Where to fish for Catfish in West Georgia?

Hello, I am tired of going to lakes for catfish, spending hours without catching catfish. If you know any lake, dam or reservoir where I can fish for catfish in any city in West Georgia, I will really appreciate it . I don't mind paying to fish as long as I will catch catfish for eating and I don't mind the driving. Lake Carroll just restock the lake with catfish but they are little.

ryork

Second what Dave said, WP is full of catfish.

A little closer to home for you would be Lake Seaton near Whitesburg, you will need to purchase a pass from Carroll County Water Authority. There are also the fishing lake at Tanner Park near Mt Zion and Little Tallapoosa Park on HWY 113 between Carrollton and Temple.

Second what Dave said, WP is full of catfish.

A little closer to home for you would be Lake Seaton near Whitesburg, you will need to purchase a pass from Carroll County Water Authority. There are also the fishing lake at Tanner Park near Mt Zion and Little Tallapoosa Park on HWY 113 between Carrollton and Temple.
Thank you for the tip. I have tried Lake Seaton 6 times only catching small catfish but I will try the cut bait at Lake Seaton. I have been to Little Tallapoosa Park once and Tanner Park twice didn't catch anything. I will go back to all this lakes and parks and try the cut bait.

ryork

Thank you for the tip. I have tried Lake Seaton 6 times only catching small catfish but I will try the cut bait at Lake Seaton. I have been to Little Tallapoosa Park once and Tanner Park twice didn't catch anything. I will go back to all this lakes and parks and try the cut bait.

Sloppy Floyd State Park straight up HWY 27 between Rome and Summerville supposedly has good catfishing. There is also Rocky Mount PFA just south of there.

Carroll County has some good folks, was born there and lived there most of my life. Maybe put out some inquiries into folks with farm ponds.

Sloppy Floyd State Park straight up HWY 27 between Rome and Summerville supposedly has good catfishing. There is also Rocky Mount PFA just south of there.

Carroll County has some good folks, was born there and lived there most of my life. Maybe put out some inquiries into folks with farm ponds.
Thank you ryork for the tip I will check this places soon. I was in Rome today and I saw a river on Hwy 101 and I asked someone if I can fish there, he said he doesn't know.

Try the park in Franklin just below the bridge, you can catch just about anything there.
Thank you for the tip. I will check the park. Few days ago I saw a pickup truck under Hwy 27 bridge in Franklin and I stopped to see if I will see someone fishing in the river but I couldn't get close to the bank.

Dupree

I’ve night fished seaton with rod/reel and jugs a few times. Caught one 12 pound channel cat and the rest have been 12”-14” yellow bullhead. I don’t think there is a good population of catfish in the lake.
ht

transfixer

Some guys I work with fish down at McCintosh reserve park, but I believe it closes at dark unless you are camping there ?

Lindseys Grandpa

My daughter and her boyfriend and some friends have been going there the past few summers at night and catching some really nice ones .
There was a line of vehicles along bank when I crossed about 1:00 . River looked high and still muddy. But that don't bother the cats much .

Lindseys Grandpa

Thank you for the tip. I will check the park. Few days ago I saw a pickup truck under Hwy 27 bridge in Franklin and I stopped to see if I will see someone fishing in the river but I couldn't get close to the bank.
Back in then heyday of the late winter crappie run the Game Warden would sit there and ramp check folks. He nailed quite a few before word got out . A couple of guys had almost 400 over limit . Back then before Flatheads got put in that was very doable .

I’ve night fished seaton with rod/reel and jugs a few times. Caught one 12 pound channel cat and the rest have been 12”-14” yellow bullhead. I don’t think there is a good population of catfish in the lake.

ht
I night fish once at Seaton and I caught nothing.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Anywhere in the hooch that has shoals has channels. I can go catch 10 plus about any morning I want to put the boat in at Whitesburg. Swift funneling water and secret 7 bait and give it 10 min.

Last edited: