The Holy Ghost

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
"Have you ever received the Holy Ghost if so what was it like? What kind of experience did you have not a measure as all men have but the fullness of it."

My problem is that I could not let the fullness occupy me for more than seven days. Or at least it did not last more than seven days as it was meant to be for me.

I don't think that psychologically and in the end physically I could have been fit to live with others in society and function as is normal member of society. ( It was perhaps akin to the warning or ancient idea that if one is to "see" all of God one could not live a normal life span.)

The Holy Ghost ministered to me, as he has to many others but not in the same way, what I am convinced that is the truth ( God's truth) that we Christians are to believe in and place our trust in and faith in.

It has since been validated that I have probably with high degree made a correct assessment of my receiving from the Holy Ghost a grace that not only changed my life and my relationship with God, but which is really not uncommon as one would think and which makes scripture come alive like it could not prior.

What was it like? And what did I learn? It was the intense emotional experience of love that lasted exactly 7 days to the near minute or possibly the exact minute. It occurred some 37 yrs ago. It was of a love so intense that subjects were pulled in for it outside of my will.

For example, without my purposely focusing on people that were in my heart some my enemies I had no choice but to love them. Note I had no choice where love made me go. The Holy Spirit was a teacher to me for seven days, exactly seven days, and then the lesson was finished.

I learned more in those seven days than 33 yrs on this earth as someone who took, studied and practiced our faith seriously. I have never learned anything greater than what was witness to me since those seven days. As a matter of fact everything pales in comparison.

Note that I had not asked for anything, nor could I have known to ask then of such an experience from the Holy Spirit. Simply my heart was changed, but the effect was not simple then and since. All of life was changed. All of scripture was changed. Fellowship was changed. I had for it brothers and sisters genuine who might have been in my old life strangers to guard from. If the Good Samaritan was made to bat 400 due practice, I was able to bat 400 for a seven day surgery via God's heart pump. God was present to me now in the church assembly's worship and in the very building seven days a week!

Ah! The fullness of it, the love of Christ, more than seven days I probably would have collapsed unable to witness or perhaps would have perished from life in this world.

What was it like? It was like standing on the foundation God himself stands on and to be there with other saints. It was a new confidence to speak from a place that gave a common voice that the saints share in their hearts or might I say from their uniquely shared kingdom.

It is not something to boast about as some might boast. It is humbling to live as I since live-- yet for knowing the love I have been shown I am confident in the love of the Lord in our Lord Jesus Christ---which is the purpose and the witness of the Holy Spirit for us.

And there is much more, but these things man will seek them and listen for them not needing them as the Lord counts individual needs and they will exhaust the faith lives of some.

So I feel safe now to say that what has served me more towards a genuine love towards God and others, friends and enemies, was seven days with the Holy Spirit witnessing the love He knew and so God's love, the Father, and the love of our Lord Jesus-- which was given to the apostles and now which can be given down to us.

What was it like? Is more what is it like? What was, is and will ever be.

Now scripture is dear to me don't get me wrong. But scripture is not able to change my heart. My body and my soul are not perhaps so mated to it in this way of being changed and know intimately our Lord. Scripture does not motivate me to get up and fight like my heart does, and my heart is not only my own. As a matter of fact I don't fight for myself anymore. All for the fullness of the Holy Spirit that I was able to abide with and endured for more exactly but seven days. And before this I can nearly say I was blind and now I love, when I live, due the love heaven can minister to all who would climb up in a tree to see Jesus go by. You might know it but Jesus will invite himself into your life if only you go where the Holy Spirit rattles the roofs and none are afraid.

What was it like?

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.

And

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

And

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. · Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left ...

Simply it is not scripture that explains God or man, yet it is beneficial, it is God that explains scripture and man. The definitions of things are in His truth. And that truth is love. And that truth as it concerns Christians is in our Lord Jesus Christ as ministered by the Holy Spirit in a way that only God's promise to place in man a heart of flesh can occur. There are no other ways, not by scripture and not with the vanities of the human imaginations that would dress and undress God as if He was made lacking for our sinful nature to fit our bodies and souls with his gathering in loving kindness.

There is more... but sometimes less is best... :) Hope this answered your questions. If you have more ask.
Now you've created in me a bit of jealousy. My experience was only about 7 minutes though it may have been 7 seconds. I honestly don't know. All I know is I was taken to the other side of the curtain so-to-speak, given a revelation that testified to the truth and veracity of all of scripture that resulted in my personal understanding of it and solidified my witness in stone. I can't imagine it lasting 7 days. But as always it was exactly what I needed and when I needed it, and in truthfulness I'm not jealous. What more could I ask for. "The Lord is my Shepard. I truly shall not want."

SemperFiDawg

Pretty straight forward explanation here on the subject backed by scripture.
Both the Bible and good philosophy report that God is non-physical - spirit. In John 4:24 it is said that God is spirit (see also Luke 24:39; Romans 1:20; Colossians 1:15; 1 Timothy 1:17). This is why no material thing was to be used to represent God

BanjoPicker

The Holy Ghost Has a Personal Soul Like Man

God has a personal soul, soul naturally if the Holy Ghost is God He also has a personal soul with the same soul feelings, emotions, appetites, and desires as in the scriptures as faculties of God, the Holy Spirit prove that He has a soul, four the soul is the seat of the affections, emotions, passions, desires, appetites, and all feelings. The attributes and personal acts of the Spirit, prove that the spirit has emotions, desires, and feelings like any sentient being.
The Holy Spirit, as seen has love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self-control Gal. 5:22, 23; fellowship Phil. 2:1; life Rom. 8:1-13; fear Isa. 11:2, inspiration, 2 Tim. 3:15-17; 2 Pet. 1:21, and other soul feelings and manifestations of the various sense. Therefore, the Holy Ghost has a personal soul like other persons.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That^^^ would literally make God subject to temptation and weakness.

Does He close His eyes when looking over the beaches?

Some folks read “pray without ceasing” to mean you can never sleep.

gordon 2

Great answer, but it doesn't bode well for those with shoe boxes.
How about those with shoe boxes are simply in part still stuck to the world-- and let us not exclude ourselves from the container.

Let's take Peter or Thomas for example, yet being called and being disciples of Jesus, it takes a lot of doing for these two to really get going, and so ending up to be apostles with the full confidence of the truth and with the power of God.

They both are just as us. Both hang their hats in a tentative way before Pentecost and a more certain or determined way after. Or they are born again with a determined heart set attitude after Pentecost. They were for the grace of God able to kick their sandal closets to the curbs.

It is just simply impossible to put God the Father and the Holy Spirit in a shoe box like Peter and Thomas do towards Jesus and yet they know him to be Holy even when He ate and drank with them, this " Holy man" being Mary's son who would teach them they must wash each other's feet. How awkward a teaching! Yet after Pentecost it would not be .

Can I suggest that Peter, Thomas, Paul et al had their God shoe boxes at one time. All of them. In the end God saved them from the world of knowing Him via our worldly shoe boxes. And so as is for us:

After all, for after all we say and do, like Paul saw on what we will be, we also all are as he, still see through a glass that is somewhat distorted.

We crave for His return and for us something like another Pentecost perhaps, for it is all we know our present Pentecost, this agent of change and not much of any other thing like it can we know something on what and how we will be.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
How about those with shoe boxes are simply in part still stuck to the world-- and let us not exclude ourselves from the container.

Let's take Peter or Thomas for example, yet being called and being disciples of Jesus, it takes a lot of doing for these two to really get going, and so ending up to be apostles with the full confidence of the truth and with the power of God.

They both are just as us. Both hang their hats in a tentative way before Pentecost and a more certain or determined way after. Or they are born again with a determined heart set attitude after Pentecost. They were for the grace of God able to kick their sandal closets to the curbs.

It is just simply impossible to put God the Father and the Holy Spirit in a shoe box like Peter and Thomas do towards Jesus and yet they know him to be Holy even when He ate and drank with them, this " Holy man" being Mary's son who would teach them they must wash each other's feet. How awkward a teaching! Yet after Pentecost it would not be .

Can I suggest that Peter, Thomas, Paul et al had their God shoe boxes at one time. All of them. In the end God saved them from the world of knowing Him via our worldly shoe boxes. And so as is for us:

After all, for after all we say and do, like Paul saw on what we will be, we also all are as he, still see through a glass that is somewhat distorted.

We crave for His return and for us something like another Pentecost perhaps, for it is all we know our present Pentecost, this agent of change and not much of any other thing like it can we know something on what and how we will be.
For some - a shoebox is all the man made slogans they grab to…….shoebox.

gordon 2

Now you've created in me a bit of jealousy. My experience was only about 7 minutes though it may have been 7 seconds. I honestly don't know. All I know is I was taken to the other side of the curtain so-to-speak, given a revelation that testified to the truth and veracity of all of scripture that resulted in my personal understanding of it and solidified my witness in stone. I can't imagine it lasting 7 days. But as always it was exactly what I needed and when I needed it, and in truthfulness I'm not jealous. What more could I ask for. "The Lord is my Shepard. I truly shall not want."

Since you are a quick study compared to me, Praise the Lord, what is time? What is 7 of anything?

Time is it a measurement man makes of conceptions he's made for himself?

Have you ever heard that the days get longer and shorter at the pace of a rooster's step? Now you really have to try measuring time and distances in this way.

The time required for a standard breed Plymouth Rock rooster to walk to church three miles away would be the PRRS speed by which distances would be calculated for the earth's proximity to the closest planet , or galaxy and the buffet joint down the road etc.

For example the moon might be 800,000,000 PRRs away or sunrise-to-sun-set might be 80,000 PRRS.

I had a Plymouth Valliant slant six once that I sold when it had over 1,800,000,000 PRRS on the odometer. I bought it in 1977* it was ten yrs old and sold it 14 yrs after still on the road and running! (I'm using new time now.)

What is the time and space when both time and space are fixed to the speed of light. Is the speed of light fixed? Can light slow down or speed up as the wind does when it goes around things?

I bet someone could not write a song on walking on sunshine as no one, no one, would think it poetic at all. I mean the time light gets to reach earth from the sun is 20,000 to the power 3 PRRS.

Imagine if ballistics was calculated in PRRS. My 30-06 would run to 15000 PRRS covered distance in the time it would take a rooster to move 2000 thousand of a PRRS. Or something like that.

I think all my numbers workout...

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Since you are a quick study compared to me, Praise the Lord, what is time? What is 7 of anything?

Time is it a measurement man makes of conceptions he's made for himself?

Have you ever heard that the days get longer and shorter at the pace of a rooster's step? Now you really have to try measuring time and distances in this way.

The time required for a standard breed Plymouth Rock rooster to walk to church three miles away would be the PRRS speed by which distances would be calculated for the earth's proximity to the closest planet , or galaxy and the buffet joint down the road etc.

For example the moon might be 800,000,000 PRRs away or sunrise-to-sun-set might be 80,000 PRRS.

I had a Plymouth Valliant slant six once that I sold when it had over 1,800,000,000 PRRS on the odometer. I bought it in 1977* it was ten yrs old and sold it 14 yrs after still on the road and running! (I'm using new time now.)

What is the time and space when both time and space are fixed to the speed of light. Is the speed of light fixed? Can light slow down or speed up as the wind does when it goes around things?

I bet someone could not write a song on walking on sunshine as no one, no one, would think it poetic at all. I mean the time light gets to reach earth from the sun is 20,000 to the power 3 PRRS.

Imagine if ballistics was calculated in PRRS. My 30-06 would run to 15000 PRRS covered distance in the time it would take a rooster to move 2000 thousand of a PRRS. Or something like that.

I think all my numbers workout...
:oops:

BanjoPicker

He is the third person of the Divine Trinity. This is clear from the fact that He is always associated with the Father and the Son as the third member of the Trinity Mat. 28:19,20; 2 Cor. 13:14; 1 Jn. 5:7,8. He is spoken of as proceeding from both the Father and the Son Jn. 14:16,17,26; 15:26; 16:7-15.The Father is spoken of as being “the head of Christ” 1 Cor. 11:3. The Father then is the first person, the Son is the second person, and the Holy Ghost is the third person of the Trinity. All three are eternal Beings Ps. 90:2; Micah 5: 1, 2; Heb. 9: 14.
The Holy Spirit is coeternal with the Father and the Son. All three of the members of the Godhead are eternal Beings separate and distinct from each other as to individuality but one in unity and essence Ps. 90:2; Micah 5:1,2; Heb. 9:14.
The Holy Spirit has always been associated with the Father and the Son in the eternal plan of creation and redemption of all things. The many thousands of personal acts of the Holy Spirit from Gen. 1:2 to Rev. 22:17 require us to believe that He is a real person, with a personal soul, and a personal spirit.

1 Tim. 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and according to godliness;
6:4 He is proud knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railing, evil surmising,
6:5 perverse disputing of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of truth, supposing that gain is godliness from such withdrawn thyself.

gordon 2

He is the third person of the Divine Trinity. This is clear from the fact that He is always associated with the Father and the Son as the third member of the Trinity Mat. 28:19,20; 2 Cor. 13:14; 1 Jn. 5:7,8. He is spoken of as proceeding from both the Father and the Son Jn. 14:16,17,26; 15:26; 16:7-15.The Father is spoken of as being “the head of Christ” 1 Cor. 11:3. The Father then is the first person, the Son is the second person, and the Holy Ghost is the third person of the Trinity. All three are eternal Beings Ps. 90:2; Micah 5: 1, 2; Heb. 9: 14.
The Holy Spirit is coeternal with the Father and the Son. All three of the members of the Godhead are eternal Beings separate and distinct from each other as to individuality but one in unity and essence Ps. 90:2; Micah 5:1,2; Heb. 9:14.
The Holy Spirit has always been associated with the Father and the Son in the eternal plan of creation and redemption of all things. The many thousands of personal acts of the Holy Spirit from Gen. 1:2 to Rev. 22:17 require us to believe that He is a real person, with a personal soul, and a personal spirit.

1 Tim. 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and according to godliness;
6:4 He is proud knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railing, evil surmising,
6:5 perverse disputing of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of truth, supposing that gain is godliness from such withdrawn thyself.

Why would those having so withdrawn themselves and so believing in Paul's law to be withdrawn, find they have commission to be apostles and prophets to the Christians that they are withdrawn from? Why do they fetch them with new bibles and new books, new scripture---renaming what is old to make it new .

So to bypass Paul's law of withdrawal, of isolation, to balance out with The Great Commission? What is there to do?

How can you isolate yourself and not isolate yourself at the same time? How can you follow Paul and not Paul at the same time? Is the internet a veil of convenience to clip on adds of what scripture was supposed to says? "The time is come to gather up last captives" those faithful yet still exiled and yet we are commanded to isolate from them?

I don't get it. When Paul went to minister to the gentiles in Greece he did not dispute with hostility towards them, he discussed and was humble. He did point out his God was the God the Greeks did not know. Out of all their many gods he shared in just one with them that did not add to their having one more and many more gods to their lists.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

History of the Work of the Holy Spirit

The Bible reveals numerous works of the Holy Spirit among men, and an understanding of these acts in behalf of God and man will enable one to see what he should expect in his own personal life. All that He has done for men in the past He is able and will do for them now, and there is no excuse for limiting His work among men today. following facts in Bible history:

Moved upon the chaotic Earth and restored it to a habitable state in six days and created new life as we see today Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:30; Job 33:4.

Gave Joseph power to interpret dreams Gen. 41:14-44.

Filled the workers of the tabernacle with wisdom and knowledge to make material things that the ordinary man could not do Ex. 28:3; 31:3; 35:31.

Enabled Moses and the elders of Israel to give just judgment and He endued them with physical strength that no natural man could have had Num. 11:10-25.
Gave men power to prophecy Num. 11:25-30; 24:2; 1 Sam. 10:6-11; 19:20-23; 2 Sam. 23:2; 2 Chron. 15:1-7; 20:14-19; 24:20-23.

Gave men power to impart spiritual gifts to others Num. 34:9; Rom. 1:11; 1 Tim. 4:14; 2 Tim. 1:6; Heb. 6:1, 2.

BanjoPicker

Gave men victory in war Judges 3:10; 6:34; 11:29; 1 Sam. 11:6.

Gave Samson supernatural physical strength Judges 13:25; 14:6, 19; 15:14; and made Saul into another man 1 Sam. 10:6-11.

Inspired men to write songs 2 Sam. 23:2.

Departed from the lives of men 1 Sam. 16:13-23; Ps. 51:11.

Gave men different degrees or measures of power Num. 11:10-23; 2 Kings 2:9; Jn. 3:34.

Rested upon men Isa. 11:2; 42:1; 61:1; Lk. 4:16-21.

Anointed men freely like rain Isa. 32:15; 44:3; Ezek. 39:29; Joel 2:28, 29.

was equal with the Father in sending the prophets Isa. 48:16.

Has many times lifted up a standard against the devil Isa. 59:19.

He has become the enemy of men when they rebelled and vested Him Isa. 63:10.

BanjoPicker

Has entered into people Ezek. 2:2; 3:24; Dan. 4:9.

Has lifted men and carried them through the air Ezek. 3:12-14; 8:3; 11:1, 24; 37:1; 43:5; Acts 8:39.

Has filled men with power Micah 3:8; Zech. 4:6; Acts 1:8; Rom. 15:19, 29.

Has been seen in bodily shape like a dove Lk. 3:21-23; Jn. 1:32, 33.

Has led men to be tested Matt. 4:1; Lk. 4:1.

Has spoken through men in their own tongue as well as various languages Matt. 10:20; Acts 2:4; 10:44-49; 19:1-6; 1 Cor. 12:1-14:40.

Latest posts