Less Enthusiasm

bangbird

Seems like there's less enthusiasm about turkey season on here than years past. Not as many threads talking good turkey talk. Have we reached a point where everything has been discussed over and over and there's nothing left? Are folks not as fired up as years past?

Last edited:

icdedturkes

We have hit some of the high points already..
1.60 yard shots
2. Decoys Ethical?
3. Strutting already, bred out by season..
4. Over calling

We still need to hit Roost shooting where legal, sitting on a chufa plot, fanning..

ryanwhit

Seems like there's just less folks...

bangbird

The big turkey hunting boom was around the mid 90s... Do you think a lot of the guys that picked up the sport back then have since hung it up?

Huntinfool

Lots of the really good, really fired up, really experienced turkey hunters that used to be around here have either started hanging out in other forums for various reasons....or they are....how shall we say..."no longer with us".

It's a shame because this used to be a really great place for information. Still is at times. Just not as good as it has been in the past.

Huntinfool

We have hit some of the high points already..
1.60 yard shots
2. Decoys Ethical?
3. Strutting already, bred out by season..
4. Over calling

We still need to hit Roost shooting where legal, sitting on a chufa plot, fanning..

Don't forget pixie dust vs lead, 20 vs 12 vs muzzle and the ever-popular "which call is best".

hoppie

I still hang out here a lot, but I think a lot of people really have gotten tired of the attacks and watered down subject matters. I still love participating in some of the conversations here, but it seems like every other thread is either started to create an argument or someone hi-jacks the thread to make it an argument. I am as pumped up as I have ever been for the season, but just spend time reading the threads and not posting as much.

MKW

For me, I just kinda got burned out on all internet turkey forums. I still read a lot, but don't post nearly as much as I used to. Most of the time, I feel like I hunt so much different than most folks that we don't have much in common. There are a few of the more "old school" type hunters that I can relate to.

Mike

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
I still hang out here a lot, but I think a lot of people really have gotten tired of the attacks and watered down subject matters. I still love participating in some of the conversations here, but it seems like every other thread is either started to create an argument or someone hi-jacks the thread to make it an argument. I am as pumped up as I have ever been for the season, but just spend time reading the threads and not posting as much.

I think you hit the nail on the head :smash: :) Seriously, the people that just want to attack others and start arguments really do take a lot out of the forum, in a bad way. My enjoyment of this forum comes from people helping and encouraging others. I've made a lot of good friends here and made a lot of great hunting memories with them.

ryanwhit

The big turkey hunting boom was around the mid 90s... Do you think a lot of the guys that picked up the sport back then have since hung it up?

No, like these others have said, I mean there seems to be just less posters on this forum, not less turkey hunters.

Ricochet

That sums it up well for me too and I'm going to other forums a little more.

No, like these others have said, I mean there seems to be just less posters on this forum, not less turkey hunters.
This too.

six

I see where people would be hesitant to post here. I've posted more this year than in years past and understand why people have slowed down. It seems if you have an opinion on a subject you can't express that opinion delicately enough to avoid rubbing some people the wrong way. You get labeled expert, internet hero ect. So I figure a lot of knowledgeable turkey hunters tend to keep their knowledge and opinions to themselves now.

born2hunt99

I am as excited as I have ever been!

Gut_Pile

This used to be the best turkey forum around. From 2008-2011 it was awesome. With the loss of several good posters due to banning, too many PM's asking where they hunt or if they would take someone, and the movement of the call makers to the hobbie section this forum has definitely lost the fire. I still check in but I don't post near as much as I used to.

flhunter82

I have everything I need for once! I have all the calls I like, the decoys I want, gun patterns good, and I have gotten pretty good at killing birds. I guess I just don't have anymore questions or input. I am honestly not as fired up as I have been in years. I am not seeing the sign like I used to and the weather conditions have been horrible and there are 5 times as many other hunters in the woods.

ryanwhit

This used to be the best turkey forum around. From 2008-2011 it was awesome. With the loss of several good posters due to banning, too many PM's asking where they hunt or if they would take someone, and the movement of the call makers to the hobbie section this forum has definitely lost the fire. I still check in but I don't post near as much as I used to.

Agree.

stick-n-string

I think you hit the nail on the head :smash: :) Seriously, the people that just want to attack others and start arguments really do take a lot out of the forum, in a bad way. My enjoyment of this forum comes from people helping and encouraging others. I've made a lot of good friends here and made a lot of great hunting memories with them.

Agreed!!! Can we start naming names so everyone will know we are tired of it!
I love how people can talk so big behind a computer screen.

I mostly hang out in the traditional forum and love it because the guys over there do not tolerate any form of bashing. We joke with each other but thats because we have all met and personally know each other.