If you want to feel great as a turkey hunter, go to Texas!

Michael Lee

I've hunted Texas three times now in Turkey season, and man these dudes make you feel like a world champ! They gobble = they are coming! We tagged two on a two day hunt (DIY style). Day one we were close on several gobblers, by day two we knew where to go and laid em down. Here are a few pics from the fun.

Attachments

• Michael Lee and Kevin Knighton in Texas.jpg
    Michael Lee and Kevin Knighton in Texas.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Michael Lee in Texas.jpg
    Michael Lee in Texas.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Michael Lee in Texas 2.jpg
    Michael Lee in Texas 2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,402
  • Texas 3.jpg
    Texas 3.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Kevin Knighton in Texas.jpg
    Kevin Knighton in Texas.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,385

Gut_Pile

Congrats. Sounds like TX is where I should go to get my Rio then. You hunting public land out there or private?

Public land is almost non existant in Texas. Going with an outfitter that will drop you and off and let you guide yourself is the best option.

H

Hammer Spank

There are a ton of coyotes in texas so there can't be any turkeys. Sorry.

tkyklr1

Great pics and congrats on two fine looking Rios.

GTHunter007

Us GA boys leave these hard headed easterns down here and the rest of the birds are cake! Especially Rios and Merriams. Nothing is much more fun than texas turkeys. Very eager creatures to come check out sweet sounding hens. And they make our easterns sound like pterodactyls if you judge them on gobble sounds.

Congrats on the success. And great pictures! I wish someone in my camp could take pictures like that when I want in them. I always give them great pics and I get zip. LOL

Michael Lee

Us GA boys leave these hard headed easterns down here and the rest of the birds are cake! Especially Rios and Merriams. Nothing is much more fun than texas turkeys. Very eager creatures to come check out sweet sounding hens. And they make our easterns sound like pterodactyls if you judge them on gobble sounds.

Congrats on the success. And great pictures! I wish someone in my camp could take pictures like that when I want in them. I always give them great pics and I get zip. LOL

You speak the truth brother! Those birds love the lady talk and come right on in. Great fun! Headed to Kansas soon to try them out for size.

Stickman1

Yea that is one of the reasons you see so many hunting shows filmed there!

Nice way to check out your pattern at close range huh lol