Where's Bro David's thread?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I never got to see the last series of posts, guessing they couldn't have been welcomed.

WaltL1

All of his threads are gone. Apparently we weren't as receptive as the folks in his revival.

WaltL1

I understand the desire to win converts, just don't know why he would come to this subforum and get bent out of shape when his views were challenged. I'm not really cut out for this debate. I'd rather make a new friend than win an argument.

We have proven that both can be accomplished although no one from either side actually "wins" the debate.

1gr8bldr

Brother David was likely a good guy, but he was frustrating to have a conversation with.... due to the fact that much of his foundation was up for debate. Like trying to debate the true size of Bigfoot's shoes, when we all know that he will never let us measure his feet. Have you ever noticed how religious people are.... like they are in a trance. They can not see that what they deem, by faith, as fact, is not factual, but faith. I took me years to be deprogrammed from the underlying traditional religious assumptions. And I expect that some are still there that I don't realize. But the faith remains.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I actually think religious people have been telling you that faith can’t be measured by your evidence tools.

1gr8bldr

I remember when I first came to GON. I was not like many here whom wondered into the AAA forum, but to a smaller degree, I did the same. However, I think I was more curious how the Atheist would answer my questions. I remember asking, If we evolved from apes, what happened to the apes left behind? LOL, I don't wish to debate this, just mentioning it as an example of the format of most of my post back then. Over time, I realized that I was inserting my unseen traditional biases into the discussions. I should edit that... You guys caused me to see it or directly pointed it out. Of which, once pointed out, I agreed. It became interesting to me that both sides seem to have a degree of faith. I say that meaning that no proof exist to either side. Example being that our way of dating back that far is a hypothesis that is unproven, thus we would have to have faith that it is correct. LOL, I don't want to debate this either. I hope I don't open a can of worms.... but if you wish to comment, feel free. I just don't wish to attempt to undermine it. Because I can't. On one hand, I concede that my side of the fence, the faith side, almost plays a wild card. Meaning that it becomes a discussion which seems as though I am trying to evade. Yet that is what I believe, by faith. Weird, I know. LOL, that's the difference in me and most religious people. Back to the wild card, meaning I believe the earth was created with age on it. Meaning the trees did not have to grow from sprouts, that Adam was created mid age rather than an infant. That the animals had grass fields to eat from rather than dirt waiting on grass to grow. Etc, poor conveyance, typical of me, but you see the point. Faith of a big bang or faith of a creation???? It would be interesting to view your comments on how you feel about my use of "faith" of a big bang

WaltL1

Brother David was likely a good guy, but he was frustrating to have a conversation with.... due to the fact that much of his foundation was up for debate. Like trying to debate the true size of Bigfoot's shoes, when we all know that he will never let us measure his feet. Have you ever noticed how religious people are.... like they are in a trance. They can not see that what they deem, by faith, as fact, is not factual, but faith. I took me years to be deprogrammed from the underlying traditional religious assumptions. And I expect that some are still there that I don't realize. But the faith remains.
Although everybody has done/does do that on a variety of subjects at one time or another, albeit on much more minor subjects, there is no other subject like religion that has that level of impact.

j_seph

One of Brother Davids last post in that was when some made a joke out of the Holy Spirit. He said at that point he was done. Have to say I admire him, he stands for something many will not understand. When his thread started bringing insults directly at the Holy Spirit he put a stop to it.

For those who cannot understand, an example: You start a thread, then it goes to the point of someone making a joke out of someone else family member, the right thing to do is to stop the thread out of respect to the others family member.

Question is if y'all knew one another by face, would y'all walk up to Brother David, shake his hand and have a conversation with him? I would give 4:1 odds he would y'all and would almost be willing to bet he will still say a prayer for y'all whether ya believe or not. @Brother David

WaltL1

One of Brother Davids last post in that was when some made a joke out of the Holy Spirit. He said at that point he was done. Have to say I admire him, he stands for something many will not understand. When his thread started bringing insults directly at the Holy Spirit he put a stop to it.

For those who cannot understand, an example: You start a thread, then it goes to the point of someone making a joke out of someone else family member, the right thing to do is to stop the thread out of respect to the others family member.

Question is if y'all knew one another by face, would y'all walk up to Brother David, shake his hand and have a conversation with him? I would give 4:1 odds he would y'all and would almost be willing to bet he will still say a prayer for y'all whether ya believe or not. @Brother David
Prior to that Brother David posted about not taking things as insults and being manly men and not getting our feewings hurt.
Bro' David needs to pick one and go with it.

j_seph

Prior to that Brother David posted about not taking things as insults and being manly men and not getting our feewings hurt.
Bro' David needs to pick one and go with it.
Nothing to do with his feelings getting hurt. There is conviction in following God and being one of his, y'all made the insults on the Holy Spirit. He put a stop to that since it was the thread he started.
This is where I can see that those of y'all that "were self proclaimed Christians" once were nothing more than folks being religious. If you had the real deal, there would have been conviction that you would not walk away and deny.

1gr8bldr

No doubt. Something strange on the handgun sub forum.... he was taking some heat for a post of his, of which he was responding rather sarcastic..... And someone stated, due to what he said, "Oh, I know who you are now". I wondered what that was about. Several possibilities.... I am reading to much into it.... he did not want to be know personally.... church affiliation caused him to step out..... was a previous removed poster back under a new name..... got over his head and did not know how to swim in the AAA forum..... or as you said, wanted nothing to do with using the HS in jokes.... But all his post are gone. LOL, I realize that I am reading waaaay to much into this. Oh no, I don't want to be like my mother. I got that from her. If I wanted to ride my bike to the store for a coke, she had already read into this that I was up to no good, and I was a good kid

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Nothing to do with his feelings getting hurt. There is conviction in following God and being one of his, y'all made the insults on the Holy Spirit. He put a stop to that since it was the thread he started.
This is where I can see that those of y'all that "were self proclaimed Christians" once were nothing more than folks being religious. If you had the real deal, there would have been conviction that you would not walk away and deny.
That is easy to say when you only know one side. I get it,it is inconceivable to you. But it us reality.

WaltL1

1. We didn't drag Bro David in here.
2. By voluntarily coming here, TO A PLACE YOU KNOW IS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE DONT AGREE WITH YOU, you are accepting the "conditions".
3. by giving the "be manly men and don't be insulted" speech previously, I don't personally view his departure as being as noble as you do.
4. In fact its down right hypocritical.
You are free to choose what you admire but Im passing on this one.

Brother David

1. We didn't drag Bro David in here.
2. By voluntarily coming here, TO A PLACE YOU KNOW IS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE DONT AGREE WITH YOU, you are accepting the "conditions".
3. by giving the "be manly men and don't be insulted" speech previously, I don't personally view his departure as being as noble as you do.
4. In fact its down right hypocritical.
You are free to choose what you admire but Im passing on this one.

Just to stop the gossip !
I chose to delete all threads and step away for personal reasons . I was unable to post on any of the pages without someone bring up my Faith . There are times in life when you just have to walk away . My flesh wants to point fingers and accuse , but it's my choice to step away !
I enjoyed our debates , and hope all you gentlemen well in all you endeavor !