Gators in Wehadkee creek

Coenen

He`s not a threat at all...bring your dog with you next time and let him swim around while you fish. just kidding. If you don`t live where they are thick you won`t understand my distaste for them.RC
They taste just fine to me. ::ke:

Shine Runner

lots of critters up there that will help him grow......now I know why that donkey was raising cane up there Saturday.

Ejmcdaniel

Saw him Wednesday 4-8-2014 on Wehadkee Creek. I thought he was a fake until he jumped in. I Couldn't believe it. I was happy to find out I was not the only one who has seen him!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 5,774

Paul Parsons

I'm no gator expert, but that doesn't look like the same one. Kind of looks like a female to me. Also looks like it just covered something up with dirt.

jbp84

Lake tobo had one years back, I think someone slipped him in. He turned up dead I think he got hit by a boat I was told he had a deep gash in him

RE185

Cool pic! Lake Eufaula is full of gators and big bass.now we just need the big bass in west point.

lswoody

Was gonna take my one man canoe and fish the upper end around McCosh's Mill today. Glad I didn't now!!!!!

nrh0011

someone is trying to catch him, I took this picture today from my kayak just around the bend from McCosh Mill.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,438
yeah man please notify dnr immediately. geez

mr2trout

There was a Florida cougar killed in that general area in November 2008. DNR or Fish and Wildlife concluded the cat had been in captivity sometime before it was killed. They based that on the lack of parasites and the pads scuffs (concrete). The deer hunter plead guilty to killing an endangered species.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
There was a Florida cougar killed in that general area in November 2008. DNR or Fish and Wildlife concluded the cat had been in captivity sometime before it was killed. They based that on the lack of parasites and the pads scuffs (concrete). The deer hunter plead guilty to killing an endangered species.

:offtopic: but that was a bunch of crap to put the hunter through!!!

mr2trout

:offtopic: but that was a bunch of crap to put the hunter through!!!

The cat too!:rofl: Good thing he didn't see a buffalo or groomed poodle. I'm sorry but it's not okay to shoot anything that moves in front of your deer stand.

Sorry if you thought I was off topic. I meant to note other species in the area out of their normal habitat.

fish hawk

Bass Master

:confused:
The DNR determined the cat had Florida panther dna,thats how they were able to charge him.If it would have had western cat dna he wouldn't have been charged.
:offtopic:
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2009/08/05/798764/dna-links-cougar-killed-in-georgias.html

fish hawk

Bass Master
Was gonna take my one man canoe and fish the upper end around McCosh's Mill today. Glad I didn't now!!!!!

Gators in the wild are not a big concern......But when folks start feeding them,like in the picture,thats when they turn into a problem.DNR would love to see that picture, looks like a fresh deer ham hanging in the tree. Multiple charges at hand in this situation.

Coenen

I doubt they're feeding him, looks more like they're aiming to have a "Swamp People" reenactment. It's some sort of bird they're using for bait, btw.