Where Are You Located?

groundhawg

Where Are You Located?

The last time I was staying in a hotel after I had left my room to go to breakfast while waiting on the elevator I noticed a sign posted next to the elevator. It said this is where you are with a red dot indicating where I was was on that floor It further read in case of a fire this is your way to escape. Fire evacuation plans on the back of doors in hotels are an essential safety feature designed to provide guests with the information they need to evacuate a building in the event of a fire. Unfortunately, despite their importance, many people do not take the time to read these plans, putting themselves and others at risk.

Well the Bible has warned in 2 Peter chapter three that the earth is going to burn up and the elements are going to melt with fervent heat.

Second Peter 3: Verses 11-13.

{11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, What sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12 Waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.}

Sadly the Bible warns in Revelation chapter six that instead of multitudes calling on God for mercy. They will run to the mountains and rocks and pray to them to fall on them and hide them from the face of him who sets on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb. So which side will you be on? Caring out to God in mercy or praying to rocks and mountains?

Revelation 6: Verses 12-16

{12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! }

The good news is God has made a way for us to escape through the person of Jesus Christ. The Bible just like the floor plan that was on the wall outside the elevator shows us where we are. Without God we are lost and without hope. However the Bible lays out the way to escape the impending judgment of God so clearly that a wayfaring man though a fool shall not error therein.

What is God's great news?

From the very start, God made plans to send His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to pay the righteous and just penalty for our sin by shedding His blood on the cross and dying on our behalf, and then by conquering death through His resurrection from the dead.

For God So Loved the World – John 3:16-19 NKLV
John 3:16-19
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

gordon 2

"...ye that work iniquity."

And yet also we who claim our rest in Christ the rocks and mountains will not fall on us? We who had called them down on ourselves, we who praised the Samaritans in word because the Lord praised them. Yet we knew not to do justice and to some we grant without thought and by course no mercy?

That which was given to us strangers once, we who choose to never mirror? Not mercy and not justice is our prayers to the mountains, yet we brave face as if we stand left and right with Christ. We are not better than the already condemned. As is their prayers so are ours. Though we shout ours they see no great difference with theirs and mine. In the end we both pray to move the same mountains.

Last edited: