Strange pic/deer

I found this picture pretty odd, with the disparity of the body sizes on the 3 bucks standing in pretty close proximity to one another. Especially the height of the back of the largest just seems unusual to me. We've had some very big bodied deer on this lease likely due to the proximity of what I'd figure to be a couple thousand acres of agriculture adjoining our 250 acres. Actually, our 250 acres is all but surrounded by all that corn and soybeans.

Anyway, is it just my imagination reference that deer's apparent size?

thumbnail-18.jpeg

Blackston

The big deer looks “ normal “ the lil ones look tiny

The big deer looks “ normal “ the lil ones look tiny

I agree 100% with that. But, having hunted the area for over 15yrs, I know there are not grown deer there that are unusually small. This is in Kentucky, and due to the proximity of so much food for them, I've found them to always be noticeably larger than the Tennessee deer I typically hunt, no more than 20-25 miles away.

I actually killed a doe there several years ago that weighed a tick under 150, field dressed. When I dropped it at the processor, the skinner was so amazed that every person there, 5-6 other butchers, came out to look at it...lol.

six

He looks like he would be easy to pick out of a herd. Does he look that much bigger in other pictures?

I only have one other picture, but no deer are that close to him. I wouldn't have thought much of the other pic, if both the deer right next to him had not also had racks.

thumbnail-19.jpeg

Mark K

Banned
Think it’s all in perspective. Sorta like someone sitting behind a 90” deer with his arms extended holding the rack to make it look like a 140”. Rack looks huge in comparison to the hunter.

jbogg

He looks way bigger than those younger bucks. The one on the left looks to be about the same distance from the camera and it's not even close. I would think the young ones would go 130 - 140 live weight so the big boy would be well over 200lbs. Guess that shows what good nutrition will do after a few years.

jbogg

Think it’s all in perspective. Sorta like someone sitting behind a 90” deer with his arms extended holding the rack to make it look like a 140”. Rack looks huge in comparison to the hunter.

In that scenario the deer closest to the camera should appear much larger than the one behind it, but it's just the opposite in the photo. I think that is a legit big deer.

BowanaLee

He looks to be 75 lbs or 1/2 a deer bigger than the rest ?
Reminds me of a medium sized rack 8 point (100")I shot and my sons 147 2/8 Dekalb buck. That little 8 point dwarfed the P/Y buck. I couldn't drag it 10'. I bet that p/y buck didn't weigh 150 lbs on the hoof. You never know ?