I'm curious about interacting with Game Wardens

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That's quite a stretch to compare the "Olive branch petition" to the king to Jim saying just don't break the game laws.

However, I agree with your sentiment to a degree. Even if you don't break the law, because of the aggressive nature of law enforcement today and their willingness to violate civil rights, you have to be on your guard and take the advice of a liberal organization like the ACLU just to defend your own civil rights.
I will say, from personal and professional experience...you don't know who or what they just got done dealing with an experience or jerk.

Video it all, start to finish

ddd-shooter

That's quite a stretch to compare the "Olive branch petition" to the king to Jim saying just don't break the game laws.

However, I agree with your sentiment to a degree. Even if you don't break the law, because of the aggressive nature of law enforcement today and their willingness to violate civil rights, you have to be on your guard and take the advice of a liberal organization like the ACLU just to defend your own civil rights.
Agree. But people saying “just don’t do anything illegal and you’ll be fine” ignore the myriad of corrupt government officials AND the natural tendency for power to corrupt. Our founding fathers saw that tendency and placed guard rails for our benefit.

Personally, I know all the local game wardens. I’ve turned in a few poachers. Always helpful on both sides of the conversation

Imagine if cops could just pull you over and just randomly check your drivers license when you’ve broke no laws. Just to see if you had a drivers license. But Wardens can do it at will.

Rebel 3

Imagine if cops could just pull you over and just randomly check your drivers license when you’ve broke no laws. Just to see if you had a drivers license. But Wardens can do it at will.
Game wardens can't pull you over on the road just to check your driver's license. They have to abide by the same principles as any other law enforcement.

Jim Boyd

Have you read the angry letter we sent king George?
Government oversteps all the time and our founding fathers weren’t fools.
lol

I have not read this letter of which you speak.

Government overreach is not that high on my worry list.

Now LESS government would please me greatly!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

You forgot all the memes

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Agree. But people saying “just don’t do anything illegal and you’ll be fine” ignore the myriad of corrupt government officials AND the natural tendency for power to corrupt. Our founding fathers saw that tendency and placed guard rails for our benefit.

Personally, I know all the local game wardens. I’ve turned in a few poachers. Always helpful on both sides of the conversation
Yep, if it was up to me, your legal rights and how to interact with police would be part of getting your drivers license just like the test drive but they don't want that. It'd stop some of the searches and fishing that goes on.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
They can.
Window tint is the magic key to many stops.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I'm sitting in a parking lot right now looking at cars. Most of these cars don't have tint. How can that be cause for a stop?
Too dark.

Defective equipment was another

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m not any kind of legal scholar but have read a bunch of this lil nugget……I feel educated :biggrin2:

I am no doubt in the yes sir, no sir camp. Growing up I have been pulled over riding dirty with lots of fire in the hot rods and trucks………lots of chances to go directly to jail without passing go. I was caught hunting with an expired license recently Too! I thank the Lord to this day for watching over me in ever scenario And keeping me from ever getting booked!
A few weeks ago a cop told me of a traffic stop where the guy was being smart mouth and flicked a cigarette butt down in disgust, right next to him. This idjut’s day went from bad to worse, then downhill from there. Cant fix stupid I guess :huh:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yep, if it was up to me, your legal rights and how to interact with police would be part of getting your drivers license just like the test drive but they don't want that. It'd stop some of the searches and fishing that goes on.
They (the ones that actually need it) wouldn’t listen.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I'm sitting in a parking lot right now looking at cars. Most of these cars don't have tint. How can that be cause for a stop?
Especially at night.

Byron police issued a warning to former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal after he was stopped on Interstate 75 Wednesday night. O'Neal was driving what was described as a large Mercedes with windows tinted darker than Georgia law allows, said Sgt. Eric Farris of the Byron Police Department.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I watched some of wardens last night on the outdoor channel. Michigan I believe. Good stuff. :bounce: