Catfish bait

weagle

Fresh cut bait. Bream works best for me:

kZQABvv.jpg

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Honestly. minnows.

Hot dogs, big reds, nightcrawlers, wiggler, cricket, dove soap, marshmellow, liver, gizzard, charlie, stink bait, cheese bait, cut bream, cut shad, live shad, live wounded bluegill, shrimp, crawdaddies. You name it, I've done it, most of it works.

But we catch the absolute most of the one to ten pound range with live minnows on bobbers fishing for crappie. That's my $.02

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
After many years of trying everything you can think of, I think that nothing beats fresh cut shiners, bream, or creek chubs.

Nebfish

Raw bacon- sounds crazy but just try it and form your own opinion. I used to set lines in the Suwannee river and bacon far out produced fresh cut bait and anything else we used...

ucfireman

Dove soap?
Charlie? That might illegal

Honestly. minnows.

Hot dogs, big reds, nightcrawlers, wiggler, cricket, dove soap, marshmellow, liver, gizzard, charlie, stink bait, cheese bait, cut bream, cut shad, live shad, live wounded bluegill, shrimp, crawdaddies. You name it, I've done it, most of it works.

But we catch the absolute most of the one to ten pound range with live minnows on bobbers fishing for crappie. That's my $.02

Hillbilly stalker

Never like store bought bait, but cut you up a 2x2 piece of noodle foam and shove it down in TeamCatfish secret 7 bait. It will catch every channel catfish in there. I've tried everything and use several baits, secret 7 works every time . Big un's like chicken breast soaked in WD-40 around here. Most baits work, some better.

baddave

we always bring home frozen shrimp when we go to the coast.. seems like every time they prefer something different but it's a rare day they won't hit shrimp.. yeah sometimes crappie minnows