now this is sick

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
While I am in agreement that these men should not be pastors, I will stop short of judging their salvation. We all have sins we commit.

You dont really have to judge an apple tree to look at it and see that it bears no fruit.

And I dont buy that crap that we all have to sin a little each day. Im not perfect, Im 100% sure that I have done something daily, and thats why I pray daily. But I dang sure am not going out there daily and planning on doing it and planning on making it my permanent lifestyle.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Well, I don't think Martin would be proud!!!

Repent means 'turn from sin' not accept it!

drhunter1

While I am in agreement that these men should not be pastors, I will stop short of judging their salvation. We all have sins we commit.

I agree. Ones salvation is between the person and the Lord and not for us to determine. While my natural inclination is to be against this lifestyle, the Lord uses who he wishes for his purposes at his leasure.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
While my natural inclination is to be against this lifestyle, the Lord uses who he wishes for his purposes at his leasure.

So you think its possible that the Lord would bless a gay ministry after he called it an abomination?

Sounds like you got to be on one side the fence or the other.

WTM45

What's left to bash?
Interracial marriage... check.
Homosexuals... check.
Catholics... check.
Muslims... check.

It's getting old, folks.
Some honestly want people to listen to and learn about their beliefs and religion, but if they continue with the exclusivity and "better than thou" approach, well, get ready for outright rejection.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
The problem with this subject is sin. All of us have sins. Preachers, Elders, Deacons. All have sin.
Homosexuality is in the world and homosexuals have a right to hear the Gospel of Jesus and make decisions.

But in this case, a church of several hundred people have decided that God's statement that no homosexual will be allowed into His kingdom can be ignored.
And not only that, but homosexuals can now be selected to positions of leadership within Christ's church.
And not only that, but two homosexual Ministers can live together in a sexual relationship.

The greatest sin here lies in the church that sponsored and allowed this.
Martin Luther would indeed be upset.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What's left to bash?
Interracial marriage... check.
Homosexuals... check.
Catholics... check.
Muslims... check.

It's getting old, folks.
Some honestly want people to listen to and learn about their beliefs and religion, but if they continue with the exclusivity and "better than thou" approach, well, get ready for outright rejection.

Maybe the debate portion of this forum should not be visited by those that view debate as bashing. I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone has played the holier than thou platform. What I do see, is there are still some folks out there that has the backbone to call sin sin and not compromise and just pretend its not there.

earl

Banned
You dont really have to judge an apple tree to look at it and see that it bears no fruit.

And I dont buy that crap that we all have to sin a little each day. Im not perfect, Im 100% sure that I have done something daily, and thats why I pray daily. But I dang sure am not going out there daily and planning on doing it and planning on making it my permanent lifestyle.

Are you saying you have zero bad habits ? :eek:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Are you saying you have zero bad habits ? :eek:
earl, stop being hard headed, read this sentence again.::ke:
Im not perfect, Im 100% sure that I have done something daily, and thats why I pray daily. But I dang sure am not going out there daily and planning on doing it and planning on making it my permanent lifestyle.

Now a bad habit is picking your nose. The difference is these boys do not have any intentions on turning from their sin, they are incorporating into their lifestyle and making it a way of life and changing church policies to accept it. If this is the way it works, why even preach repentance? Just make it a way of life and forget about it.

crackerdave

Promise of eternity? The Christian "heaven" has a sign on the gate that reads:
No Homosexuals Allowed!

Now this makes a certain amount of sense. But not in this case. St. John's Lutheran Church doesn't look to be some mega church with tons of money. The pay can't be that good.

Maybe it's the tax exemptions. :huh:

Your sig-line illustrates the fact that even animals have sense enough not to have sex with the same gender.

crackerdave

Homosexual Christian ministers. :rolleyes:

Why would you actively propagate a religion that thinks you are an "abomination"? :huh:

It just makes no sense!

It is not the sinner that is the abomination - it's the sin. Very simple,very clear in the Bible.

earl

Banned
earl, stop being hard headed, read this sentence again.::ke:

Now a bad habit is picking your nose. The difference is these boys do not have any intentions on turning from their sin, they are incorporating into their lifestyle and making it a way of life and changing church policies to accept it. If this is the way it works, why even preach repentance? Just make it a way of life and forget about it.

Things I had in mind when I typed that were things like smoking,dipping, overeating . BTW, Booger pickin' is a sport.

Lowjack

“Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come (namely, the “coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him”—II Thessalonians 2:1b) unless THE APOSTASY (Greek for “falling away”) comes first, AND the MAN OF SIN is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God” (II Thessalonians 2:3-4)

earl

Banned
Your sig-line illustrates the fact that even animals have sense enough not to have sex with the same gender.

What about the ones that can change sex ?:pop:

crackerdave

Things I had in mind when I typed that were things like smoking,dipping, overeating . BTW, Booger pickin' is a sport.

As is "Booger Flickin'. "

The ones that can change sex? What - have sex with themselves? Don't git me started,earl!

WTM45

Maybe the debate portion of this forum should not be visited by those that view debate as bashing. I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone has played the holier than thou platform. What I do see, is there are still some folks out there that has the backbone to call sin sin and not compromise and just pretend its not there.

Maybe those who come here and loudly voice their personal opinions, however they were formed, need to spend a little more time cleaning the windows of their own glass abodes.
I include myself in that statement.

Remember, the religious belief system that is most often expressed here teaches that all sin is equal in the eyes of God. So, let's go ahead and equally beat up on the overweight gluttons, the thieving car salesperson, the cheating college student, the lying teenager, the cheating spouse, the stealing preacher, the nude dancer, the beer drinking truckdriver, the drug addicted inattentive mother..........

What's funny is these folks, and their church, don't give a flip what you or I think. They have the right to not care too.
I think it is great!
No one will come into your church/social club and tell you and your people what to do. Who should be telling them anything?
Let them deal with it.
They are used to the abuse, the homophobia, the prejudice. I'm sure they can handle it.

Last edited:

crackerdave

Maybe those who come here and loudly voice their personal opinions, however they were formed, need to spend a little more time cleaning the windows of their own glass abodes.
I include myself in that statement.

Remember, the religious belief system that is most often expressed here teaches that all sin is equal in the eyes of God. So, let's go ahead and equally beat up on the overweight gluttons, the thieving car salesperson, the cheating college student, the lying teenager, the cheating spouse, the stealing preacher, the nude dancer, the beer drinking truckdriver, the drug addicted inattentive mother..........

What's funny is these folks, and their church, don't give a flip what you or I think. They have the right to not care too.
I think it is great!
No one will come into your church/social club and tell you and your people what to do. Who should be telling them anything?
Let them deal with it.
They are used to the abuse, the homophobia, the predjudice. I'm sure they can handle it.

God.