Blaze orange law tweak!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I’d wear blaze orange even if it wasn’t the law. I wear a blaze orange hat while hunting along with my vest. It makes no difference to the deer.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I’d wear blaze orange even if it wasn’t the law. I wear a blaze orange hat while hunting along with my vest. It makes no difference to the deer.
Then you would agree. There is no reason blinds, box stands, climbing stands, ladder stands and lock on's shouldn't be blaze orange. If the objective is to protect the human from dumber humans, and the deer don't care, then why not?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Then you would agree. There is no reason blinds, box stands, climbing stands, ladder stands and lock on's shouldn't be blaze orange. If the objective is to protect the human from dumber humans, and the deer don't care, then why not?
OK. I will paint a deer stand blaze orange and hunt out of itt.
Do u want my RV blaze orange also. ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I watch TV while deer hunting & have plumbing and a kitchen in my deer stand. I lay in bed hunting. Heck I’m doing it rat now.

shdw633

It wouldn't bother me. Most of them have bright yellow stickers on them now anyway. Even my Scent-lok clothing has bright yellow trim and zippers. Doesn't seem to bug the deer at all. Camo is more for the hunter then the deer. I have killed them in a plaid shirt and blue jeans with an orange vest and hat and one of the largest deer I killed, a 310 pound 12 point, I was standing 20 yards off the edge of a pine forest in an open corn field and was in a full length, hunters orange, snowmobile suit with an orange hat and there was a foot of snow on the ground. The deer trotted up the tree line, turned and walked to within a yard of me before I shot him. I am not understanding what part of they are color blind that you are not getting?? Many states have the law that ground blinds must have orange coverings on the outside top of the blind already and they are killing deer.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I am not understanding what part of they are color blind that you are not getting??
What makes you assume I'm the one not getting it? I'd just as soon wear blue jeans and a red plaid shirt. Vest or no vest, I hate the government legislating ignorance in the name of safety and then fining the responsible hunters that aren't stupid enough to shoot another human. If some idiot has buck fever bad enough then they are going to shoot that blaze orange buck walking through the woods anyway.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We had a orange looking buck at one time. It was our Fl land. He would come to our back yard. Always wondered what happen to him.
Just saying.

shdw633

What makes you assume I'm the one not getting it? I'd just as soon wear blue jeans and a red plaid shirt. Vest or no vest, I hate the government legislating ignorance in the name of safety and then fining the responsible hunters that aren't stupid enough to shoot another human. If some idiot has buck fever bad enough then they are going to shoot that blaze orange buck walking through the woods anyway.

What's unfortunate is that the government does have to do that because of the ignorance of hunters in the past that did shoot hunters because they did not have to wear it back in the old days, just like the turkey hunters are doing today. You may be the most responsible hunter in the woods and many others like you, but it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil that for everyone, just like they are currently doing for the turkey hunters. If they keep shooting each other they may end up having to wear hunters orange and won't that make things a little harder.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
What's unfortunate is that the government does have to do that because of the ignorance of hunters in the past that did shoot hunters because they did not have to wear it back in the old days, just like the turkey hunters are doing today. You may be the most responsible hunter in the woods and many others like you, but it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil that for everyone, just like they are currently doing for the turkey hunters. If they keep shooting each other they may end up having to wear hunters orange and won't that make things a little harder.
Here's the rub, the government chose to give those irresponsible hunters a slap on the wrist for being stupid and killing someone. If the penalty was prison with a homicide conviction they might actually rub their two brain cells together a little harder before pulling the trigger. The penalty doesn't fit the crime, but the punishment is levied on everyone.

01Foreman400

Staff member

Everything but my climber. I really would like to keep it a little concealed while I’m not in it.

ALB

I believe the reason is so you can see the hunter, not the stand! Also you may be on your land, but you are hunting state owned deer. So you are required by law to wear that orange. One other thing: people who do accidentally get shot did not expect it! Accidents happen because we get careless!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I believe the reason is so you can see the hunter, not the stand! Also you may be on your land, but you are hunting state owned deer. So you are required by law to wear that orange. One other thing: people who do accidentally get shot did not expect it! Accidents happen because we get careless!

You may be on your land????

Yeah, which means no one else should be! The Trespasser should be the one shot.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I am not understanding what part of they are color blind that you are not getting??

Actually they aren't completely color blind. They see the ultraviolet end of the spectrum, but you're right they can't distinguish blaze orange.

I hunt on my own private land. If you're going to hunt with me don't show up without your orange or you'll be headed to the nearest Walmarks to get some or sitting in camp all alone.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Actually they aren't completely color blind. They see the ultraviolet end of the spectrum, but you're right they can't distinguish blaze orange.

I hunt on my own private land. If you're going to hunt with me don't show up without your orange or you'll be headed to the nearest Walmarks to get some or sitting in camp all alone.
I wear mine! Even to Walmart. ?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
In GA, a 100 yards is like 1,000 out West.. If I get shot 20 foot up a tree in GA, an orange vest isn't going to help. I was meant to get shot.

Heck in north GA from 1 or 2 ridges over you are sitting at eye level to someone standing on the ground....same as sitting on a 300 acre peanut field. from one end to the other you are at eye level. Same as sitting in KS on a prairie or a 1500 acre cut corn field in IL.

In the old days on GA WMAs I always pulled my cheap orange vest off and wrap it around the tree above me so that some idiot slipping along the ridge behind me wouldnt shoot me in the face when I looked around the tree.

The deer of course didnt care either way