Saturday Night Eats-Chickie Babies

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Can't wait to see the finished product Hillbilly

GA1dad

Tater Roses??!!! Now you're really showing out!!!

GA1dad

Aw yeah,,,, mini bird craving flung hard.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Notice my hi-tech use of canning jar lids lol.

Dub

Some more pics of today's cook. I made my deadline on the contract cook. After delivery I sat down and enjoyed the dry ribs and brisket mac-n-cheese. Both turned out very good. For dessert tonight I made up some Toll House cookies. Now I'm struggling to decide if I want a cold beer or cookies and milk.

View attachment 937125View attachment 937127View attachment 937128View attachment 937129View attachment 937130View attachment 937131

Grand slam home run right there !!!!!!!!!

That plated pic looks insanely delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chickies are in the oven:

View attachment 937136

Tater roses are prepped and in the indoor oven: thin-sliced taters with melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and parmesan cheese in a muffin pan:

View attachment 937137

Oh yeah.......another super meal in progress !!!!!

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Haven't cooked these in a while or even posted in here in a while even though I check it out everyday. 1/2 with Tony's and 1/2 with old bay. Never cooked any with old bay but seen it when I was getting the Tonys and a light bulb went off.

Attachments

• IMG_6512.PNG
    IMG_6512.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this was good! Chicken was crispy on the outside; moist, tender, and juicy inside. Taters roses were delicious, too. I forgot to cook my asparagus, though. :O

I need to learn more about cooking in the Dutch oven, I'm impressed with it. Turns out some great eats. I'm just happy I didn't screw it up.

lilchickies4.jpg

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't cooked these in a while or even posted in here in a while even though I check it out everyday. 1/2 with Tony's and 1/2 with old bay. Never cooked any with old bay but seen it when I was getting the Tonys and a light bulb went off.
Yes sir, I'll take some of both!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member