Y’all ever look at FedEx tracking details??

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
My only complaint about fed ex is that they put the dang packages outside my garage door. Then my wife opens the garage door and backs out over the items.

I have had to file 2 claims already and they almost messed up my wife's Tahoe because she backed over 2 brand new ATV tires/rims. I was besides myself mad at them.
Last year they put my brand new laptop outside of my neighbors garage door, three doors down the road. Morons.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Update

My package arrived!!!!

Thanks for all who supported me through this journey ??

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Update

My package arrived!!!!

Thanks for all who supported me through this journey ??

I'm glad that you finally received it.

I think that your package probably looked sunburned and had an Hawaiian Lei draped around it because I think that it must have arrived via the Hawaiian route instead???? :pop:

Major Wader

My only complaint about fed ex is that they put the dang packages outside my garage door. Then my wife opens the garage door and backs out over the items.

I have had to file 2 claims already and they almost messed up my wife's Tahoe because she backed over 2 brand new ATV tires/rims. I was besides myself mad at them.

Why wouldn't she look before she backs out?

PappyHoel

Dr. Strangelove

UPS hoses me more often than FedEx, though the local PO is a close second. Their favorite trick is to show an item delivered and then not actually deliver it until the next day. I reported this to Amazon and it seems to have stopped it for now.

Other than that, I've found that either I get my packages on time and in good shape the vast majority of the time, but when it goes off the rails it does so in a spectacular fashion.

Jim Boyd

I just ordered 4 cams from Natchez for my Labor Day Illinois trip and I see they are shipping FedEx.

They are scheduled for next Friday delivery, so that is 8 days.

I am spoiled by Amazon Prime with so many 2 day deliveries.

spencer12

Not a fan of FedEx, UPS does a great job of shipping and giving realtime updates on their packages. With UPS normally its a 2-3 day wait for anything in the eastern half of the US. I can get shipments from california in about 5 days (sometimes 4) with free standard shipping from most sites.

With FedEx I've had the same issues as you. I once had a package ship from Florida using FedEx. It took 3 days to get to GA. Once it arrived they actually sent it to my city to be processed. It then got shipped back to where it came from and then got reshipped again. Took 7 days to get a package 200 miles.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Not a fan of FedEx, UPS does a great job of shipping and giving realtime updates on their packages. With UPS normally its a 2-3 day wait for anything in the eastern half of the US. I can get shipments from california in about 5 days (sometimes 4) with free standard shipping from most sites.

With FedEx I've had the same issues as you. I once had a package ship from Florida using FedEx. It took 3 days to get to GA. Once it arrived they actually sent it to my city to be processed. It then got shipped back to where it came from and then got reshipped again. Took 7 days to get a package 200 miles.

We order a lot from Amazon and EBay. The items shipped UPS and USPS are always timely. FedEx is basically never

This time was a little extreme

Jim Boyd

My cameras delivered on Friday.

I have no idea how they delivered that FAST!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We get ~20 packages a day in either by UPS or FedEx. Our default request for small packages is FedEx. They deliver from Charlotte overnight, from Knoxville overnite, from Jax overnite and B'ham overnite. All those points are 2 days with UPS. I get Indy shipments 2 days from both, so the logistics doesn't favor UPS there either. I get Reno shipments in 3 days from Fedex, usually 3 days with UPS, but about 20% of the time UPS will take 4 days.

We are shipping door to door Fedex, and not intermingling with USPS. I would suspect that is the majority of the issues that people are having with their deliveries from FedEx is the mingling with USPS. Any company that thinks it can save money by taking a letter from Toccoa Ga to Atlanta, sort it, and then haul it back to Toccoa and place it in a PO box that was within 50ft of spot it was orginally dropped, its nuts anyway.

PappyHoel

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am watching another shipment inbound to me from Walmart.com.

It is taking a few days but is actually coming in a straight line so far!!

Dragoon Az
Monaghan’s Tx
Terrell Tx
Monroe La
Irondale Alabama

It’s two boxes so we shall see if both make it.

virgil

Today it shows the package is in route to my local post office. Now it’s their chance to delay the delivery.
It is called the last mile. The USPS has an agreement with Fed Ex and UPS to do deliver some of their packages after Fed Ex and UPS has shipped them across the country. They are backed up to the USPS docks at most Post Offices every morning and every evening.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am watching another shipment inbound to me from Walmart.com.

It is taking a few days but is actually coming in a straight line so far!!

Dragoon Az
Monaghan’s Tx
Terrell Tx
Monroe La
Irondale Alabama

It’s two boxes so we shall see if both make it.

They missed their first guaranteed delivery date which was today.

The package I am tracking went from Irondale Alabama
Austell Ga
Kennesaw Ga.
Austell and Kennesaw are about 20 miles apart????

Like I said that is only one of the two packages. I afraid to see where it is.

rwh

Ellenwood is a fedex black hole. Your package can sit there for days some times. I hate fedex.

bassboy1

. They also do not deliver their own freight unless it is huge. They always hand it off to the local post office to deliver your package.
Not true.

It's a service they offer, but it's at the shipper's request. If you're annoyed with that, fuss at the shipper for trying to save 42 cents.

I work for a freight company and you can track everything on our website. it gives you step by step from pick up to delivery.

What freight company? Your industry has to be one of the most corrupt out there, and in my experience, no better about getting stuff on time, although at least tracking will show you where it sat for 3 days. I'm actually batting about 50% for on time freight deliveries.