Question for you fellow DAWG fans??

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Richt had a bunch of 10 win seasons. Even the blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. But contrary to BrowningSlayer, I do believe Dabo is a great coach, but time is required to vet that truth out.

Oh I agree bud.. Not taking anything away from Dabo. He has done a good job but multiple 10 win seasons and a Natty does not make him great. Heck, Richt was the best 10 win season coach that never won a Natty. He had 9 or 10 10 wins season at UGA and got fired on his last 10 win season and I would not put Dabo above Richt.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Oh I agree bud.. Not taking anything away from Dabo. He has done a good job but multiple 10 win seasons and a Natty does not make him great. Heck, Richt was the best 10 win season coach that never won a Natty. He had 9 or 10 10 wins season at UGA and got fired on his last 10 win season and I would not put Dabo above Richt.

I will. Dabo achieved what Richt never could and will again. Unlike Richt, Dabo knows what to do with 5 star recruits. ;)

Browning Slayer

And it wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with his ties to Bama would it?;)

And just because he did something Richt didn't do makes him great? In that thought, Gene Chizik would be a great coach. Great coaches aren't defined by a National Title.

Matthew6

Banned thug
And it wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with his ties to Bama would it?;)

And just because he did something Richt didn't do makes him great? In that thought, Gene Chizik would be a great coach. Great coaches aren't defined by a National Title.
consistent nc appearances and wins and getting in the play off make you a great coach like saban and meyer. dabo in my opinion fits that definition. :hair::hair::hair::hair:

CamoDawg85

They never would have been in the playoffs without Watson and we wouldn't be posting how weathermantry comes in here after beating Bama or after a win to "bump" this thread.

Funny how he only "bumps" this thread when it's convenient for him...

Richt had a bunch of 10 win seasons. Even the blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Bingo. And 6 years is not enough time to gauge whether or not a coach is great, just my opinion

GO DAWGS!! :cool:

Gold Ranger

The whole point of this thread is to see if UGA fans think Dabo Sweeney is a good coach... I've posted tons of evidence over the last few years supporting that fact.

Why don't you guys get back to the topic at hand and tell me whether or not you think UGA would be better off with Sweeney?

Dabo Swinney is a great motivator who surrounds himself with great coaches. Either way, it works.

weathermantrey

They never would have been in the playoffs without Watson and we wouldn't be posting how weathermantry comes in here after beating Bama or after a win to "bump" this thread.

Funny how he only "bumps" this thread when it's convenient for him..

And the answer is still NO! Dabo is not a great coach. Great coaches are an elite bunch like Meyer and Saban.

Interesting... last time I checked Dabo beat both of those coaches this year; many people would argue with lesser talent.

weathermantrey

Funny how he only "bumps" this thread when it's convenient for him..

And the answer is still NO! Dabo is not a great coach. Great coaches are an elite bunch like Meyer and Saban.

When has it not been convenient for me to bump this thread since it was started?

Browning Slayer

Interesting... last time I checked Dabo beat both of those coaches this year; many people would argue with lesser talent.

And Richt beat Dabo so using your argument Richt is better than Dabo.... Thank you for clearing that up.facepalm:facepalm:

You really think Dabo is a "great" coach? In the same category as Saban and Meyer? A coach that has built multiple NC programs? You need to lay off the clemsoning koolaid..

Browning Slayer

When has it not been convenient for me to bump this thread since it was started?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Considering you bumped it and posted a few times before the 2016 NCG asked us Dawg fans if we had changed our mind. Then Clemson loses to Bama and this thread dies for eight months until you bump it again. Why didn't you bump it after that game? Oh wait, Clemson lost!!

Then you bump it in December of this year.. Disappear for a month and ONLY come back to bump it after Clemson won..

BANDWAGON!

MudDucker

Staff member
Dabo is setting himself up to return to Alabama when Saban retires. All other stops are just rest areas for him.

Browning Slayer

Dabo is setting himself up to return to Alabama when Saban retires. All other stops are just rest areas for him.

I have stated that several times, but the naysayers will have nothing of it. Guess we'll find out in a couple of years.

I didn't know the devil could go into retirement...:huh:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I didn't know the devil could go into retirement...:huh:

He can't. He just assumes his position next to Bear. I bet he ain't gonna wear that goofy hat though. :bounce: