Abuse of handicap tags

Dialer

We have one of those at work. He will park his new Jetta in the very front handicapped spot by the hangar lobby doors, get out, walk the flight line all day, then get in and drive home. He’s “special” alright!
Doesn’t directly effect me, so I just laugh....

DAVE

Other than trying to secure a parking spot is there any good reason why a person would proudly put a tag on their car to identify themselves as a less than able person. If it is important for a person to have a designated parking spot because of their physical inability to walk should they really be driving?

ryanh487

Other than trying to secure a parking spot is there any good reason why a person would proudly put a tag on their car to identify themselves as a less than able person. If it is important for a person to have a designated parking spot because of their physical inability to walk should they really be driving?

the more of those tags i see in traffic, the more i believe that they're issued for mental handicaps too.

breathe in

those handicap placards should have the designee's photo on them like a drivers license. not in the car, ticket issued.

Hillbilly stalker

those handicap placards should have the designee's photo on them like a drivers license. not in the car, ticket issued.
That's the way they are in South Carolina (pictures). It makes me sick tho to watch all the democrats park in handicap spaces at our college physical fitness center , go inside to the weight room, run on the treadmill, swim in the pool, play basketball.....then park in Handicap spots. They aint nothing but sorry. They think its a right just like their monthly check.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Getting a close parking spot at the gym is my personal favorite.

LTZ25

My wife has a HCap tag and needs it for sure , its on her Honda and she had to stop driving due to health , so she's always riding with me and 90 percent of the time in my pickup , so we don't use Hcap spot I just park near door if I find a spot close or stop and help her in then move my truck , I CAN'T stand a jerk that takes a Hcap spot they don't deserve . At her doctor they take it seriously about allowing a hc tag but it must not be the case everywhere . I see these 40 year old fat and skinny people use them all the time . Its got out of hand in Atlanta .

specialk

Getting a close parking spot at the gym is my personal favorite.

i like the ones that take a cigarette break half way thru their work out.....

NOYDB

BANNED
True story.

I watched a woman get out of her car and walk towards the store. When a car in a closer space left she turned around and walked back to her car to move it to the closer space. Some people have no sense of proportion about parking spaces.

Some spend more time driving around the parking lot looking for the better spot then they do shopping.

livetohunt

These are the same people who get the electric carts while in Walmart or grocery store.. They all have the same thing in common...Fat and lazy.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
My MIL has a handicap placard. She always brings it when we travel. When we stop somewhere I'll handicap park if she's getting out. I don't if she's not getting out.
My wife, kids & I are not handicapped.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
My wife has one. Why she has it is our business. ONe day some one that has never had more than a hang nail thinks he knows better than her and a team of doctors at mayo clinic will pop his mouth off. Its gonna be epic. I hope someone records it.

as a buddy of mine who's a sheriffs deputy says "as long as you keep it to a misdemeanor it will be over with in 12 months"

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
When my mother was living I would drive her to Walmart in her car. She had the permanent handicapped tag.
90% of the time all the spaces were occupied. I would pull up near the door and park while helping her to get with her walker into the store. Then go park in a non HC spot.
I would then go and get the store manager and walk them outside and point out that they needed more handicapped spaces. He would say but we are compliant with county code. At first it didn’t work but after about 6-8 times they painted more spaces.

LTZ25

When my mother was living I would drive her to Walmart in her car. She had the permanent handicapped tag.
90% of the time all the spaces were occupied. I would pull up near the door and park while helping her to get with her walker into the store. Then go park in a non HC spot.
I would then go and get the store manager and walk them outside and point out that they needed more handicapped spaces. He would say but we are compliant with county code. At first it didn’t work but after about 6-8 times they painted more spaces.
Handicap spaces are 2 per 50 spaces , one on lots less than 20 and the business will not get a C of O without them , but you can put in all the extra ones you want as a business on private property .

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Handicap spaces are 2 per 50 spaces , one on lots less than 20 and the business will not get a C of O without them , but you can put in all the extra ones you want as a business on private property .

Agreed. But just having the amount to meet code requirements does not allow for the idiot arses who abuse the system as folks above are sharing.

ucfireman

For the record, I don't think I've ever been anywhere, even Kroger on senior citizens day, that had any more than 1/3 to 1/2 of their handicap parking in use. And that's at maximum, usually they're all empty, maybe 1 or 2 used at Walmart.

You must not live in a "Culturally diverse neighborhood".
I dare you to find an empty space anywhere close to Atl.

LTZ25

I hesitate to bring this up but what about the fire lane violations , you can't get a good place in the fire lane in Fayetteville because they are all taken .