Custom Turkey Calls?

Wetzel

I don't know anyone personally, but my last two calls were from Bud & Betty Calls. I bought the aluminum call late last summer; my wife bought me their Guide Series Slate call for Christmas. Great calls. Looking forward trying them out this spring.

http://www.budandbetty.com/

Jack Flynn

Here is your best option for custom turkey calls..

Go to the Turkeyrama this spring. More than a man can stand in custom calls.

Al33

Ramey,

Buying a custom call without first trying it is no guarantee you will get one you like. Kind of like going out on a blind date. :bounce: Sometimes, they don't look like what they sounded like, but in this scenario, they might not sound like what they looked like. :confused:

Anyway, just because it's custom doesn't mean it will work good for you.

Whether it's glass, slate, or aluminum, you can't beat trying them out before you buy. A great place and time to do this will be Jan. 14 and 15th at Unicoi State Park lodge in helen. There will be plenty of custom call makers there to help you out.

Good luck in your search,

Al

DaddyPaul

I agree with Mr. Al that it is best to try them out in any case before dropping a bunch of money on a good looking call only to find out it doesn't have any turkey in it. Darrin Dawkins makes a dang fine pot call though, looks good and plays real good.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I know a bunch of folks that make them, including myself. Currently, all I have is crystal which provides a high pitch, beautiful yelps, clucks, purrs, and kee-kees. Each of my calls come with 2 strikers (purple heart and hickory). I can also make a custom striker out of some more exotic woods.

I can also recommend Jerry "Dad" White of Dad's Custom Calls, www.dadscalls.com
I also recommend Alan Sentell of New Moon Game Calls, www.newmoongamecalls.com
I have one of Dad's glass calls which I love. I don't have one of Alan's but from what I hear, his are great.

I agree with the post that you could make a better choice by trying some out first. Each surface type makes different sounds and you need to try the different ones to find what you like.

I will guarentee one thing, the call makers I mentioned would not sell a call unless it was pure turkey.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I'll be there but I probably will not have enough calls made up and ready to sell by then. This is more of a hobby to me that I do in my spare time. I'm pretty sure Jerry White will have a booth and Alan might, both of them are full time call makers. Check out www.customcalls.com , there are several great call makers that frequent the forum and links to some of these call makers. I have one of Jerry's glass calls and love it.
I will also have some slate calls ready in a couple of weeks. I live in Warner Robins and have a few mock-ups. If you are ever in the area you are welcome to try them.