MY LAST PACK !!

pjciii

You can do it. Stopped smoking after 45 years of smoking Camel's. Quit this time since November 2018. Smokers cough went away in a couple of months. Was diagnosed with pulmonary emphazima a year ago. When I started Medicare was sent for CT scan of my lungs. They found something. Have had 5 CT scans and one MRI. Don't have to tote around an oxygen bottle or anything. No rescue inhaler. I will just do what the DR'S tell me and see where it leads.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I had an Uncle who quit years before there were aids like the patch to help you . He substituted chewing gum for cigarettes. Every time he craved a smoke he chewed a piece of gum. Went thru lot of gum but he made it .
I quit dipping a year ago but picked up nicotine gum. Not so much bad health wise but it isn’t any cheaper than the tobacco. Nicotine is a tough drug to beat

sinclair1

I quit dipping a year ago but picked up nicotine gum. Not so much bad health wise but it isn’t any cheaper than the tobacco. Nicotine is a tough drug to beat
The beer was easier for sure. I was pretty much a daily drunk, but could hardly drive with out my dip in when I quit. I would reach for it 5 times per mile.
I upped the caffeine intake while quitting both. I stay jittery until I had them beat. :flag:

Then I had to slow down the caffeine, and that may have been the hardest of all. I didn’t even quit completely but my body loves caffeine.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
The beer was easier for sure. I was pretty much a daily drunk, but could hardly drive with out my dip in when I quit. I would reach for it 5 times per mile.
I upped the caffeine intake while quitting both. I stay jittery until I had them beat. :flag:
2 strongest snuff cravings for me was driving & immediately following a meal.
Driving was the worse.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

Then I had to slow down the caffeine, and that may have been the hardest of all. I didn’t even quit completely but my body loves caffeine.
I don’t do caffeine at all. I love coffee but drink decaf. I quit beer cold turkey a couple years ago when I got diagnosed with leukemia. Went from 50-60 a week to zero. I stayed quit for about 8 months then picked it back up but I don’t drink near that much now. I’ll give it up permanently soon.

Glynr

If this is really your last pack wrong way to think. It is either that was my last pack or I have a pack but not going to smoke them period.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Geffellz18

I don’t do caffeine at all. I love coffee but drink decaf. I quit beer cold turkey a couple years ago when I got diagnosed with leukemia. Went from 50-60 a week to zero. I stayed quit for about 8 months then picked it back up but I don’t drink near that much now. I’ll give it up permanently soon.
50-60 a week :eek2:…I prolly haven’t had that many in 10 years!
I bet your bank account and liver Thank you! ::ke:
Best of luck with your next attempt!:cheers:

sinclair1

50-60 a week :eek2:…I prolly haven’t had that many in 10 years!
I bet your bank account and liver Thank you! ::ke:
Best of luck with your next attempt!:cheers:
Back before I quit I polished off a 30 pack Saturday and Sunday. Plus my 6-10 a night. It was stupid and expensive.

All it took was the doctor saying my liver enzymes were elevated and I went home and told the wife I was done.

My brother was the opposite. He kept making excuses and saying dumb stuff like I would rather be dead then miserable. It was hard to watch the regret those last few weeks before he passed.

furtaker

You have to have it in your mind that you want to quit. You can`t hardly quit for other folks. You have to do it for yourself. I smoked hard and heavy for 38 years. I tried to quit in 94 for my late Mother, using the patches. Didn`t work. Tried to quit in 98 for my wife and son, using Zyban. Didn`t work. Both of those times I really didn`t want to quit. I was doing it for other. In 2007 I was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease and the doctor told me that if I didn`t quit smoking it would hasten the disease and kill me quicker. That was plenty of incentive to make ME want to quit, and with the help of Chantix, I smoked my last cigarette on February 28, 2008. 6:45 in the morning.
I dipped a can a day for years until I finally quit about 12 years ago. I bet I "quit" about 10 times at least. I wanted to quit but I didn't really want to quit. When I finally decided that I really wanted to quit, I quit. You have to get that mindset and you'll know it when you get it.

Dub

@Big7 hope errythang is going well.

Quitting smoking is a process. Some folks flip a switch and walk away from them....some take a couple runs at it before they get free and clear of tobacco.

Many of us have done it and know what it is like.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I will tell anybody that there hasn't been enough $$$$$$ "printed up" YET to convince me to smoke/chew etc any type of tobacco products.

Beginning back in 1973, for 19 years, I worked for a Filtration related company. I had several cigarette manufacturing plants as customers in supplying various type of filters in their manufacturing plants.

However, I decided to start my own business in 1992 and I kindly stopped supplying anything to ALL of those plants since then as I did NOT want to be in their plants etc and inhaling those fumes and dust etc.

My Father, brother, sister and several really close friends have all died from lung cancer and everyone of these individuals smoked cigarettes. I firmly believe that there is a direct correlation to these facts.