Shipping ammo

hiawassee1

you wil probably have to go directly to a UPS terminal, UPS stores and UPS shippers are not suppose to ship guns or ammo

calibob1

COMMIE LOVER TROLL
It's just a sticker you put on the box. It should stand for "over regulated merchandise" but it doesn't. I have a hard time getting anyone to ship to me in Calif.

huntfish

It's just a sticker you put on the box. It should stand for "over regulated merchandise" but it doesn't. I have a hard time getting anyone to ship to me in Calif.

Not really.....ORM means Other Regulated Materials.

49CFR173.62 and 63 address shipping of ammunition. Ammunition, DOT shipping name = Cartidges for weapons, inert projectile.

Proper Shipping name would be UN0328, Cartridges for weapons, inert projectile, 1.2C, PG II.

Hovever 173.63 exempts for non-bulk shipping and reclassifies as ORM-D.

huntfish

Thanks for the info. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Maybe I'll just keep it.

It's real easy. Make sure the ammo is tightly packed or use the original box. Place the individual boxes in a larger box and tightly back so none of the interior boxes shift. Put an address label on top. On the side of the box, write Cartridges for weapon, inert projectile. Place ORM-D above it.

Latest posts