Deer Dog Trials

jclmossyoak

Any of y'all participate in any of the deer dog trials after deer season is over?

jclmossyoak

The ones that they have around here they actually run in the fox pen on yotes and fox. They won't let you run on the outside after the season is out, legally.

simpleman30

there's one in effingham county tomorrow. just heard about it today

skeeter1

the one tomorrow is in clyo, when i called and got my #s there where already over 130 dogs entered its beagles and walkersat the same time just scored different , there was 3 trails last saturday

skeeter1

well we didn't do to bad at savannah river fox pen saturday we wound up 8th with 5 first place crossin's out of 140 dogs had a great time good food, good folks and great sportsman ship cant wait till next saturday theres one some where in statesboro , and then the followin saturday there's one at turkey branch fox pen in guyton will post all contact info as soon as i get it first time ever enterin these things but i think me and my son's have caught the fever !!!!:cool:

jclmossyoak

There are two more to go and then the run off back at Mark Mays in Millen. This coming weekend in Statesboro and then Guyton. Had some good running at Savannah River with 111 hounds. Bunch of numbers already given out for this weekends hunt.

skeeter1

111 dogs that was it man i thought they said around 140 cause i had tripple digit numbers 112 and 113 but i just got my numbers for this weekend and they are cut off not taken no more dogs there is 144 dogs signed up i had to beg my way in !!

skeeter1

there's also a regler fox dog trail for beagles and walkers in hazelhurst this weekend

ylhatch

111 dogs that was it man i thought they said around 140 cause i had tripple digit numbers 112 and 113 but i just got my numbers for this weekend and they are cut off not taken no more dogs there is 144 dogs signed up i had to beg my way in !!

they gave out 140 numbers,but everyone didn't show up.yall going to clauds this weekend?if so see ya there.
:yeah:

jclmossyoak

Yea Claude has given out a pile of numbers too, but like earlier stated they won't all show up. We will all be there again Saturday to clap for everyone else. Should be a good hunt, the pen is loaded.

flhunter82

can you guys give us some contact info and the cities they are in. We have been shut down here in florida and we want to travel and run. Is there a pen close to the florida georgia line to pay and run in. I miss running fox dogs, It was funner than deer hunting to me.

jclmossyoak

The closest pen to the Florida line that I know of is the Okefenokee Training Enclosure in St.George. It's a very good running thick pen. You can probably find the contact info through speeddogs.net or masterfox.net. Make a post for pens close to Florida and you should get much more info.

skeeter1

they gave out 140 numbers,but everyone didn't show up.yall going to clauds this weekend?if so see ya there.
:yeah:
yea we gonna be there bring more beagles than walkers to jappy s pen
It's got a lot of thicket

flhunter82

Thanks for the info, I have hunted them down and waiting for a call back. I went back online and was looking at what some of the animal rights people had to say about fox pens when they shut us down. What a bunch of psychos! They made it sound like we were running fox in a 10x10 dog pen. One lady says that she was riding by and the dogs were ripping the legs off a fox in the corner of the pen. I wish I could slap those folks.

bearcat Z7

flhunter the fl state 3 day field trial is feb 20 thru 23 it is always a great hunt it will be held at the ote in st george and there are a bunch of puppy hunts coming up around southeast georgia also. i would also like to know about some of these deer trials i did not know we could have deer trials in ga after deer season unless yall are running deer in the fox pens most of the deer trials i have heard about are in the carolinas and they are always ran on the outside