Abuse of handicap tags

oops1

Buzzard Expert
How easy is it to get a handicap tag? I work with more than a couple able bodied folks that have and utilize the handicap spots. I can see if they have a disabled family member but they aren’t going to work with them. I find it extremely irritating when people abuse the system.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
How easy is it to get a handicap tag? I work with more than a couple able bodied folks that have and utilize the handicap spots. I can see if they have a disabled family member but they aren’t going to work with them. I find it extremely irritating when people abuse the system.
Let me guess, they’re overweight?

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I never try to find a close parking spot. If one is open I’ll drive past it. I figure there is always someone that needs to park closer than I do. Plus, I don’t want any door dings so I want park close to anyone if I can help it

Lilly001

Most times the tag is issued to the person, who needs a doctor to sign off.
If the person who the tag is assigned is not in the car it's usualy a violation.
Note I used "most" and "usually " a lot.
Judges love to use discretion in Handi cap parking cases.
Most cops learn this quickly.

Tom W.

Both I and my late wife had handicapped tags. We had to have a form filled out by the doctor. My wife had two hips and a shoulder replacement and could barely walk, even after all of the physical therapy she went through. She had degenerative disc and degenerative joint disease. I have Epilepsy and several heart attacks, as well as Colon cancer.
After my late wife died I met and married Lori. I let her do most of the driving, as she likes to drive. I haven't attempted to get a handicapped tag here. I've seen people who need those close spaces worse that I do...

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If they feel the need and think it worth their effort, then let them. I have not got the energy to worry about something so trivial.

Other than taking up 65 sparking spaces at the Grocery store. The add another 30 or so for the people that shop on line and sit in there car waiting on somebody to bring there groceries out.

sinclair1

I like it when the fat and lazy abuse the spots, except if they take the limited ones from people who really need them.

I have door ding disease and park in the boonies, so having those slobs all bunched up at the front door helps me.

I have a abuser in the family so I know they exist. They have the tag for a special needs child and use it alone every time. It’s pathetic.

They are fat and will park up front but not use the electric fat cycle, they proceed to walk two miles inside the Walmarks.
So let me get this straight, you need the close spot but can walk the store for hours.

Then to top it off you use that get over mentality to go thru the express lane with 65 items.

I try to not judge the ones I don’t know as they could have issues that require the spot that are not visual, but I will never give a pass because you eat too many burgers and weigh 499lbs.

You need to park in the boonies for exercise, no check that, you should walk to work until it’s under control.

Last edited:

Cmp1

BANNED
I never try to find a close parking spot. If one is open I’ll drive past it. I figure there is always someone that needs to park closer than I do. Plus, I don’t want any door dings so I want park close to anyone if I can help it
I like to walk anyway,,,,

ryanh487

For the record, I don't think I've ever been anywhere, even Kroger on senior citizens day, that had any more than 1/3 to 1/2 of their handicap parking in use. And that's at maximum, usually they're all empty, maybe 1 or 2 used at Walmart.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I, like anyone else hates someone to abuse the system, but I try not to judge, although sometimes I do. Seems like folks love to through the whole day person comment in, have y'all ever stopped and thought, maybe thier disability is what has caused the weight gain? Maybe they were a very fit person until some terrible accident, which put then immoble for an extended period of time, couple that with any form of depression that would go with it and it would make. Perfect recipe for weight gain. Some of y'all need to walk a mile in other folks shoes. I've been a big guy my whole life, and I hate the stereotype associated with it, I'm not lazy, and will outwork and out sweat most folks in good shape.

Duff

This is kind of related.

I cut through a shopping center off PIB to get a coffee at McDonalds. As I was driving in front of the shopping center a guy in a little red Chevy, behind me, starts honking his horn, throwing his hands in the air. I then realized that an on coming car cut in front of me and stole the curb side parking spot the Chevy was after. I was holding him up.

As I sat at the drive thru waiting on my coffee, the red Chevy was circling the parking lot time and time again, waiting on a prime spot. This went on for 3 or 4 minutes.

I got my coffee and drove back in front of the shopping center, headed back to work. A car was backing out of a store front spot and the little red Chevy came barreling out of an isle, tires squealing, cut in front of me, to make sure he got the spot he thought I was after. Almost took out the car exiting the spot. Lol

I just sat there and watched this 25-30 year old dude, jump out of his red Chevy, grab a gym bag out of his back seat and jog into——-LA Fitnesses facepalm:facepalm: