two bows now and I'm more that satisfied. My Marriah Thermal is my #1 hunting bow, at 60" it is even a bit too long for me inside my Brickhouse blind. The 66" Gamemaster Jet would be IMPOSSIBLE. It will be my #1 3D bow until it gets later in the Summer when it will be time to start getting ready for hunting season. The bows shoot remarkbly alike with Gold Tip traditionals out of the Jet and Sitka Spruce woodies out of the Thermal.

Son, you don't know much about the price of stickbows, do you? Just as an example, a new Gamemaster Classic is $700 and a new Blacktail Snakebit by Norm Johnson is $1200-$1300. I don't have either one of these bows, don't have either one on order, and don't plan on ordering either one of them!!

Hmmm, I was just looking at Norm Johnson's Blacktail site, and I saw that I missed the mark a bit on his Snakebit recurves. They are $1395 each for either a one piece or a 3-pc T/D recurve. They are all built the same, with the riser constructed of Snakewood "footed" with Gaboon Ebony. The limbs have a laminated bamboo core with striped Tiger Myrtle veneers. You can go to the following site and click on Snakebit Bows at the top of the page to look at them. They are beautiful, but they are a bit out of my price range!!!

http://www.blacktailbows.com/

Bill/Dad

Last edited: