Do You Enjoy Death now??

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
There's a catchy title isn't it?

Now, as a mature (or maturing) Christian have you come to terms with death?
Can you see it as a good thing in the lives of your friends and relatives?
Has the horror of the death of a loved one been turned into a great and glorious day for you?
Have you learned to not be shocked when someone dies?

apoint

Yes on all accounts. But you can never side track the shock and missing a loved one. Even my puppy dogs, when their old and I know their days are over its still hard for me. Sorry Im just an old soft heart.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

While I won't say I enjoy death, for me when God walks with me in life as He does, I'm sure he'll walk with me in death, and there is no reason to fear it. 'The last enemy to be conquered is death'. It is not death I really fear, but the dying part, yet I am confident that the Lord will see me through it.

For others it depends, some I know have died without knowing Jesus and it is a sad affair to me. Those that know Him and die, it really is a home-going celebration!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Like F1, I don't fear death, but dying is altogether different. I got to test whether I was afraid to die,five years ago November upcoming. I had a major heart attack and I was at peace the whole time. I did get upset seeing my family crying and worrying. But the peace I felt was very curious when I think back on it. My walk with the Lord has never been closer than since it happened. I always told folks that I did not fear death ever since I was saved but, I was put on the edge and there was no fear. Now I do dread dealing with a lingering painful death. But I too have confidence that Christ will see me thru it.

jmharris23

Yes I have pretty well come to grips with it, although like apoint said there is quite a hole when you lose someone.

As far as my own death, I welcome it when my appointment comes due, but like Paymaster, I'd prefer it not to be lingering.

I always tell my church, I'm not afraid to die, I am a little afraid of how I'll die!

Lowjack

I'm still not over the death of my Grandson 2 years ago, Even Though I know where he is, I guess my wife's suffering is much greater and that's what affects me the most.

In my testimony a long time ago, I told you all , how I died in the operating table and how I found myself with the Lord and what I saw and what was said to me, so I do not fear death for myself, yet to lose someone you love even though you know what is beyond this life , it is still very very very Hard.

Until we meet again son, Rest in peace Noel

Attachments

• Chich.jpg
    Chich.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 178

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I'm still not over the death of my Grandson 2 years ago, Even Though I know where he is, I guess my wife's suffering is much greater and that's what affects me the most.

In my testimony a long time ago, I told you all , how I died in the operating table and how I found myself with the Lord and what I saw and what was said to me, so I do not fear death for myself, yet to lose someone you love even though you know what is beyond this life , it is still very very very Hard.

Until we meet again son, Rest in peace Noel

Those must have been tough times.

I wonder what he's doing tonight?

vanguard1

Banned
death has been very real to me the last few years, two years ago my nephew was shot in a drive by shooting he was only 22 , then my sister died of ALS on the 6th of july and my mother in law died of a heart attack on the 6th of this month. death is not of God it came as a result of sin, the bible says the last enemy to be destroyed is death, i have watched a person shot and killed a few feet in front of me by a cop, i have had a friend hang himself just hours after i left his home, so i know it pretty well and i hate it.

gordon 2

There's a catchy title isn't it?

Now, as a mature (or maturing) Christian have you come to terms with death?
Can you see it as a good thing in the lives of your friends and relatives?
Has the horror of the death of a loved one been turned into a great and glorious day for you?
Have you learned to not be shocked when someone dies?

I have worked in a hospital setting for many yrs. Besides deaths in my family ( my parents, gradparents, etc), I have witnessed many deaths and the reactions to it. The reactions are varried.

People seem to have less issues with death as they get older. Most people have issues with death of young people and by today's standards 76yrs ( for example) is still young with regards to passing away. I am not certain why. It is probably due to many factors. To see people vital and animated just hours ago and passed now is shocking. To know that spiritual development is not the same for all is also worying.

Young people, especially young females, have issues with grand parents passing away more so than others in my view. Males of all ages are "brave" and usually help others cope by their silent prescence or with doing things, like getting food, chairs, business etc... More mature adults, knowing Christ or not, seem to chalk it down to, " that person had a long life" and are not distressed.

In my view as a Christian, I know from first hand experience that death comes from sin and in Christ my sins are taken away. When I look back at myself I can see when I was a dead man walking because of sin. And not sin in general, but due to sin specific. Having tasted the lips of forgiveness one second and seen in an other, the bounty that is offered to all by my Lord the sting of death is an hour in the dentist chair.

gtparts

When I was lost, death was the "vehicle" that would take me where I didn't want to go. It was somewhat mysterious and the thought was definitely frightening.

Now, death is a curiosity. Will I know what is happening? Is it like the old automobile "dimmer switch"? Low beam... high beam? Whatever the final experience is this side of heaven, I am looking forward to making my appearance there, when the time comes.

ronpasley

Death what a great word music to my ears, to be absent from the body and present with my Lord amen. I pray that the Lord will use my death to honour and glorify Him. I also pray the Lord will not let me go so I can stay here and be a witness for Him so people can see a light of hope through me of Jesus Christ.::; If my life will draw more to Christ in my death than let be die.

:cry:Death for those that I cry for because of the fear where they might be. It hurts so bad that hurt drives me hard to the next person to share the Gospel of Christ.

For the ones that live the life and walk the walk and follow our Lord and Savoir what a great celebration will be.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I do not fear death but I do not look forward to it. I still have plenty of living to do, God willing. I accept it is closer than farther away and am ready to go when it is my time. I look forward to eternity with God with no suffering and everlasting peace. I also look forward to being rejoined with those I love who have gone before me.

From a rational faith based point of view I know those I love who are gone are with the Father and I know they are interceding on my behalf. I am relieved their suffering here on Earth is over and I rejoice in the knowledge they are safe with the Lord.

That still doesn't fill the hole. I remember each of them, think of them daily, miss them dearly and will continue to do so until I see them again.

My greatest fears and concerns are for those I will leave behind.

david w.

When I think about it,I get scared.I wonder if,when I die will I ever see my family again.I also wonder,When we die is it like when we fall asleep ever thing just blacks out or do we wake up in another world or place.

Israel

BANNED
When I think about it,I get scared.I wonder if,when I die will I ever see my family again.I also wonder,When we die is it like when we fall asleep ever thing just blacks out or do we wake up in another world or place.

David, I would encourage you to pursue those questions to their logical end...is this all there is...and ultimately, am I alone?
The truth is you have come from someone and are to return to Him. He is nearer than your heart and your lips, in fact it is only because of him that you consider those questions.
Eternity is in your heart for a reason.

The hairs of your head are all numbered.
And you are not alone.

creation's_cause

I have heard testimony that when someone had died (and returned) and was entering glory, that every drop of water in the river they saw gave praise to our Lord....how wonderful it must be to be in a place like that. Death will be the beginning of a new, eternal life with a new, glorified body. To live is Christ, to die is gain.

Lowjack

Yes You will see your family Including all your ancestors you never knew you had ,and automatically you know there names; For me I was under Anesthesia so when I opened my eyes I was in front of The Lord and millions of people Worshiping him.
There is no pain, no bad thoughts, no wish to do harm, total total peace.
and you will feel as solid as you are now and everything will seem as real as earth is.

ronpasley

Yes You will see your family Including all your ancestors you never knew you had ,and automatically you know there names; For me I was under Anesthesia so when I opened my eyes I was in front of The Lord and millions of people Worshiping him.
There is no pain, no bad thoughts, no wish to do harm, total total peace.
and you will feel as solid as you are now and everything will seem as real as earth is.

LJ I love to hear your story someday with you have time.
Thanks Ron

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Wish I could find it in here, save me a lot of typing LOL

You can do an 'advanced search' and find it.
I found it but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to post it.

apoint

Absent from the body present with the Lord. I have heard of a man that came back from heaven, he said all things are praising God,
Like the trees and flowers etc. I believe its more than we can imagine.