Speckled Trout are Disappearing

jdgator

Shirley he's not suggesting that the ENTIRE flow of the A/C/F (Appalachicola/chattahoochee/flint) river basin be filtered...
:huh:

Don't call me Shirley.

In places where river water is filtered (such as the Pacific North West) they typically select one of the exit flumes from a dam to pass through a filtration system. It is whatever percent of the discharge they are scaled to handle.

jdgator

Don't call me Shirley.

In places where river water is filtered (such as the Pacific North West) they typically select one of the exit flumes from a dam to pass through a filtration system. It is whatever percent of the discharge they are scaled to handle.

To be fair, I don't know anything about removing contaminants from water. I heard this at a CCA banquet and thought it sounded good. If anything, I am knowledgeable about attending CCA banquets and bidding on things I don't need. The auction girls get me every time...

KLBTJTALLY1

Sorry Gator89. Better luck next time. It's alright though. Count on 1eyefishing and he will prove everyone I'm wrong again and trout are so thick that everyone is limiting out and the new recreational movement of throwing back over 20" fish has been abandoned because trout are literally jumping in the boats. Heck they're like carp up North. Just go through a creek or some flats and rev your motor and you limit out in like 5 minutes. :rofl::fine::banana:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Tally boi has some problems with logic reading comprehension too.
I never said you're wrong. And I agreed with you that the fishing has been getting progressively worse.
I just said it started years before your declaration that the trout are 'disappearing'. The State reduced the limits a few seasons ago, so your declaration should have caught no one by surprise as it with three years late.
Some of us are still catching fish in the meantime.
Grow up.

buckpasser

Except for deer, pretty much every hunting/fishing opportunity is down in availability and waaay down in fun. The lesson I have learned from it is to enjoy things while they are good, cause they are not promised to always be.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Except for deer, pretty much every hunting/fishing opportunity is down in availability and waaay down in fun. The lesson I have learned from it is to enjoy things while they are good, cause they are not promised to always be.
And if you're not good at it, it could appear they are disappearing.

1eyefishing

Had one of the guides down there bragging about cleaning 76 fish for his clients over the week.
Then whining in front of everybody on the whole dock about me keeping a 21" fish in a cooler with less than a limit.
Some people!
:bounce:

notnksnemor

Had one of the guides down there bragging about cleaning 76 fish for his clients over the week.
Then whining in front of everybody on the whole dock about me keeping a 21" fish in a cooler with less than a limit.
Some people!
:bounce:
Capt. Butt Hurt?????

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I'd argue the whole fishery is "off" in Apalachicola bay. I've noticed a change going back 5-6 years. This past fall did fish better than prior years, but still not what it has been in the past.

1eyefishing

I'd argue the whole fishery is "off" in Apalachicola bay. I've noticed a change going back 5-6 years. This past fall did fish better than prior years, but still not what it has been in the past.
Ya, I got my hat handed to me in apalachicola bay last trip there bout 18 mos. ago...
But I think the giant river water there puts it in a different category than apalachee bay.

notnksnemor

I'm just gonna throw this out.

Wasn't there a closed season on trout Jan - Feb if memory serves me? And not that many years ago.
To me, instituting that again would do more for trout than any length limit.

It would suck for the winter river fisherman.

Gator89

I'm just gonna throw this out.

Wasn't there a closed season on trout Jan - Feb if memory serves me? And not that many years ago.
To me, instituting that again would do more for trout than any length limit.

It would suck for the winter river fisherman.

It was not that many years ago that you could not keep trout in FL during February.