Peeing in the woods

Permitchaser

I bow hunt almost 90% of the time and now I have gotten older so I pee a lot. Its impossible for me to sit in my climber more than an hour without having to go
So my question is, does it matter. I know they can smell it but does it spook them

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
At best you will get mixed reviews. Some guys make mock scrapes and pee right in them. Some say you have totally blown a spot if you do such a thing.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
to quote a friend of mine

When it doubt, whoop it out.

GeorgiaBob

Someone (my great uncle) once told me that deer can smell the "meateater" in the scent of our pee, but if you put a drop or two of doe musk on the pee, the bucks will come in anyway and the does will just be confused enough to wander around.

I don't know if any of that is true, but my great uncle knew every buck in the Piney Woods of East Texas (by their first names) and could park a very young me on a buck trail knowing almost to the minute when a specific buck would come by. I remember that he also had to pee often (when I was a teen he was in his 80s) and that never seemed to scare the deer off!

Kenny Borel

Peeing in the woods may or may not hurt anything, but peeing in a bottle definitely won't hurt anything. 20 oz Gatorade bottle is perfect

Permitchaser

I do put drops off doe pee where I puddle. So maybe that helps. If I stopped drinking coffee that might help. Naw I'll just take a bottle

rutnbuk

I am in my 25th year of PEE FREEDOM! Let it flow man- they don't care. As a kid I was told to hold it or every deer in the county would be gone- lol. Turns out it is more our arm pit smell that they find putrid. I am one of "those guys" that pees in the mock scrapes and puts a camera on it. Try it- the camera does not lie- even mature bucks and does come by to take a whiff.

Jonboater

Had a buck walk right over the top where I pee Friday morning and pay no attention to it. All the animals in the woods got to go some time!

Mako22

BANNED
Wow so many hunters torturing themselves trying to hold it back when the deer cant even smell it to begin with.

uturn

Release the Hounds!!

Your bladder will thank you and your hunting pleasure will increase oh so much!!

I'm a mock scrape peeer myself they are all over my lease that I started in the 1st place and have been doctoring for years now!

As rutnbuk mentioned start one n put a camera on it and you'll see for yourself!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If u must pee
Go behind a tree.
Never in front of a tree or the side.

oldfella1962

all serious studies (scientific or otherwise) determine that urine=urine=urine to a deer. All urine is the same to them, so they aren't bothered by it. I pee in place several times an hour depending on the time of day I hunt - deer still come plenty close to me regardless.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I’d be more concerned about your movement taking a leak than the scent itself

Rick Alexander

let it fly -

I just don't think it matters one bit.

I have pee'd in scrapes around a field trying to get a buck to visit it during the day - that actually worked out great. I hunted that same buck for 3 days straight and he would freshen that scrape every night. The same day I fouled his scrape he came in and freshened it around 8:00 AM - first time I saw him since the first day during the day.

One note - if you drop your brand new hat with the light in it climbing the tree - don't forget it's down there on the ground under you when you go to pee later that morning - dang it.

triple play

I would much rather my fellow members pee on the ground than leave their half full bottles all over the ground or in the stand! Don't think it bothers the deer at all. The same goes for spit bottles!

PappyHoel

I let it fly. I was on a streak one year, every time I peed I would see a deer 5 min after.

j_seph

3 does standing under me sniffing my pee. It worked again...they were feeding 50 off, I peed and they come over to investigate the noise.

attachment.php

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=10948890&postcount=260