Best polarized sunglasses???

TomC

Love the Costa 580G copper / green mirror but they are a little dark for early and late fishing.

Papa Bear

I have to give a thumbs up to a pair of Costa Waverunners I have had for over 10 yrs. Hope I don't jinz myself because up until these I have either lost or sat on a many of pair of glasses never owning a pair over 3 months!

cowhornedspike

I have Costas and MJ's but have found the WalMart glasses to be just as good for me and waaaay cheaper. They used to be labeled as Berkley magnifiers but now are called Renegade magnifiers but are the same glasses as before. I wear them everyday for work, driving, fishing etc.

JakkBauer

Costas > everything else. If you are cheap you can find a reason to not get t he costas or tell yourself another brand is better but at the end of the day costas get you your glasses back fairly quick if anything ever happens and they will repair anything for minimal cost. I have 3 pairs that stay in rotation for when one needs to go back to costa. The quality of the glasses and the warranty are unmatched.

Costas forever and always for me. Superior frame designs, lenses are as good if not better than everybody else's. The big kicker for me is Costa's support of the sport fishing industry, conservation, and a real commitment to sharing the sport with future generations. The people at costa are fisherman, and I appreciate that.

bvi

Costa all the way! Green mirror for saltwater or silver mirror for freshwater.
580G of course.

Gordon

Used to love Costas, ended up loosing 2 pairs over 2 years, ouch. I now use Calcuttas at around $25. They seem (to me), to do everything Costas used to do for me. They are also hard wearing, no scratches for 2 years now. Unlike StrikeKing S11's which I really wanted to like. Their lenses are made with 11 special coatings. One layer includes a protective layer which is made of chocolate, I beleive. Terrible sunglasses.

KKrueger

When i wear Costas I see the reflection of my eyes looking back at my eyes. I find the Maui Jims are clearer for me. Oakleys treat me good too.

I get headaches wearing polarized while I drive so I only wear polarized outside of the vehicle now.

JHannah92

I've been wearing Calcuttas for years now. $20 or so on Amazon. Great shades at a fraction of the price of Costas. I'm sure the Costas are nicer, but not enough to justify the cost difference for me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever the brand, I usually use two pairs. The darker or green lenses for lake fishing are good, but they're way too dark and about worthless when you''re back in the woods fly fishing on a trout stream. The amber lenses are the ticket for trout fishing.

StriperrHunterr

Some of the best ones I've found are the Foster Grant frameless ones at Walgreens believe it or not. I love my Oakley's but they[re very expensive and the Cablz aren't always the easiest to use to keep from losing them. But for $19 for the FGs you get a great plastic lens glass that works well, is very lightweight, doesn't alter the way your hat sits, and breathes very well during warm and muggy mornings when other glasses tend to fog.

Teh Wicked

I caught my Costa Del Mar Hammerheads, with the 400G lens for $50....THey are AWESOME!!! Sadly I cracked one of the lenses and the only affordable replacements are crap.

paulito

I prefer my costas overall. Especially for long duration wear.

However, i did get a pair of Native Versa. These have inter-changeable lenses. Got them for $50 i believe at sierra trading. Them came with polarize grey and a non polarize amber. replacement lenses you can get for $30. Use them for work as i tend to scratch my glasses easily with all the junk i get into. These have held up pretty good. an fit well for me as i have a huge head. HA

hipster dufus

i have to have rx glasses w 2 different cheaters. bought some ray ban when i had insurance. still were expensive. swapped in new lenses last yr. i have also gon to walmart optician and had polarized lenses made into an rx on some safety glasses. i prefer a wraparound type lense.flying baits almost require that u should wear glasses.