Webster County

Curtis

I was wondering the same thing. Surely somebody on this board has been hunting in Webster county lately.

??

Jim Ammons

Does were moving good past weekend late in afternoon. I missed one at 35 yards Friday around 7 PM. Food plots looking good and acorns are beginning to drop.

Jim Ammons

Sue,

Just got a report from #1 Son. White oak acorns are beginning to fall and the deer are working them over. Food plots looking good-rain would definitely help.

jam

Information

I did go over for the day to finish a couple odd jobs last Thursday(10-6) and to do some snooping while Daddy was not in paradise! Reported in to the old man around lunch, white oaks are starting to drop, especially in one of my favorite spots that I have hunted since a kid and the activity in the area was very inviting. The big problem is it will be well after opening day before I get to return and Daddy will be back this weekend and you guessed it, he has hunted all these spots over the years!(was his before mine) However, I had to tell him what I discovered so he can acquire us some meat and enjoy the bountiful returns of our labor. The other part being I know he will read this, Old Man #1 did not tell you every thing, I still have more than one secret! In your days without me in the next couple of weeks see if you can figure them out while at paradise!

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
I did go over for the day to finish a couple odd jobs last Thursday(10-6) and to do some snooping while Daddy was not in paradise! ...The other part being I know he will read this, Old Man #1 did not tell you every thing, I still have more than one secret! In your days without me in the next couple of weeks see if you can figure them out while at paradise!

I loved that, jam! Sounds like my family! A little friendly competition never hurts!:rofl: :biggrin2:
Sue

Jim Ammons

Yeah Son, hit Webster County this afternoon-just read you reply. Found one five minutes after I got here.

Curtis

Glad to hear something / someone is active there. I will be there this weekend and hope the cooler weather holds up. What's been better mornings or evenings?

Jim Ammons

Late afternoon has been best for me. Went to one of my favorite "honey holes" this afternoon and between 6:45 and 7:15 PM I had 7 different does feeding. None would come closer than 50 yards. I eased down and left with three feeding in the food plot when I left. Hope they decide to visit Saturday when BP is legal.

:fine: :fine:

jam

Blind Hogg

Okay, rub it in old man, us younger ones still have to make a living! I know the blind hogg has to have an acorn every now and then, but save a few acorns for son and grandsons . Make a deal wait on me and I will put them in the cooler while you rest and watch! I figured out to have some fun!!!!!!!!!

Curtis

Sunday 10/15 - Monday 10-16

Got to the lease after midnight on Saturday. My three-day weekend was shortened to a day and a half. Hunted with my nine-year old on Sunday and this morning. Saw nothing on Sunday morning, 5 does on Sunday evening - all of which were just barely out of range for me and my open-sight muzzle loader, and then walking to the stand this morning in the pre-dawn we round a bend in a field road on the edge of some planted pines (left) and oaks (right) and there is a small 6 pointer 10 yards away just inside the oaks. We were walking hand-in-hand, 1/2 asleep, in a light rain and we almost bumped into the deer. That was pretty cool. By the way, of the 6 deer seen, the 9 year-old eyes saw 4 of them. After doing this a couple of years, he now knows what to look for and, thanks to age, has the better eyesight.
Did a little scouting too, plenty of feeeding activity in the swamps and oaks, no good "buck sign" anywhere. Saturday one of the club members video taped a group of deer including several bucks traveling together and feeding. Largest two bucks did little tapping the antlers together, but no real sparing. Only heard a couple of shots all weekend, sounds like it was slow and lightly hunted.