Tybee vacation 2017 awesome again!!!!!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hope Y'all doin great and havin a fun summer!!!
Had our Tybee vacation for the 3rd year in a row with wife n kids and inlaws! I love bein on the outstandin Georgia coast and I wish I could go more often!
Lot's of great food and lots of fun fishin! Weather was windy with thunderstorms often but we had plenty of time to go out! Fishin was good...we threw back dozens of 13 and 13 1/2 inch trout.....I hope the new rule works and we get more 14 inchers soon to come!
Good luck Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

We all have a great time with after supper night fishing! We anchor up and listen to the beach boys! Time to relax and catch some fish!
20170725_222435.jpg

20170725_232430(0).jpg

20170726_003200.jpg

My little girl loves pink everything.....I go above and beyond to keep her happy on a half day of fishin on the boat. So for giggles I found and bought her pink jig heads and pink swimming mullet......y'all can understand I bought them not expecting them to work....BUT they proved to be very hot on trout all week!!!! Wow!!
2017072395093928_resized.jpg

My boy was most happy over his gar than anything else he caught all week!!!! I don't know how to care for them or cook them so we released it.
2017073095174238_resized.jpg

2017073195103244.jpg

Found some more teeth!
2017072995110625_resized.jpg

Good luck y'all and keep the pictures comin!!! Us land based folk look at em every day!!!!:cool:

Redman54

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing them.

Twiggbuster

Great vacation!
I was at HH last week and had a great time.
Best thing about that area is it's not a long haul.
Going back soon.

crabby

My wife loves to find sharks teeth. Did you need to dive for them? Time on the water with family is priceless.

georgia_home

Looks great!

sea trout

My wife loves to find sharks teeth. Did you need to dive for them? Time on the water with family is priceless.

No.... but with what little info we have.....it seems if one REALLY wanted to get serious about findin some top quality teeth that diving with the scuba gear is the way to go.
We are not divers, and have never even been, but my wife n I hit on that topic last week. It really seems interistin!
Are you n your wife divers?

Day trip

That gar is one of the best fish to eat. Need tin snips to cut the armour then you can take out a thick long filet with no bones. Cut up into nuggets and fry. Nice firm meat. Nice trip.

I can't help but wonder, where did you catch the gar?

sea trout

We call it gar island. Its the little island in the south channel between the Pulaski bridge and the intercoastal. But it's close to Pulaski bridge.
There's always gar there, they surface while we're fishing for flounder.
They'll bite mudminnows but in all 15ish years or so of us flounder fishing that island we've never had a hook set on one.
Until this trip my boy got one! It fought hard and made my boy's week! It's the 1st thing he mentions when asked about his vacation all of this week.

shallowminded

Caught a 3 foot gar in my cast net once. Spent the entire next day repairing it! ;) At the time, I didn't know they were good to eat so it went back in. Never caught another.

Rabun

That looks like a great trip Sea Trout! Impressive teeth and fun catches! How are you liking your Cayman?

sea trout

Very happy with the new Cayman. Glad we picked it over our other choices!
Hard to tell from pictures but the Cayman had trout/flounder fishin rods and tackle on board, night fishin rods n tackle on board, snacks and drinks for everyone, towels, extra clothes, emergency supplies, porta potty, sand castle making toys, cast net, buckets, live bait, 10 inch sub and amp, main anchor w/300 ft line, spare anchor w/300 ft line.........the list goes on but I know I'm ramblen on I'm sorry....I'm just trying to highlight one of my favorite parts, it's that there's nothing on deck!!! Just people with plenty of place to sit. Very well engineered for storage and useable space!!
You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that's packed away onboard! And it's easy and quick to get to!!
They have 3 insulated 30 gallon livewells........Me personally I don't need that much bait...I wish, (and I may try to do it myself), one of the 30 gal wells to be very heavily insulated for another drink cooler or fish locker.
If you have any questions about it feel free to holler!
Thanks man!

Rabun

Very happy with the new Cayman. Glad we picked it over our other choices!
Hard to tell from pictures but the Cayman had trout/flounder fishin rods and tackle on board, night fishin rods n tackle on board, snacks and drinks for everyone, towels, extra clothes, emergency supplies, porta potty, sand castle making toys, cast net, buckets, live bait, 10 inch sub and amp, main anchor w/300 ft line, spare anchor w/300 ft line.........the list goes on but I know I'm ramblen on I'm sorry....I'm just trying to highlight one of my favorite parts, it's that there's nothing on deck!!! Just people with plenty of place to sit. Very well engineered for storage and useable space!!
You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that's packed away onboard! And it's easy and quick to get to!!
They have 3 insulated 30 gallon livewells........Me personally I don't need that much bait...I wish, (and I may try to do it myself), one of the 30 gal wells to be very heavily insulated for another drink cooler or fish locker.
If you have any questions about it feel free to holler!
Thanks man!

Thanks Sea Trout...you have a lot of stuff stored away...key word being "stored". I asked cause I have the same boat... 2016 246 and love it for all of the reasons you mention. It's a fishing machine and a great family boat. You sure took advantage of it down there...great trip with the family!
Take Care!

sea trout

Thanks Sea Trout...you have a lot of stuff stored away...key word being "stored". I asked cause I have the same boat... 2016 246 and love it for all of the reasons you mention. It's a fishing machine and a great family boat. You sure took advantage of it down there...great trip with the family!
Take Care!

AAAAAWWWWWW cool man!!!!!!
Where did you buy yours?
Where do you use it?
Did you get the trolling motor with yours?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Looks like a great trip. I've never landed on the big sharks teeth down there. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and dredge one up.

coilee

Looks like a great trip. We were down there last month. Great time. I am with you my 3 yr old daughter is about pink everything. I have helped her with her pink fishing gear many times. I love that. May I ask where you stayed while there?
We go back home to visit often thinking of moving back. Congrats on a great time.

Rabun

AAAAAWWWWWW cool man!!!!!!
Where did you buy yours?
Where do you use it?
Did you get the trolling motor with yours?

I purchased through Atlanta Marine on lanier. I visit the forgotten coast of FL...St. George Island, Cape San Blas, Dog Island are. I have a trip planned in October for Mobil to meet up with some friends. Otherwise I spend time on the area lakes in between trips.

I did go with the Minn Kota Terrova with iPilot. That spot lock feature is awesome...especially when you're fishing over wrecks/reefs. Beats the heck out of anchoring which I'm short on skills.

We should try and hook up some time on the coast...I'm not very familiar with the GA coast, but am willing to give it a go. Are you on the Cayman forum?

sea trout

I purchased through Atlanta Marine on lanier. I visit the forgotten coast of FL...St. George Island, Cape San Blas, Dog Island are. I have a trip planned in October for Mobil to meet up with some friends. Otherwise I spend time on the area lakes in between trips.

I did go with the Minn Kota Terrova with iPilot. That spot lock feature is awesome...especially when you're fishing over wrecks/reefs. Beats the heck out of anchoring which I'm short on skills.

We should try and hook up some time on the coast...I'm not very familiar with the GA coast, but am willing to give it a go. Are you on the Cayman forum?

WOW man that's awesome!
I'd love to hook up with y'all on the coast!
I'd love to go to Florida and buddy boat with y'all. Or heck yeah we can hook up on the Ga coast.
I've always owned smaller 15-20 ft boats and I've never captained offshore with them. I've been off shore with my new 246 twice last year, but have attempted a few more times but turned around and came back. Even though I have the bigger boat now I still get nervous. Would be great to buddy boat a couple times I think and learn more.

I bought mine from Atlanta marine too. I'm very satisfied but I think I'm starting to question myself for opting out of getting the trolling motor.:banginghe I know I can have one installed but it would have been nice to finance it with the boat...probably would've barely affected the monthly bill.

I'm unaware of the Cayman forum???????

Thanks man:cheers:
And make sure you have an extra battery switch on board always

sea trout

Looks like a great trip. We were down there last month. Great time. I am with you my 3 yr old daughter is about pink everything. I have helped her with her pink fishing gear many times. I love that. May I ask where you stayed while there?
We go back home to visit often thinking of moving back. Congrats on a great time.

Cool man! Keep the girls havin fun!
We usually rent a house with walking access to north beach. We rent from Tybee vacation rentals.
Sometimes the guys will be on the boat all day and the girls want to be at the beach half a day and boat the other half.
So they can walk to north beach and have fun for hours and we'll go pick them up at the beach with the boat.
:cheers:

Rabun

WOW man that's awesome!
I'd love to hook up with y'all on the coast!
I'd love to go to Florida and buddy boat with y'all. Or heck yeah we can hook up on the Ga coast.
I've always owned smaller 15-20 ft boats and I've never captained offshore with them. I've been off shore with my new 246 twice last year, but have attempted a few more times but turned around and came back. Even though I have the bigger boat now I still get nervous. Would be great to buddy boat a couple times I think and learn more.

I bought mine from Atlanta marine too. I'm very satisfied but I think I'm starting to question myself for opting out of getting the trolling motor.:banginghe I know I can have one installed but it would have been nice to finance it with the boat...probably would've barely affected the monthly bill.

I'm unaware of the Cayman forum???????

Thanks man:cheers:
And make sure you have an extra battery switch on board always

I've only been offshore a couple times in the Spring snapper fishing...in state waters so not that far out. I transitioned from a 19' sea pro and the weather had to pretty much be perfect to take that one out of protected waters. It would be great to have company for sure. I had to turn around last trip due to weather...better safe than sorry and it only takes one wave over the bow.

PM sent on the forum. Hope to put together a trip some time.