Alaska Photos

ryork

The wife and I got back a few days ago from a twelve day trip to Alaska. There have been a couple of other threads elsewhere on here with folks wanting information about an Alaska trip so thought I would post up some photos. This will take a few separate threads to do right. We flew into Anchorage, rented a car and basically split the trip into thirds. Spent the first part in the Denali Talkeetna area, the middle in Kenai, and the final portion in Seward. Overall, Seward was our favorite. After arriving we drove approximately 2.5 hrs north to Talkeetna. We stayed at the Denali Overlook Inn, which is a B&B with five total guest rooms. I can't say enough about this place. Absolutely stunning views, none of my photos begin to do it justice. Wonderful hosts, a great breakfast every morning, and an evening fire pit looking out over that view where we met some really nice folks from several locales, mostly other southerners. It was only about a 7 minute drive into Talkeetna, so we had supper there every evening. It was roughly a 2.5 hr drive to the Denali National Park entrance. I'm not trying to take anything away from the National Park, it is beautiful in its own right, but the State Park and the drive in between is actually much more scenic. These photos are of the Overlook Inn and the views from that place. That is the Alaska Range in the background some 60-80 miles away. Those "small" totally visible mountains range 6,000-8,000 ft above msl. Denali and the "taller" mountains behind them would make appearances when the clouds would clear but never became completely visible over four days. We did see Denali in its entirety from the National Park as the sky was almost completely clear the afternoon we were there. However, this view is far superior. OL 12.jpgOL 21.jpgOL 28.jpgOL 23.jpgOL 29.jpgOL 27.jpgOL 17.jpgOL 16.jpgOL 26.jpg

Dub

My 24 year old son just returned from an Alaskan trip.

He had a heap of fun and covered a lot of ground....much on foot.

Some of his hiking videos had me cringing at the precarious footing, elevations, animals, etc.

Resized_20230814_100543.jpegResized_IMG_9811.jpeg