Who else has the first two weeks of turkey season off?

Jody Hawk

I got the first two weeks of the season off. B.F.Grant WMA opens the second Monday. Could have taken four weeks off but didn't want to overdo it. I saved one for family vacation and one week for the rut. With my rotating shifts, I work 15 days a month and off 15 days a month. It's tough but somebody has to do it. :bounce:

Last edited:

alphachief

No, but I'm taking off the first week of March to hunt in S. FL. Then I'll probably take the Monday after the opening GA weekend off and most likely the Friday leading up to the second weekend. I'll also hunt a few mornings before work over the first couple weeks.

dutchman

It depends. I could get the time off if needed. As it stands now, I'll probably just take one week straight and then burn up another in taking Fridays...

jcarter

Banned
ill work when it rains and hunt when it doesnt. and hope i have enough beans and bacon to get through the season.

jmharris23

I hunt every morning!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ll take one week off durin` the season, but my normal hours are 4 tens, Monday thru Thursday. That gives me a right smart of time to hunt.

GobblingDawg

:bounce:
I got the first two weeks of the season off. B.F.Grant WMA opens the second Monday. Could have taken four weeks off but didn't want to overdo it. I saved one for family vacation and one week for the rut. With my rotating shifts, I work 15 days a month and off 15 days a month. It's tough but somebody has to do it. :bounce:

With that much time off, you ought to be limited out before you ever go back to work!!!! Notice how I said "ought to be"!!!!!!!
::ke: :bounce: ::ke: :bounce:

I used to have 4 weeks of vacation and work a rotating shift so I know what you mean, Jody. But that is the ONLY thing that I miss about my old job, the time off during the week. It sure comes in handy during hunting and fishing season!!
:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

Thunderbeard

I will be off the first week of turkey season, Then I will hunt every weekend during season and most evenings durning the week.

BubbaD

I hunt every morning!

Thats good to hear there team mate:biggrin2:
I will take the following Monday after the opener off and then hit this land right behind the office any available morning

gabreamfanatic

well were i work at they have cut hours to the bone. the only thing i am wating for is my transfer to the dc. and if that comes thur it will be 4 days on and 3 days off. right now as it stands its 2 days on and 5 days off including the weekends. but money is real tight.

Booner Killa

I'm off, I'm off!!! Last season, I had it off and the first two weeks of the season, I lost I think 8 lbs the first two weeks. I managed to kill one and call in 6 toms during these two weeks. This is the first great year for me as I haven't been hunting the critters very long. To tell the truth, I should've limited out by Wed of the first week. I missed one opening day and had a monster at about 6yds that I just caught a glimpse of the head on but this year, I think it is gonna be better. I finally have a couple jam up spots that hold a bunch of birds and a buddy that gets after em like I do. After those two weeks, I have weekends so I have to do my damage in those first two weeks.

jca926

I will be in Alabama for opening weeking and then be back in GA for opening weekend and probably take the whole week off.