3 Atlanta Coyotes Attack 20-LB. Cat, 3,000 Yote Sightings Per Year, June 2012

BornToHuntAndFish

:eek: :hair:

What a whopper of a cat almost the size of some yotes.:bounce:

More pet predator incidents continue to increase NW Atlanta Buckhead communities. Heard about his on the local metro Atlanta TV news this evening. I'll see if the video html embed code with work, but otherwise you can see the 2-min. video report & more details at the web link below:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18810197/coyotes-attacking-pets-in-buckhead-neighborhood

Coyotes attacking pets in Buckhead neighborhood

Jun 17, 2012

"she witnessed the three coyotes attacking and killing her cat Saturday morning in the Loring Heights neighborhood."

"Even in the city of Atlanta, there are at least 3,000 coyote sightings a year."

"Officials say coyotes can be hunted year round in Georgia and so far 200 people have been certified to exterminate the animals. "

18810197_SS.jpg

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://WAGA.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=271354;hostDomain=www.myfoxatlanta.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=7408237;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script>

Found a different shorter 1-minute Youtube raw video security camera footage I'll embed below:

Loring Heights, Atlanta GA Coyotes?

June 16, 2012

"We've been having reports of coyotes attacking cats in the neighborhood and after reviewing my security cam I found this on a night a cat was reported killed by three coyotes. Sorry for the bad quality, but it is more a daytime camera."

:eek: :hair:

Last edited:

Nastytater

Banned
I saw this on the news also...BUT,when I watched it,I didn't think it looked much like Coyotes...And also,when they reported it,they said that the coyotes just killed the cat and left it. I don't see very many coyotes just killing a cat and leaving it behind.

Klondike

The coyotes kill the cats around our neighborhood and eat the heads almost exclusively and leave the rest.

Droptine1969

I saw this on the news also...BUT,when I watched it,I didn't think it looked much like Coyotes...And also,when they reported it,they said that the coyotes just killed the cat and left it. I don't see very many coyotes just killing a cat and leaving it behind.

I thought the same thing, They don't move or look like coyotes from this camera angle.

Coastie

The coyotes kill the cats around our neighborhood and eat the heads almost exclusively and leave the rest.

I'm not saying it isn't the case, but that sounds wrong. Coyotes usually eat everything that they kill, even coming back to the carcass to finish off the meal if they aren't able to eat it right away. An animal the size of a cat would likely be carried to a safe place/den to eat especially this time of the year when the pups are still at the den.

Pat Tria

Coyotes have been around the suburbs for a long time, people just haven't seen them. I caught my first yote on camera in my back yard in Roswell about 7 years ago. Certainly you've seen the missing pet sign posted on telephone poles. Their population is exploding because they're at the top of the food chain. By the way, they do kill for fun. I've seen a deer that bled to death as a result of a chunk of meat torn off of a hind quarter from coyotes.

sleepr71

I wish they'd catch the one's that keep climbing on top of my vehicles:cheers:. BTW..Where's the CAT at in this video?:huh:? I wanted to see a good fight..a 20lb tom cat should've made a heck of a ruckus before giving in:huh:? Sleepr71

bubdog

I worked on the expansion of Piedmont Park (never went there out of choice) and I saw several coyotes out there. I have killed three coyotes and I definitely know what they look like.

leoparddog

I wish they'd catch the one's that keep climbing on top of my vehicles:cheers:. BTW..Where's the CAT at in this video?:huh:? I wanted to see a good fight..a 20lb tom cat should've made a heck of a ruckus before giving in:huh:? Sleepr71

I'm bad, but I was hoping to see a good Coyote/Cat fight.

They killed that cat for fun because it was fat.

Huntress

Long as man keeps cutting down trees and building strip malls and houses they are gonna continue to have wildlife in their backyards. They aren't invading us we are invading on them.

Ihunt

So they are eating cats and I am supposed to be upset because.........

MERCing

I know Yotes are becoming a problem in the suburbs but I think those are some of the neighborhood dogs running loose.
I've seen and dispatched quite a few yotes. It's uncharacteristic for them to kill something and leave it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I've seen a Yote out by my mailbox.................my two cats stay outside...........so far they have been hanging in there:bounce:

I am surprised there are not more yotes in this neighborhood, cause I got quite a few cats that come by and start fights..............seems everyone of my neighbors have cats:huh:

I think that last K-9 looked more like a German Shepherd...........the first two, Probably were Yotes

Droptine1969

Long as man keeps cutting down trees and building strip malls and houses they are gonna continue to have wildlife in their backyards. They aren't invading us we are invading on them.

Not True, Coyotes are not native to Georgia, The were brought here for use in fox pens and some escaped. I do believe they would have eventually made it here just by the nature of how they expand their home ranges, Man just expedited it.

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I worked on the expansion of Piedmont Park (never went there out of choice) and I saw several coyotes out there. I have killed three coyotes and I definitely know what they look like.

Them are just dogs... all three of them. You ain't done killed somebody's family pet and got it mounted have ya?:bounce:

Not True, Coyotes are not native to Georgia, The were brought here for use in fox pens and some escaped. I do believe they would have eventually made it here just by the nature of how they expand their home ranges, Man just expedited it.

That is all debatable as far as whether they are native or simply the modern version of the native red wolf. Do you really think that a handful of escapees are responsible for all the yotes we got now? They'd be kinda inbred wouldn't they? Their progress into the southeast from points both north and west is documented all over the internet, many with detailed maps.

In a pretty clear pattern, it is obvious that they followed the explosion of the once decimated deer herds as they rebounded across the country. What I can't figure out is how and why armadillos are here? I guess fox hunters brought them here too?