Chattahoochee Bend State Park

hambone76

Its cold and no wind blowing here at the 'Hooch. I am as sick as can be, but i made it out here anyways. Im a glutton for punishment. Ive heard a couple shots fired so far. No activity here so far.

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Quit whining and be glad your not at work like I am::ke:

Good luck buddy. Guess you got to go them hunts cause you have killed two great bucks this year

hambone76

You are right mwilliams. It could be worse. Sorry for not updating sooner. I killed a doe (69# dressed 3&1/2 years old) at 9:25 and it was doe after doe until 11:00. I wound up helping another hunter drag his deer out as well. Saw 7 total this morning up here on the north end along the river bottom.
Checked her in, ate a quick lunch and got back to it.
My deer was #12 checked in and saw 3 more that were pulling in behind me. One big 8 pt aged @ 4&1/2 and a few other decent bucks there too.

hambone76

There we go.
2012-12-12105818_zpsba6cea66.jpg

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on all your whitetail success. Thanks for the hunting updates.

hambone76

The afternoon was rather quiet. I only heard a few shots fired. I did not see any more.

lockhornes

Killed two today spike this morning and aeight pointer this evening, there were three of us hunting and we killed four bucks today. Great hunt.

Attachments

• DSCN8088.jpg
    DSCN8088.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 882

hambone76

Congrats lockhornes.
I am back at it. Looking to fill tag #2....I moved 500 yards further North today. Huge rubs all over the place. One shot fired so far way South of me.

hambone76

Nothing going on up here yet. I have heard a few more shots around 9:00.

hambone76

No deer seen still. Here is some scenery.
A little button buck I passed on.
2012-12-12092721_zps5fe634e6.jpg

2012-12-12164243_zps7983f72b.jpg

A Coke bottle I found here. Thought the plant growing inside was rather neat.
2012-12-12144757_zps923e36a0.jpg

hambone76

Never saw the first deer. I had to leave and go straight home so I didnt get to stop to see how many deer have been checked in.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Way to go Lockhornes:cool:

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to get it done lockhornes.