Beware False Profits

Skyking

this should prove a thought provoking message

Beware False Prophets - By Steve Berkson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyG2b5ro51s

Published on Jan 5, 2014

Beware False Prophets by Steve Berkson at Beth Shalom Messianic Congregation.
Steve gives a memorable talk on identifying false prophets, false messiahs and how the world and christian church will be deceived in the last days. LISTEN & SHARE - This message needs to get out to the everyone!

You can access all of the teachings that Steve has shared on our website: http://www.now-is-the-time.org or on the podomatic site page: http://steveberkson.podomatic.com

Torah obedience does not save, as this guy claims. From that heresy, he builds a false construct claiming that Jesus Christ's next appearance on earth is not the second advent but the anti-Christ.

In a nutshell, this guy teaches:

If you attend "Sunday churches," eat unclean foods, fail to "know" the anti- Semite alterations of the New Testament post 100 AD ...
then upon your death when you cry out Lord, Lord, then Jesus (Yeshuah Messiah) will say He never knew you.

Passes neither scriptural nor spiritual testing, in my humble view. Get thee behind thee Satan.

BAR308

reminds me of a "preacher" i was friends with for a while that ran around saying... if you send your kids to public schools OR you have your kids vaccinated... you're going to sheol.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Get thee behind me also.

Artfuldodger

I don't know that much about Messianic Jewish Christianity.

Jeremiah 31:31
"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

The Term - "New"

Both the Hebrew chadash (Jer. 31:31) and the Greek kainos (Heb. 8:8) words for "new" are more properly translated "renewed" as opposed to "new" or "brand-new."
n the New Testament, of the eight times that "new" is applied to the new covenant, seven of them use the term kainos - renewed, or new in quality, not necessarily time (Matt. 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; 1 Cor. 11:25; 2 Cor. 3:6; Heb. 8:13; 9:15) as opposed to neos (meaning new in time - Heb. 12:24). The use of term kainos means there was a preexisting covenant to which Jesus gave a qualitative difference.

http://thirdmill.org/answers/answer.asp/file/40555

Artfuldodger

A rebuttal from someone of that faith right here in Georgia:

Rebuttal to Steve Berkson's "Are You Saved" Teachings

Written by Tony Robinson. Posted in Addressing False Teachings.
Below are article rebuttals to Steve Berkson's "Are You Saved" Teachings. Steve Berkson, of Now Is The Time Ministries, has put forth a five-part teaching entitled "Are You Saved," in which he teaches the following - 1) No one is saved at this moment, 2) No one can know whether or not they are saved until judgment day, 3) On judgment day, the single factor, which determines whether or not you obtain eternal life will be your works done in obedience to Torah, 4) None of the people in Sunday churches are saved because they don't keep Torah. He is clearly teaching salvation by works (Torah obedience), which is contrary to the Scriptures. RTM has put together its own five part series of audio-visual presentations as a rebuttal to Mr. Berkson's heresy. These audio visual teachings contain actual audio from Mr. Berkson's messages so you, the viewer/listener can be sure that he is teaching salvation by works.

http://www.restorationoftorah.org/resources/addressing-false-teachings/16-rebuttals

Artfuldodger

I wonder what "no one is saved at the moment means?" Maybe we have the promise to be saved or the guarantee of salvation. Maybe we don't.

hobbs27

The law is death it binds dead men in slavery. Jesus Christ is life. He frees us through faith. Thanks for exposing those false prophets that want to bind dead men by the law...I choose life! I choose the New Testament of grace through faith! I choose the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, which has been given all authority by the Father!

centerpin fan

3) On judgment day, the single factor, which determines whether or not you obtain eternal life will be your works done in obedience to Torah, 4) None of the people in Sunday churches are saved because they don't keep Torah.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Acts 15:1-5:

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4 And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

hobbs27

http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.php?b=45&c=7&com=mhc

Commentary on Romans 7:1-6

(Read Romans 7:1-6)

So long as a man continues under the law as a covenant, and seeks justification by his own obedience, he continues the slave of sin in some form. Nothing but the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, can make any sinner free from the law of sin and death. Believers are delivered from that power of the law, which condemns for the sins committed by them. And they are delivered from that power of the law which stirs up and provokes the sin that dwells in them. Understand this not of the law as a rule, but as a covenant of works. In profession and privilege, we are under a covenant of grace, and not under a covenant of works; under the gospel of Christ, not under the law of Moses.

Skyking

A rebuttal from someone of that faith right here in Georgia:

Rebuttal to Steve Berkson's "Are You Saved" Teachings

Tony Robinson.

Well ,I don't trust Tony Robinson any more than I would any other man giving his interpretation of scripture, you must still use discernment and your own judgement ...just saying what would make Robinson any more the authority than Berkson or you and I ?

you stated your unfamiliar with Messianics and so am I for that matter.I try very hard not to hang on a label and will gladly tell what I believe and practice I just draw the line at man made traditions.

Artfuldodger

Well ,I don't trust Tony Robinson any more than I would any other man giving his interpretation of scripture, you must still use discernment and your own judgement ...just saying what would make Robinson any more the authority than Berkson or you and I ?

you stated your unfamiliar with Messianics and so am I for that matter.I try very hard not to hang on a label and will gladly tell what I believe and practice I just draw the line at man made traditions.

Good point. I have noticed a growing trend in the Messianic Sabbath keepers in Georgia.
I wonder what Berkson means by "no one is saved an this moment?

Skyking

Good point. I have noticed a growing trend in the Messianic Sabbath keepers in Georgia.
I wonder what Berkson means by "no one is saved an this moment?

he explains most all of this as he goes along and backs it up with scripture Art .He's able to put in words and teach what I've always felt in my spirit about the whole "reborn "and "just ask jesus in your heart" or alter call.

Artfuldodger

he explains most all of this as he goes along and backs it up with scripture Art .He's able to put in words and teach what I've always felt in my spirit about the whole "reborn "and "just ask jesus in your heart" or alter call.

What are the Messianic Church views or just yours on the reason Jesus had to die? How does this relate to sins being washed?

Lowjack

I don't know that much about Messianic Jewish Christianity.

Jeremiah 31:31
"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

The Term - "New"

Both the Hebrew chadash (Jer. 31:31) and the Greek kainos (Heb. 8:8) words for "new" are more properly translated "renewed" as opposed to "new" or "brand-new."
n the New Testament, of the eight times that "new" is applied to the new covenant, seven of them use the term kainos - renewed, or new in quality, not necessarily time (Matt. 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; 1 Cor. 11:25; 2 Cor. 3:6; Heb. 8:13; 9:15) as opposed to neos (meaning new in time - Heb. 12:24). The use of term kainos means there was a preexisting covenant to which Jesus gave a qualitative difference.

http://thirdmill.org/answers/answer.asp/file/40555

The New Covenant is not yet established , the New Covenant will be when the Messiah returns ,The Word is clear the new covenant is with Israel and the house of Judah , Christianity is not the new covenant for a covenant must be establish by giving and receiving promises , in this case the New covenant is "to write the Torah in the hearts of all Jews" , that is obvious it has not happened yet.
Christianity is a paradox created by G-d to save the gentiles , this is about to cease as the word says when the days of the Gentiles is over" Apparently there is a limit to G-d's Grace under this paradox in time , for if Christ Yeshua had been accepted as the Messiah and king of Israel all gentiles would have had to disappeared from earth and only Jews saved , so G-d created this Glitch or paradox to save the gentile Nations to be merciful and fair, when the times of the Gentiles is over then The Messiah will return to Judge the NAtions and the dead and the living and then the New Covenant will be established with the House Of Yehuda and the House of Yisrael.

hobbs27

The New Covenant is not yet established , the New Covenant will be when the Messiah returns ,The Word is clear the new covenant is with Israel and the house of Judah , Christianity is not the new covenant for a covenant must be establish by giving and receiving promises , in this case the New covenant is "to write the Torah in the hearts of all Jews" , that is obvious it has not happened yet.
Christianity is a paradox created by G-d to save the gentiles , this is about to cease as the word says when the days of the Gentiles is over" Apparently there is a limit to G-d's Grace under this paradox in time , for if Christ Yeshua had been accepted as the Messiah and king of Israel all gentiles would have had to disappeared from earth and only Jews saved , so G-d created this Glitch or paradox to save the gentile Nations to be merciful and fair, when the times of the Gentiles is over then The Messiah will return to Judge the NAtions and the dead and the living and then the New Covenant will be established with the House Of Yehuda and the House of Yisrael.

Got Scripture?

Lowjack

Jeremiah 31 is so often quoted, but what was the actual promise made -- and to whom? Let's go through Jeremiah chapter 31, beginning with verse 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah

The first hint of when the new covenant is established is that it is made with both the Houses of Israel and the House of Judah. When did Israel and Judah make this covenant? According to scripture, there was a national *rejection* of Yeshua when He came -- Israel and Judah did *not* make the New Covenant with Yeshua. Yet many Christians assert that the new covenant is now in effect. Impossible! G-d will *only* make this covenant with the Houses of Israel and Judah -- the 'church' cannot usurp this promise and steal it for themselves. The new covenant is still in the future.

32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people;

Here this covenant is contrasted to the written Torah -- this new covenant will be identified by the *heart having Torah*. Torah will be renewed among the Houses of Israel and Judah, Torah will be written in their hearts. Further, Israel and Judah will be His people -- He will be their G-d. Believers look for the day when G-d's people accept their Messiah -- this hasn't happened yet though. When the Jewish people call on Yeshua -- only then will He return and establish this promised new covenant. As Yeshua said:
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." Matthew 23:37-39
Until that day, Yeshua will not return to establish the new covenant. The new covenant cannot be made until the parties (House of Israel and Judah) are willing to make it.

34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know the LORD'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Again, this speaks of a still future time when all of Israel and Judah know their Messiah; a time when they do not need to be taught about the L-rd, because they all already know Him! This has not happened yet.

35 Thus saith the LORD, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, the LORD of hosts is His name: 36 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever. 37 Thus saith the LORD: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

G-d's faithfulness -- He will never forsake His people, He will make a covenant He will never break.

38 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananel unto the gate of the corner. 39 And the measuring line shall yet go out straight forward unto the hill Gareb, and shall turn about unto Goah.

This is referring to the messianic kingdom -- a time when Israel will inhabit all the land they were originally promised. The Messianic kingdom is tied into the making of the new covenant -- they come together. Contrast this to what actually happened in 70 CE --- Israel *lost* possession of the land, they didn't gain control over the land. When the New Covenant is completed, Israel will be in her land, *never* to be forced out again. This is why the disciples asked in Acts 1:6: "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" They understood a new covenant was to be made and the messianic kingdom established; but with the national rejection of Yeshua, they were unsure when He would set things in motion and fulfill the new covenant promises.

40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

This promise is telling -- it refers to a time after a great war has come -- the tribulation. This has not happened yet; yet it is tied in to the time G-d makes the covenant with the Houses of Israel and Judah.

New Covenant in Ezekiel

Similarly, in Ezekiel 36:26 we see the new heart and spirit, indicative of the new covenant, being discussed. And again, the description is tied in to the messianic kingdom, indicating a still future fulfillment of the new covenant promises.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put My spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep Mine ordinances, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Here again we see the promise of this wonderful regeneration of Israel to come -- a time when G-d sends His Spirit to Israel (here still depicted in unbelief) and they will all obey G-d, and they will dwell in the land of their fathers! Dwelling in the land is the promise of the peaceful Messianic Kingdom. Let's examine Ezekiel 37, starting at verse 21:

21 And say unto them: Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land;

Here we see the diaspora of Israel throughout the nations comes before this peaceful covenant and Messianic Kingdom arrive. The Jews have been dispersed for some 2000 years -- not until 1948 do we see larger numbers of Jews beginning to return to the land of Israel. This diaspora occurred early -- James 1:1 sends greetings to "the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad."

22 and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all; 23 neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will save them out of all their dwelling-places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them; so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.

Messiah will rule over the unified houses of Israel and Judah as one nation. This regeneration will mend and restore the nation and bring about their national salvation. This did not happen at Yeshua's first coming but still awaits future fulfillment. (Yeshua left their house desolate, because they weren't interested in the covenant He wanted to make with them - Matthew 23:38)

Lowjack

New Covenant in Ezekiel

Similarly, in Ezekiel 36:26 we see the new heart and spirit, indicative of the new covenant, being discussed. And again, the description is tied in to the messianic kingdom, indicating a still future fulfillment of the new covenant promises.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put My spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep Mine ordinances, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Here again we see the promise of this wonderful regeneration of Israel to come -- a time when G-d sends His Spirit to Israel (here still depicted in unbelief) and they will all obey G-d, and they will dwell in the land of their fathers! Dwelling in the land is the promise of the peaceful Messianic Kingdom. Let's examine Ezekiel 37, starting at verse 21:

21 And say unto them: Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land;

Here we see the diaspora of Israel throughout the nations comes before this peaceful covenant and Messianic Kingdom arrive. The Jews have been dispersed for some 2000 years -- not until 1948 do we see larger numbers of Jews beginning to return to the land of Israel. This diaspora occurred early -- James 1:1 sends greetings to "the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad."

22 and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all; 23 neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will save them out of all their dwelling-places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them; so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.

Messiah will rule over the unified houses of Israel and Judah as one nation. This regeneration will mend and restore the nation and bring about their national salvation. This did not happen at Yeshua's first coming but still awaits future fulfillment. (Yeshua left their house desolate, because they weren't interested in the covenant He wanted to make with them - Matthew 23:38)

24 And My servant David shall be king over them, and they all shall have one shepherd; they shall also walk in Mine ordinances, and observe My statutes, and do them.

Here Yeshua on throne ruling Messianic Kingdom is tied to the covenant G-d is making with Israel. And Israel will observe all the statutes, and walk by G-d's ordinances -- and they will succeed because His Torah will be written in their hearts, as promised.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children's children, for ever; and David My servant shall be their prince for ever.

A reiteration of the promise G-d made Abraham --- this time when G-d brings them into the land and makes the New Covenant with them -- it will be forever. They will never leave the land again.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them--it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will establish them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for ever.

A dual promise -- not just the promise of this New Covenant, but a promise of the Messianic temple.

27 My dwelling-place also shall be over them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Again, the promise of regeneration -- of being a covenant people.

When the new covenant is established, Israel will be back in their land; Torah will be on their hearts; G-d will be their G-d; they will all know him; there will be peace in the land; and Messiah will rule over them. Until these things happen, the new covenant cannot be in effect.

Latest posts