Florida bass fishing trip...

AAADawg

I want to take my father to Florida for his birthday in Februray and try to catch some hawgs. I have fished with several guides around Orlando and while we always catch a lot of fish I havent caught that big one yet.Does anyone have any suggestions>> Is Okkechobee better than the middle Florida lakes? Is there a better area to go to? Is it best to try a trip during the fullmoon period. Im thinking February...the moon is full about the 24th this year. Is this to early to find the big females bedding??? Is it too late??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.....

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I would look at the Stick Marsh/Farm 13 area. If you do some searches you will see that great numbers of large fish come from that area. I don't think you would have much problem getting on a fish of a lifetime. If I had to choose that is where I would go.

ssmith

I mentioned in an earlier post that we took my 85 year old dad from tampa fishing this nov at okechobee and caught 384 bass in five days up to 7 lb-on shiners- our guide said for a big bass he likes to fish lake Istapoka-with big shiners- dont catch a lot but what you do is big-

flat foot

If you can, find A Highland Park Fish Camp. I grew up near there before comming into the military. They have several Guide services out of there. It is near the Town of Deland FL North of Orlando. It is located on the St Johns River. I have seen many large bass over 13 Lbs come out of there, most were on live bait. These guys are down to earth too. 2640 W Highland Park Rd Deland FL 32720 (1-904-734-2334). Tear Them Up.