Rut is firing up in Lee County.

godogs57

Seen his twin several times in the last week, also in Lee, doing what boy deer do this time of year. Passed on a brute last Saturday...figured I’d let my boy get him. Crosshairs on him, safety off.

Pic below is why we pass those up down here.

Getting ready to be “Saturday night at the disco” here Nick. Best of luck.2017 Buck resized.jpg

Last edited:

Blackston

I'd say he's fair !!!! Nice buck

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Nice pics Nic! Them deer are healthy too! Specially that last deer ... If he makes it another year or two he's going to be king of the woods! Best of luck to you!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Thank you. You should see what runs around these woods and swamp. These are small bucks....
Don't know much about Lee co. Lots of farming down there? Soy beans, peanuts, corn? I have friends that hunt in Macon and their deer are big and plentiful like that... Plenty of farming all around them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Don't know much about Lee co. Lots of farming down there? Soy beans, peanuts, corn? I have friends that hunt in Macon and their deer are big and plentiful like that... Plenty of farming all around them.

A lot of farming. Peanuts, corn, cotton. Big plantations and farms, lots of land with few hunters and most of them are selective on what they shoot. Most big deer killed here never make the news.

godogs57

I just retired from USDA here in Lee. We have 105,000 acres of crop land in Lee with 60,000+ acres irrigated. Like Nick said it’s peanuts, corn, cotton country. We also have over 10,000 acres of pecans, which the deer love as well. Deer everywhere, including inside the city limits of Leesburg. Really, the only thing we don’t have any of is black panthers, regardless of what you hear. Beautiful county and the best folks on the face of the earth. We are blessed.

FOLES55

Like the lip curls!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I didn`t have the heart to kill him after he laid down.

Bless his heart....

mrskinner82

Awesome pics. I’ve been out of town all weekend but I’ll be back home in Leesburg tomorrow I can’t wait to get in the woods. Lots of good sign and deer movement last week.