Piebald Goes Down

kcausey

Banned
I have been hunting this piebald for three weeks....my buddy killed her on some persimmons one morning that i was too sick to hunt...She's small but a rare trophy none-the-less
Kip

Attachments

• chadpiebald.jpg
    chadpiebald.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 796
  • dead piebald.jpg
    dead piebald.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 598
  • chadkipperpiebald.jpg
    chadkipperpiebald.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 504

Snakeman

Piebalds are always interesting.

Looks like a this-year's fawn in the pictures. Had anyone seen her before this season?

The Snakeman

kcausey

Banned
Yes, I have seen her this year, drew on her, didn't realize she was that small. He is having the hide tanned and turned into a blanket for his new baby in November. If he or I hadn't shot her with a bow, she would have been blown up in rifle season.
KIP

Handgunner

Nice deer.

Edited to remove unneccesary content.
A wise man once also said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all."

Your post has been edited. Please refrain from such comments in the future.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A trophy is in the eyes of the beholder. Tell your friend congrats KCausey. Purty deer.

Handgunner

Nice lookin' piebald your buddy got, Kip.

Here's one we had around here that was taken by a poacher. We'd been watching her for months. We did luck up and get the hide from her though and have it tanned.

piebald640x480.jpg

Wetzel

A wise man once also said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all."

Your post has been edited. Please refrain from such comments in the future.
I don't think this "wise" man your speaking of ever post on this site.

Not sure what I said wrong, just agreed with the original post that this was a small deer. Also ask the question if the hide was going to be saved or if it was only shot in order to get pictures of it. I'm not sure what's wrong with this.

With the fourwheeler in the back ground of the pictures, I pointed out that it was nice to have it handy in order to haul out a deer. I imagine if you ask, the deer was hauled out on the fourwheeler.

How about explaining the problem to me "Modzilla"?

PM on the way...

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Congrats to your buddy

on his interesting deer:cool:

That hide should make a pretty blanket, please share a pic of it with us when it's done:)

kcausey

Banned
This guy has taken 8 mature bucks in the last 3 years....one being a Sapelo buck the other an Ocmulgee WMA check in buck. He has let three 3 1/2 yr old bucks walk this year, two 8's and a 9. The guy is not out for blood, he saw an opportunity to take a once in a lifetime trophy.....he has 9 deer on the wall, one piebald blanket. She took a 1/2 mile ride on the atv, after being dragged over 400 yards to not spook other game. Then she was quartered up and I am sure she has already been the main course of at least one meal.
KIP

Wetzel

This guy has taken 8 mature bucks in the last 3 years....one being a Sapelo buck the other an Ocmulgee WMA check in buck. He has let three 3 1/2 yr old bucks walk this year, two 8's and a 9. The guy is not out for blood, he saw an opportunity to take a once in a lifetime trophy.....he has 9 deer on the wall, one piebald blanket. She took a 1/2 mile ride on the atv, after being dragged over 400 yards to not spook other game. Then she was quartered up and I am sure she has already been the main course of at least one meal.
KIP
Sounds like a guy who knows what he's doing.

Hope I didn't offend you with my previous post; this wasn't my intention. Nothing wrong with any deer taken legally if it's what the person wants. Glad to hear the hide will be taken care of; seen a couple in the past shot and then thrown out which is disappointing. No doubt many here would have shot the deer without a second thought.

gabowman

Hope I didn't offend you with my previous post; this wasn't my intention. Nothing wrong with any deer taken legally if it's what the person wants. Glad to hear the hide will be taken care of; seen a couple in the past shot and then thrown out which is disappointing. No doubt many here would have shot the deer without a second thought.

First time reading this thread. Once many years ago a hunter in the hunting club I was in with a hundred more members on 4500 acreas shot a small piebald similar to the one taken here shot one and from listening to him in camp that night it didnt sound like he put much effort in finding the deer so all of us in camp had it no other way other than finding his deer. (probably 8 of us or so.) Long story short, leaving camp that next evening I saw that same small piebald thrown into a creek you had to ford on the way home. Wished I'd known the guy's name, woulda called the warden. Didnt see him in camp any more that season. Sounds like the guy in this thread is very proud of taking such a rare deer and already has plans on using the hide in a way that'll make it proud. COngrats to the lucky hunter.

gabowman

First time reading this thread. Once many years ago a hunter in the hunting club I was in with a hundred more members on 4500 acreas shot a small piebald similar to the one taken here shot one and from listening to him in camp that night it didnt sound like he put much effort in finding the deer so all of us in camp had it no other way other than finding his deer. (probably 8 of us or so.) Long story short, leaving camp that next evening I saw that same small piebald thrown into a creek you had to ford on the way home. Wished I'd known the guy's name, woulda called the warden. Didnt see him in camp any more that season.

Sounds like the guy in this thread is very proud of taking such a rare deer and already has plans on using the hide in a way that'll make it proud. Congrats to the lucky hunter.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I know the club where Kip hunts. There is really no reason to be conservative there. I tried it, and it doesn't really serve a purpose. The original members in that club will shoot anything that grows hair. They are strictly meat hunters. There are some big bucks on the property, and I have no doubt that kip, or friends will be posting a big buck soon!