Pig in the Road

bigewalksalone

Recently I have seen two pigs dead in the road. I can't remember ever seeing pigs hit in the road.
The first one I saw was in the median on Hwy.72 in Elbert cty. right pass the broad river.
The second one was today on Hwy. 78 Oconee cty. right out of Athens. I'm just wondering are
we getting that overrun with pigs? I know they are plentiful but not this bad.
If you've seen any let me know where and the road that they we're on.

transfixer

I haven't seen any run over as of yet, but it doesn't surprise me, they keep expanding their range, travelling up the river basins, I hunt in Oglethorpe , close to the Wilkes county line, they've been around there for years, I live in Douglas county west of Atl, and I've heard of them in south Douglas , just north of the Chattahoochee, and out in Paulding county, around Pumpkinvine creek area, I know they are up in the area around Rhinehart college north of Cartersville, pretty soon they'll be in the cities

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I see one now and then around my place down on the GA/SC line, just across the river from about the Lincoln/Elbert county line.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I see one just every once in a while around here in Southwest Georgia. I see more dead on the road in the Panhandle.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
A few, Not like deer though.

Even a medium sized one will flat out total a car.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Used to be a circus act with trained pigs.

I work in the animal feed industry, it would surprise most folks how close swine nutritional requirements are to humans. Swine more complex than beef cows, goats and horses.
Our parts are somewhat interchangeable also.

Jester896

Senior Clown
think I've seen 2 here recently...one on 8 Mile Rd and lower on Tarva Rd...not uncommon to see one now and again. I'm surprised I haven't seen one on 62 crossing from WMA to Magnolia or vise versa.

bigewalksalone

think I've seen 2 here recently...one on 8 Mile Rd and lower on Tarva Rd...not uncommon to see one now and again. I'm surprised I haven't seen one on 62 crossing from WMA to Magnolia or vise versa.
That's good detail thank you.