Bass Pro sued over backing out of warranty.

If BPS gave this man a lifetime supply of socks or just a pallet load. Would he be happy. NOPE!

We live in the land of "Cancel Culture". Not common sense.

Common sense says, if I buy a pair of socks with a lifetime gaurantee, I'm going to do nothing but wear these socks everyday, outside, walking the dog, hiking, fishing in stream and never needing to wear a pair of shoes.

I've personally taken stuff back to BPS and they have gone out of their way to make me happy as a customer. Every single time.

Dub

We have all seen enough Westerns growing up to know this runaway stagecoach is heading for the cliff.

We'd better get this under control right away.....get these goons out of leadership positions and carve out this corruption.

We have all seen enough Westerns growing up to know this runaway stagecoach is heading for the cliff.

We'd better get this under control right away.....get these goons out of leadership positions and carve out this corruption.
I've been to more BPS stores then anyone I know across this country. I make it a point to stop in them in the cities I travel to for work. I've never had a hard time returning anything or even felt the need to get upset with someone at ANY of those stores. They are some of the best people I've had customer service experiences with. There's more to this story but all we see is "man sues BPS cause they didn't honor the lifetime warranty". I have a pair of Guide Waders that I have had for 15 or so years. They just started leaking on me at my left ankle where the neoprene meets my wader. I've carried these things across the country, fished more rivers than I could have imagined. They failed on me by slowly leaking in New Hampshire just a few weeks ago. And not one single time did the thought cross my mind to look at a warranty or try and take them back. Much less a pair of SOCKS... Just sad.

Dub

I've been to more BPS stores then anyone I know across this country. I make it a point to stop in them in the cities I travel to for work. I've never had a hard time returning anything or even felt the need to get upset with someone at ANY of those stores. They are some of the best people I've had customer service experiences with. There's more to this story but all we see is "man sues BPS cause they didn't honor the lifetime warranty". I have a pair of Guide Waders that I have had for 15 or so years. They just started leaking on me at my left ankle where the neoprene meets my wader. I've carried these things across the country, fished more rivers than I could have imagined. They failed on me by slowly leaking in New Hampshire just a few weeks ago. And not one single time did the thought cross my mind to look at a warranty or try and take them back. Much less a pair of SOCKS... Just sad.

(y)(y)(y)

Sad, indeed. We live in a society that is so lawsuit happy....it's unreal.

Cancel culture.

Woke culture.

Gender identity culture....where men can be women...and women can be men....as well as becoming one of the 17 types of gay they have conjured up.

Dependency Culture.... growing more people who aren't self-sufficient.....and good ole Uncle Sam under the current leadership is just pleased as can be to step in and pull the unprepared and lazy across the finish line. Good ole Uncle Sam throwing money blindly at problems.....and nobody is held accountable for seeing if the desired results are achieved.

And if what Uncle Sam forks over the deadbeats isn't enough......then there is a lawyer ready to get 'em every dime they convince em' they are entitled to (less legal fees, of course).

It's a disgusting mess.

Dub

Next thing you'll see is McDonalds being sued for "HOT" coffee... Oh wait...:banginghe:banginghe

I'll give McDonalds a pass on their coffee. :rofl: It's all they have left now that they dropped their salads off the menu. The rest of it is horrible.

Thankfully there is still 5-Guys & BoJangles.

Don't waste your time on BoJangles coffee, though.....tepid and even though freshly brewed....they must be using somebody's hairnet as the filter. That's about the only time you'll see a hairnet in use, too. Hair extensions down below the waist....nails so long they can't push the register's buttons..........and that is just the dudes.....::gone:

For you BPS haters. And trash talkers about how Cabelas has gone to junk since BPS bought them… pfffttt..

I got caught in an ice storm back in January in Columbus Ohio. John Glen airport was shut down this day. Not a single flight coming or going. There was 1 store open. 1! Not LL Bean. Not even Waffle House. But for some dumb reason, the folks employed by BPS decided to show up for work and open the store. Those people. People that are paid by BPS. The same people that wear BPS badges. The same store I used my BPS rewards card with. The same store where I bought Redhead gear at that day. Red blooded Americans that went to work. And would easily give you a pair of socks off the shelf if you weren’t satisfied with their product.
80B27421-F3B9-451E-ABCD-FE91C78C66FA.png
E80B823A-9493-4ED2-8F89-D1C4A386D81F.png

Dub

you wanna know what is stupid. Stupid is a company putting a lifetime warranty on something they know will not last anywhere near a lifetime. Like a pair of socks.

Maybe they did it for the humor.....just to laugh at the people who are bringing in their socks....got them shoved up over their hands & forearms with a finger poking through the hole made by their gnarly sharp toenails....."See this hole.....I want another sock".

What they should be giving them is some industrial strength toenail clippers......

Dub

For you BPS haters. And trash talkers about how Cabelas has gone to junk since BPS bought them… pfffttt..

I got caught in an ice storm back in January in Columbus Ohio. John Glen airport was shut down this day. Not a single flight coming or going. There was 1 store open. 1! Not LL Bean. Not even Waffle House. But for some dumb reason, the folks employed by BPS decided to show up for work and open the store. Those people. People that are paid by BPS. The same people that wear BPS badges. The same store I used my BPS rewards card with. The same store where I bought Redhead gear at that day. Red blooded Americans that went to work. And would easily give you a pair of socks off the shelf if you weren’t satisfied with their product.
View attachment 1164805
View attachment 1164806

Were you able to get 'em to fire up the peanut roaster ?

Man, I love going to Cabelas when they have cashews and peanuts bagged up ready to go. (y)(y)(y)(y)

you wanna know what is stupid. Stupid is a company putting a lifetime warranty on something they know will not last anywhere near a lifetime. Like a pair of socks.

God forbid a company advertise something like..

The lawsuit shows a picture of the socks in question.

On the packaging, the brand advertises, “This is the last sock you’ll ever need to buy.”

What's ever more stupid is someone actually holding to a sticker on a pair of socks that say "This is the last sock you'll ever need to buy"...

I guess everyone on here drives a Ford cause it's been the #1 selling truck in the US since how long? Well, I do. Just cause it's far superior.

Were you able to get 'em to fire up the peanut roaster ?

Man, I love going to Cabelas when they have cashews and peanuts bagged up ready to go. (y)(y)(y)(y)
Heck no! The plow was cleaning the parking lot when I was leaving. And they opened at 9am. As advertised. No one else was open. I had a snow day and was going shopping. The ONLY place open in Columbus. I drove 30 minutes in the ice storm to go. I had nothing better to do. My flight was cancelled along with everyones. But these people showed up for work when they had a "free day". They took pride in their company. The only reason why they showed up.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
God forbid a company advertise something like..

a warranty like... satisfaction guaranteed.... or, ... the best socks you will ever own, guaranteed....

to put a lifetime warranty on something even my 6 year old grand daughter knows is going to wear out in a couple of years use is just not bright....

and then to welch on the warranty when someone does try to use it? double stupid

to put a lifetime warranty on something even my 6 year old grand daughter knows is going to wear out in a couple of years use is just not bright....

If so..

Bet that 6 year old also has the same sense to know better then try and return a pair of any used socks...

What she doesn't know is, "what's in the fine print" of that guarantee. Like the fine print in just about every warranty or contract. **Subject to the abuse** or something along that lines. Folks buy tickets to baseball games and in that fine print, you cant sue MLB or the team if you get hit by a ball or bat.. ;)

Like I said before. If BPS gave this jerk an entire pallet of socks, he wouldn't be happy. He wants $$$$$$.... over a pair of socks. And THATS what wrong with this country. Sucks for that 6 year old. Sucks for my 14 year old. And some here want to join that cause while screaming "FREEDOM"...

Last edited:

Dub

If so..

Bet that 6 year old also has the same sense to know better then try and return a pair of those socks...

What she doesn't know is, "what's in the fine print" of that guarantee. Like the fine print in just about every warranty or contract. **Subject to the abuse** or something along that lines. Folks buy tickets to baseball games and in that fine print, you cant sue MLB or the team if you get hit by a ball or bat.. ;)

Oh....I'll bet she can read the fine print better than I can....certainly.

I'm forevermore reaching for my cheater glasses.

:rofl: :rofl:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
a warranty like... satisfaction guaranteed.... or, ... the best socks you will ever own, guaranteed....

and then to welch on the warranty when someone does try to use it? double stupid
They knew they would wear out. Making them was cheap. They wanted u to come bring them back. Get socks and buy other sporting items. That was the plan.
Kind of like buying the nickel cup from whataburger! Get your nickel coffee and buy something to eat.

And in a couple years there will be a thread about the price of a pair of socks at BPS being too high... Ya just can't make this stuff up.. Cause it will happen...:rofl:

And in a couple years there will be a thread about the price of a pair of socks at BPS being too high... Ya just can't make this stuff up.. Cause it will happen...:rofl:

I just picked up 1k of Federal SP at BPS for $79.99 Sunday. I had to eat crow as I said I wouldn't pay more than $60, but at least I got some.

Rosewood

1100 on Amazon. 1300 at BPS

NE GA PAPPY

Good to hear about BPS prices and confirming the $9.99 / 100.
Thanks

SakoL61R

I bought the Teal from BPS in Macon two years ago and it was a much better price on sale but all guns were cheaper then.

frankwright

I love purusing BPS and Cabela's but most of the time I stare in wonder at the prices folks are willing to pay for stuff

GTMODawg

Say what you want about BPS, Cabela's, and big box in general. But, they are the only ones maintaining close to pre pandemic pricing on ammo, guns, and everything else.

ringorock

Just to quote a few with a quick search on other things...:pop:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
When I worked at that sporting store. The biggest mark up for profit was the socks. We ran out and there was a sock shortage. They got socks in and you would of thought it was Christmas ? ?

When I worked at that sporting store. The biggest mark up for profit was the socks. We ran out and there was a sock shortage. They got socks in and you would of thought it was Christmas ? ?
But.. did you have socks?:bounce:

People ran out of toilet paper a couple years ago. I never did. What those moron's didn't realize is you could go into the outdoor section at WalMart and the shelf was full of camper toilet paper.. :rofl:

Common sense!!!! Its what so many people now a days lack. You could only buy 2 things of paper products. And all the morons looking for paper. I just went everyday on the way home and bought out the entire stock of camper approved, Angel soft. I would walk through the store with toilet paper and get the, 'Where did you get that". Over in the toilet paper aisle. :rofl: