Wendy's S'Awesome Bacon Classic Double Hamburger

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you ate all the fries that comes with a burger at five guys that is a testament to how much you love fries. The wife and I can get 2 burgers and 1 order of fries and usually have a few left over. Impressive sir.
I love fries. That is a major understatement.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Used to be a chain of burger joints in Atlanta that blew away everything else and I can't remember the name. They served you a burger and fries on a bun then you went what was basically a salad bar and dressed it how you wanted it, they also had self served draft beer on tap. It was an awesome place.
That sounds exactly like Fuddrucker's.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Red Robin has great steak fries,,,,all u can eat too,,,,
Yeah, they're pretty good. We ate there one time. The burgers weren't really any better than Wendy's, and it cost us over $100 plus tip for five of us to eat burgers and fries.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
"Dislike"(n)
I haven't been back. If I'm going to a sit-down burger joint, it's gonna be Fuddruckers where they grind their meat and make their buns in-house, have a huge toppings bar, and generally have much better food for less than RR. And you can get a good selection of beer, in-house-baked cookies, and you can squeeze a pound of jalapeno cheese over your fries if you want to.

Fuddruckers has sides of beef hanging in the glass-walled butcher shop when you walk in the door. And all of it except the ribeyes goes into the huge burger patties they make.

Cmp1

BANNED
I haven't been back. If I'm going to a sit-down burger joint, it's gonna be Fuddruckers where they grind their meat and make their buns in-house, have a huge toppings bar, and generally have much better food for less than RR. And you can get a good selection of beer, in-house-baked cookies, and you can squeeze a pound of jalapeno cheese over your fries if you want to.

Fuddruckers has sides of beef hanging in the glass-walled butcher shop when you walk in the door. And all of it except the ribeyes goes into the huge burger patties they make.
Never had one,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
I just don't understand why you just can't get a good burger,do a custom mix like they did at this little bar I used to go too,,,,ground chuck and round,,,,cheap too,,,,2 cheeseburgers fries and a brewski,,,,a little over a 5 spot,,,,

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I just don't understand why you just can't get a good burger,do a custom mix like they did at this little bar I used to go too,,,,ground chuck and round,,,,cheap too,,,,2 cheeseburgers fries and a brewski,,,,a little over a 5 spot,,,,
Probably because grinding beef costs about $5 a pound now or more. There is a restaurant called the Pioneer near here in the tiny town of Clyde, NC that still has a big, sloppy, fresh burger and homemade fries for not much over five bucks. I stop in there and get one every now and then.

I'll bet your guys blackstones do a great burger,,,,
Yes, they do.

burger2.jpg

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Ever had fries with mayo,or A1 sauce?
I prefer ketchup, or just eating them as they are. I may spice up the ketchup with hot sauce sometimes. And that looks good, NCHB!