Forth Stewart March hog hunt.

john s

Any one plan on hunting Ft. Stewart the first week of March. My buddy's and I are coming down from up north for are annual Hog hunt. Has any one been hunting Ft Stewart.? How are the roads? And how the hunting?

HDDyna06

Any one plan on hunting Ft. Stewart the first week of March. My buddy's and I are coming down from up north for are annual Hog hunt. Has any one been hunting Ft Stewart.? How are the roads? And how the hunting?
Going to be tough getting into Ft Stewart during the month of March. High level of training going to be ongoing through the entire Installation.

175FO

The roads were not bad last weekend. It all depends on how much rain we get over the next few weeks. A lot of rain = bad roads.

There are certainly plenty of pigs around, but the above is correct about a lot of training going on. There will probably be only a limited number of zones open. The goods news is there usually is not very many people hunting from now until Turkey opens up.

earlthegoat2

The roads are spotty in the Alphas. I have a 4x4 F250 and I get little gun shy at the sight of some of those ponds...er...puddles. I think the eastern Alphas will be open most of March until Turkey season.

BowArrow

I plan on going for a few days and camp at the camp ground. Most of the F areas that I am familiar with have been closed. Roads can be good or bad depending on rain. Let me know when you will come down. Got a cord of dry oak if anybody needs some.

john s

I plan on going for a few days and camp at the camp ground. Most of the F areas that I am familiar with have been closed. Roads can be good or bad depending on rain. Let me know when you will come down. Got a cord of dry oak if anybody needs some.
We will be staying at the campground. And will be there the first week of March

hunterofopportunity

I was in the f areas 10 days ago along with several armored track vehicles and the secondary roads are in really bad shape. Not recommended unless you have a 4x4 and maybe a winch, roads had a high center where we were but four wheel drive got us through.