To hot for Trout fishing?

TheTroutWhisperer

Have only been trout fishing once in around 6 weeks which is unheard of for me but the heat plus a lot of high water has kept me near home and just strolling down to the pond late in the evening when its not to hot. The pics attached at least let me get my fly rod fix until cool weather get back. A 6wt and a bass popper have been getting it done lately.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 52

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Gain altitude. I bet that grassie put up a heckuva fight, did he hit the popper?

Coenen

Fish the Hooch near the dam. Water temp never gets too hot.
Exactly what I was going to say. They were eating good over the weekend too. Got a good mix of browns and government 'bows.

That is a long drive, though! Ouch!

No, just be careful how long you fight the fish. Properly handle and revive them. As Hillbilly said, climb. Or fish the cooler temps. You actually might want to head north from your location honestly.

The mtn man

Any tail race should have cool water.

TheTroutWhisperer

Think I'm going to hit the Hiwassee tail water in the morning. Been a while since I've been up there. There's a nice bikini hatch that starts around noon :geek:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was going today, but the creeks are blown out from all the rain.

TheTroutWhisperer

Heck I may not be trout fishing until I go out west in late September.. freaking hot around here and the mountains continue to get plenty of rain.. guess I will just keeping hanging out down at the pond.

The mtn man

Heck I may not be trout fishing until I go out west in late September.. freaking hot around here and the mountains continue to get plenty of rain.. guess I will just keeping hanging out down at the pond.
I fished head waters of nantahala a couple weeks ago during all the rain, water level was up and halfway down, it fished pretty good although hard to wade, the tribs were all blown out unfishable. I'm not talking about the nantahala tourist fishing area, the true headwaters is where I was.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I fished head waters of nantahala a couple weeks ago during all the rain, water level was up and halfway down, it fished pretty good although hard to wade, the tribs were all blown out unfishable. I'm not talking about the nantahala tourist fishing area, the true headwaters is where I was.

were you up near Hurricane Creek?