The Antechaotic Age Gen. 1:1-2

gordon 2

it means "made desolate." the earth was formless and "made desolate" and God brought forth order. genesis 1:1 doesn't describe the ultimate beginning, but a recreation of something that was already. it's describing a chaotic beginning on which God 'restored' order. it's also why Adam and Eve were commanded to "replenish." The earth had been there.
The importance of what you're stating here^^^^ just dawned on me like when your children call you up unexpectedly that you are now a new Grand Pa. And so when for the news you're spaced out for a few days. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I could of learned about what you're saying here any easier than on this forum. Again, thanks. I owe you one. :cheers:

BanjoPicker

Bara is used only seven times in Gen. 1:1-2:4, the passage that records all the creative ages. It is correctly translated created in each case. In all other verses of this passage the word made is used. It is from the Hebrew asah, meaning to make something out of already existing material.
In Gen. 1:1 the heavens and the Earth are created or brought into existence; in Gen. 1:21 the sea creatures are created or brought into existence, and in Gen. 1:28man is created or brought into being. Thus bara is reserved for the introduction of each of the three great spheres of existence; the world of matter, the world of natural life as in all living creatures, and the world of spiritual life represented by man. The heavens and the Earth were brought into existence "In the beginning," while the living creatures and man were brought into existence on the fifth and sixth days of the restoration of the Earth to a habitable state. All other accomplishments in the six days were not of a creative nature but were things made out of already existing material which had been created, in the various periods or ages "In the beginning."

BanjoPicker

The Hebrew word for heaven is shamayim, meaning lofty, sky, the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve. It is found 657 times and in most places it should have been translated heavens. God created the heavens, which includes the sun, moon, stars, and all habitants of Heaven and all things therein. Then He created the Earth and its inhabitants and all things therein. That the heavens are in habited is clear from Rev. 12:12; 13:6; Col. 1:15-18; Dan. 4:35. There are at least three heavens, and all were created and inhabited "In the beginning." The third Heaven is God's dwelling place, and it is a real created planet loke this Earth as proved in Gen. 1:1; 2 Cor. 12:1-3; Heb. 11:10-16; Col. 1:15-18; Deut. 10:14; Ps. 115:16.

gordon 2

I have serious and respectful questions for you Banjo. In what specific way(s) is the doctrinal system of bible study you share or preach, a blessing to the people of today?

I'm hoping that you will not say that people deserve to know the truth, but if you do, what are people supposed to do with such truth that you might explain plainly?

What might be an overview of all the doctrines you list as to the blessings they might bring to God's elect and/or those who are God lost?

BanjoPicker

I have serious and respectful questions for you Banjo. In what specific way(s) is the doctrinal system of bible study you share or preach, a blessing to the people of today?

I'm hoping that you will not say that people deserve to know the truth, but if you do, what are people supposed to do with such truth that you might explain plainly?

What might be an overview of all the doctrines you list as to the blessings they might bring to God's elect and/or those who are God lost?
Not being disrespectful but don’t accuse me of teaching different doctrines as you put it there is just one doctrine God’s Word, what the people do with it is between them and God if they want to decide to believe or not, so I ask you do you not believe people deserve to be enlightened more about God’s Word and the meaning of it.

gordon 2

I did not mean that you were teaching different doctrines. However, I mean the style you have with headings being the Doctrine of this and the Doctrine of that. I was referring to the style of bible study whereby different subjects are identified under the rubric the Doctrine of This and the Doctrine of that.

So do I have it right that the whole point of your exercise is simply that people" deserve to be enlightened"? And this is your purpose that people deserve to be enlightened more about God’s Word and the meaning of it and what people do with your exegesis, ( They are yours right?) is up to them." Do I have this correctly? The whole point of the exercise is to have the exercise, what people do with the display is not the focus for the exercise? You might be in fact indifferent as to what they do.

The exegesis you provide in your posts are authentic to you right?

You are not giving us the report of someone else's views on scripture right? You are not a disciple of someone else's understanding of God right? This would make your immediate relationship with God to be intermediate by another man's prayers? Or and respectfully always, is there more to your story? Please explain honestly?

Personally the farthest I will let myself go with bible study and headings of identification is that the Old Testament is doctrinally glued together with one consistent Yahve-ist Doctrine whereby God reveals who He is to a stiff necked rag tag and how He proceeds with man in general. There is little exegesis to do with God's own explanations as to his nature and his will especially if one is bonded to scripture. It would be improper in my simpleton's view to expand so as to add to God's own plain words and meanings, if in fact this is the case.

It would also contradict itself that one would simultaneously hold that the bible explains itself, needing no other agency legitimate and yet needs exceptional bible students with break away study skills to make it the most clear.

While it is that the Old and the New Testaments were written by men ( and perhaps woman), acquainted with the immediate presence of God why would someone's (,though abnormally gifted with imagination the person might be,) exegesis of the words of the prophets exceed or add to a better meaning and a better enlighten spirituality? Is this not what false witnesses do? They rely on their own or some else's understanding even to the point of adding to the words of scripture extra to those who put it down and in most cases those having had the immediate witness of God. How can that work? I personally think it does not work because this is a way man builds himself towers to heaven and leaves everyone more confused for his own, I think I know better to explain God than God can. But this is just my opinion.

Hoping for your reply... in fellowship.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

It is interesting to note that astronomers have discovered planets about 150,000,000 light years from the Earth. This is about 14,690,062,800,000,000,000 miles from the Earth, or the distance light can travel in 150,000,000 years at the rate of 186,000 miles a second. Astronomers say that there may be other universes beyond this one. They also say that each star is a sun to other planets, but they are so far distant from our planetary system that they appear as small lights. Also about 6,000,000,000 stars have been discovered and they are all suns to other planets. If this is true, then the universe is vast beyond conception. All this is not doubt true, for it is hard to conceive God existing from all eternity as a lazy Being, not doing one thing until a few millenniums age when He finally decided to do something, and He then made the heavens and the Earth. It is easy to conceive that God has been making things in all the eternal past. God has always been busy doing things. The Bible says that the heavens cannot be measured, and the host of Heaven cannot be counted Jer. 31:37, 33:22-25.
The word earth is erets, meaning dry ground: "And God called the dry land Earth" Gen. 1:9, 10, so we can read Gen. 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and dry land." In Gen. 1:2 the dry land is then wet land, proving it was flooded after its original creation Ps. 104:6-9; 2 Pet. 3:5, 6. Erets is translated Earth 708 times, land 1,523 times, ground 102 times, country 102 times and countries 53 times. Thus the heavens and the Earth were completed and inhabited and then the Earth was flooded as in Gen. 1:2 before the beginning of the six days of Gen. 1:3-2:25.

BanjoPicker

THE CREATION OF THE SPIRIT-WORLD

It is clear in Job 38:4-7 that the Spirit-world of angels, seraphims, cherubms, and other spirit beings were created before the Earth, for the "sons of God" were present and shouting when God laid the foundation of the Earth. It is also clear from the passage that the heavens, including the sun, moon, and stars were created before the Earth, for "the morning stars" sand together when God laid the foundations of the Earth.

It is not stated whether or not the spirit beings were created before the heavens but if we take God's work in creating the Earth as a pattern for His work in the heavens, then it is clear that the heavens were first created and then the inhabitants of Heaven. This would be the logical order of creation--make the place before the creating the inhabitants to live on the place. Since the inhabitants were a part of the creations and not part of the Creators Col. 1:15-18, they naturally would have to be created after the places were created on which they were to live. This is the way it happen on Earth in the six days of the restoration of the Earth. from chaos to a second habitable state Gen. 1:3-2:25.