MY LAST PACK !!

Dub

I will tell anybody that there hasn't been enough $$$$$$ "printed up" YET to convince me to smoke/chew etc any type of tobacco products.

Beginning back in 1973, for 19 years, I worked for a Filtration related company. I had several cigarette manufacturing plants as customers in supplying various type of filters in their manufacturing plants.

However, I decided to start my own business in 1992 and I kindly stopped supplying anything to ALL of those plants since then as I did NOT want to be in their plants etc and inhaling those fumes and dust etc.

My Father, brother, sister and several really close friends have all died from lung cancer and everyone of these individuals smoked cigarettes. I firmly believe that there is a direct correlation to these facts.

Agreed.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a direct correlation between smoking and lung cancer is in denial.

There is no way in this day & age that someone of legal smoking age hasn't been presented with these medical facts.

Sadly, most of the new smokers are adolescents....an age when many life decisions occur without much thought or planning.

Dub

@Big7, hope it's going well.

@Big7 how is it going so far? Program your mind to it and you can accomplish what you set out to do.

@Big7 how you holding up.

Hope BigVII ain't freaked a beak or sumthin.

it is hard to justify that when you park the truck and walk 100 yards to the stand to shoot 150 yards.

If i were climbing foot hills or mountains for miles a 6 1/2# rifle would be what I wanted to tote. If it had and adjustable cheek riser that would even make it more desirable. They say the newer carbon barrels could actually be stiffer than a steel one. I bet the stock would be stiffer too.

Ya'll reckon @Big7 checked himself into Marlboro Rehab ?????

I remember when I quit smoking....the hardest times would occur when I would do something I used to enjoy with a cig fired up, too.

It made golf, hunting, fishing, drankin and all sorts of stuff a bit less enjoyable until I became adjusted to life without smoking. Didn't take all that long.

Perhaps he's doing the same....abstaining from GON as that may have been something he did while relaxing with a Marlboro Light fired up..

I get it.

Wasn't as easy to quit as it was to start....that is for sure.....but, quitting was absolutely worth it.

@Big7 and anyone else who is putting them down for good.....hang in there and stick to yer guns. Your future self may very well thank you profusely.

YMMV, as with all things.

sinclair1

I am guessing that surfing woodys was where he would light up.
If the streaks alive, he is getting close to having it licked

Reactions: Dub

Roebuck

“Fishal Spokesman” Useles Billy Club !
Yes Sir.

I quit once for 6 straight years and bummed one of a hunting buddy one day- it was on then.
That's probably right on up there with the stupidest thing I ever done starting back.

I can do this I believe.

You did it once you can do it again. It’s hard, but keep going you’ll beat it.

Reactions: Dub

basshappy

BANNED
Anyone know @Big7 in real life? He hasn't been active here since 20th of November. He was working on quitting smoking and hunting public land - a true double whammy! He was pretty active and then vanished. Wonderin' if he is OK.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Anyone know @Big7 in real life? He hasn't been active here since 20th of November. He was working on quitting smoking and hunting public land - a true double whammy! He was pretty active and then vanished. Wonderin' if he is OK.
Met him once. I was wondering the same as you. Maybe the quitting fell through as many have gone through the same experience.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
I work with someone that knows him. They said he is good

furtaker

I remember when I quit smoking....the hardest times would occur when I would do something I used to enjoy with a cig fired up, too.

It made golf, hunting, fishing, drankin and all sorts of stuff a bit less enjoyable until I became adjusted to life without smoking. Didn't take all that long.
Before I quit dipping I used to think that there was no way I could hunt and do things outside without dipping. Then I made up my mind and finally quit and now I rarely even think about it anymore. I'm so glad that I'm no longer addicted to that crap.

TurkeyBluff

BANNED, Again
When I quit it was outlet a financial decision.

I’ll retire earlier and live longer by quitting. It was an obvious decision.

I do miss it though.

specialk

Is he still not puffing?