I'm curious about interacting with Game Wardens

zmgsvt

Have had countless encounters with LEO's in many different states. Have always been honest and tried to make the officers feel safe as a possible as I appreciate what they do. I always immediately alert them of all firearms, any game in possession, keep hands in sight, etc.

Had one bad experience in 40 years and that was with GA DNR officer Barry Britt. Even almost 20 years later it still burns me up when I look back on it. Maybe everyone has a bad day but I'll never forget how he treated us.

Silent Assassin

@Silent Assassin remember though, they knowingly and willing choose to enter the field. It comes with the territory as it goes. They were not forced to swear to uphold the law.
Well....Do you not celebrate the 4th of July, or Memorial Day? I mean after all, those men and women did not have to fight for our country. They chose to.
Just because someone chooses to guard the door from the wolves does not mean they deserve what they get if things go bad. I was simply stating to try to cut them some slack and understand what they might encounter day in and day out.

basshappy

BANNED
Well....Do you not celebrate the 4th of July, or Memorial Day? I mean after all, those men and women did not have to fight for our country. They chose to.
Just because someone chooses to guard the door from the wolves does not mean they deserve what they get if things go bad. I was simply stating to try to cut them some slack and understand what they might encounter day in and day out.

Those who serve(d) in our armed forces did have to fight when they were activated, and they knowingly accepted this possibility (they migjt have to fight) when they chose to enlist and serve. It comes with the territory.

I don't know if "deserve what they get" is how I would word it. That word "deserve" is not how I would state it. It comes with the territory might be more suitable. If I choose to become a firemen then I choose to accept everything that comes with that responsibility. Good, bad or indifferent. School teacher the same. Every profession the same. I can be empathetic and have compassion for all or nearly all. But unless you are born into slavery or cast into slavery having free will to choose leads me to believe that you know and accept everything that comes with the territory. Be it law enforcement, education, armed forces, professional sports, etc.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Get out of my yard Wolves! Retired Game Warden shoots wolf in yard and claims “self defense”

One thing I will say about that. Wolfs come in my yard and try to kill my livestock pets or family I’m shooting it. That’s the stupidest thing I read in that article that says you can’t shoot one if it’s attacking your animals or livestock due to be endangered species.

K80Shooter

One thing I will say about that. Wolfs come in my yard and try to kill my livestock pets or family I’m shooting it. That’s the stupidest thing I read in that article that says you can’t shoot one if it’s attacking your animals or livestock due to be endangered species.
You do whatever you have to do and keep your mouth shut.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Jim Boyd

Go down yonder in the political forum. You ain't seen paranoia yet.....:bounce:

I’ll just rock along somewhere in the middle.

Think I am locked out of the political forum.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll just rock along somewhere in the middle.

Think I am locked out of the political forum.
I can get you in there in about five seconds if you want in, but you're probably happier without it. :)

Shadow11

I don't even know where my last post is back yunder. I'm pretty sure I posted something here. Anyway, got stopped at another place just now, while trout fishing, by the same gw that told me in Helen last summer that I couldn't keep trout in a cooler of ice.

He checked my license... no service, so it took awhile to find my last screenshot of em. He said I was good. He wanted to search my cooler, I said go ahead. He asked how much have I had to drink. None. He said he could smell it up wind... Blah blah. Finally he let me go home.

turkeykirk

I don't even know where my last post is back yunder. I'm pretty sure I posted something here. Anyway, got stopped at another place just now, while trout fishing, by the same gw that told me in Helen last summer that I couldn't keep trout in a cooler of ice.

He checked my license... no service, so it took awhile to find my last screenshot of em. He said I was good. He wanted to search my cooler, I said go ahead. He asked how much have I had to drink. None. He said he could smell it up wind... Blah blah. Finally he let me go home.
Should have invited him to have a beer. :rofl:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I didn't know you could be charged with fishing for trout under the influence and eyereckon I should make a screenshot of my license...

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

Can't keep trout in a cooler on ice? That's a strange one.

K80Shooter

I would have told him it was probably someone's mash pot that he smelled.