Coyote's suck

Hamer174

Fog was horrible this morning in Troup County. I didn't hear a single gobble (which makes a bad season even worse) This little yote came in out of now where in the fog, walked up and put his nose right on my hen decoy. I clicked the safety and he took one step and I busted him. One less Turkey and Fawn killer out there.

The second picture was one my bosses dad killed. Who says Coyote's won't get a Gobbler. He was coming in hot and just shut up then this guy popped out and he killed him.

Attachments

• coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 886
  • coyote2.jpg
    coyote2.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 878

turkeykirk

Good shooting!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Good shooting gentlemen!

Coyotes got to eat too I know I just wish they had a strict squirrel diet

Big Tom

I have been hunting a cow pasture with birds always around and coyotes also.They are feeding on dead cows they have dug up. This flock has not gobbled at all this year, I see the yotes around the pasture very early before it gets good light. Twice they have tried to get my decoys. I got 2 shots at one running very fast toward the decoys. I missed the first shot trying to hit him in the head. It was very wet that morning so I could see where the shot hit about 6-12 inches in front. He turned back and at about 70 yards I shot him in the rear. He then turned right and was gone. These birds have made a loud purring sound all this season instead of gobbling even on the roost. I know it is the toms as I saw two doing it at about 75 yards that would not come to my decoys. They just strutted around for a couple of minutes then went back to the hens. I have heard this loud purring sound countless times this year on other flocks also. I have been busted at least 5 times this year with birds coming in from the rear making this same sound. I think the yotes are the reason they have not gobbled around here. I have had only one that gobbled this year and I mean he was hot. To make this short he busted me too by passing me and I tried to get in a position to shoot and I think he saw my gun as he came up a high road bank. Flew out below the bank. He also after gobbling about 8 times while coming up the road very fast when I cut him twice started clucking very loudly and making this purring sound also. This is not a woods road but a paved road with light traffic. Oh well I am learning I think.

Garnto88

I want you to save that picture for all of the folks (many that are turkey hunters) can see that coyotes do catch turkeys.. I have killed many over the years while hunting turkeys.. Some say 'no they don't catch a grown turkey"! My question always has been 'why do they come to my turkey call?" Way to go...!!

Hamer174

They will for sure get birds. That second picture is a bird with 1" spurs. Typical my luck the Coyote Cull contest came out today after I threw him in the ditch.

Hamer174

I shot another one Saturday morning. I can't get the picture to upload though. He ran in and attacked my decoy before I could get the shot off. Had a stutter at 100yds all of a sudden he turned around and that coyote popped out