Christianity runs into secularism.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If God was silent and did nothing, then I might agree with you. That has not been the case for me. Maybe God just doesn't want to talk to you. If you were posting bad things about me every post then I would probably feel the same. LOL The good news is that he won't hold it against you as soon as you change your attitude.

He had years of devotion, years of doubt and years of disbelief. What better time is there than to make your presence known to someone who doubts you or doesn't believe in you?

Believers make their own signs and conversations, no God needed there.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I appreciate that Walt. It's not always the kind of relationship that it could be but that's my fault. Also, I'm not some weirdo that claims God tells him every move he needs to make. I'm just a regular guy who believes that I get direction and advice, and help, when I honestly seek God for those things.
How do you get that direction?, the bible says nobody can see god or hear his voice, but then again it describes times god has been seen and heard....

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Which verses are you referring to, speaking of no one hearing or seeing God?
First, how do you get your direction?
Everybody wants to line item veto the important questions.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Exodus 33:20
John 1:18, 5:37

Last edited:

WaltL1

I appreciate that Walt. It's not always the kind of relationship that it could be but that's my fault. Also, I'm not some weirdo that claims God tells him every move he needs to make. I'm just a regular guy who believes that I get direction and advice, and help, when I honestly seek God for those things.
But I have to say I get the exact same direction, advice and help from my Grandfather. And he's been gone for many years. I can close my eyes and see him, hear him and sometimes even smell him.
But I'm perfectly aware that it is my own mind that is generating the entire "conversation" based on memory, knowing what he would say to me in certain situations etc.
I might even go so far as to call it a "relationship" as basically it's a continuation of our relationship from when he was alive.
I believe/my opinion is, the relationship a Christian claims to have with God is much the same but with one major difference - the Christian is having a relationship with what they read in a book and believes so strongly that they lose sight of that fact.

RH Clark

But I have to say I get the exact same direction, advice and help from my Grandfather. And he's been gone for many years. I can close my eyes and see him, hear him and sometimes even smell him.
But I'm perfectly aware that it is my own mind that is generating the entire "conversation" based on memory, knowing what he would say to me in certain situations etc.
I might even go so far as to call it a "relationship" as basically it's a continuation of our relationship from when he was alive.
I believe/my opinion is, the relationship a Christian claims to have with God is much the same but with one major difference - the Christian is having a relationship with what they read in a book and believes so strongly that they lose sight of that fact.

There's a lot of truth in what you are saying. Your grandfather was alive and his words will always be alive inside you. Scripture is a lot like that. God's words do guide us from scripture but I've also had the Spirit of God say some amazing things to me that I don't believe I dreamed up. A couple times I've had a word of wisdom from God concerning another person and once God specifically told me how to deal with a hindering spirit that was disrupting church services. The results of that still give me goose bumps when I think about it. I once cast a spirit out of a devil worshiper when God gave me the exactly perfect thing to say to him opening the door for me to talk to him and minister to him. I've had enough like experiences to be convinced that God is real.

RH Clark

Exodus 33:20

Yes, that was God's face which is why God often spoke through a bush or a fire or a cloud. Today the Spirit lives inside every born again believer. God will not however posses a man and cause him to do what he doesn't want to do. God is a small still voice that you can ignore if you want until you can no longer even hear him.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There's a lot of truth in what you are saying. Your grandfather was alive and his words will always be alive inside you. Scripture is a lot like that. God's words do guide us from scripture but I've also had the Spirit of God say some amazing things to me that I don't believe I dreamed up. A couple times I've had a word of wisdom from God concerning another person and once God specifically told me how to deal with a hindering spirit that was disrupting church services. The results of that still give me goose bumps when I think about it. I once cast a spirit out of a devil worshiper when God gave me the exactly perfect thing to say to him opening the door for me to talk to him and minister to him. I've had enough like experiences to be convinced that God is real.
How has nobody written about you?

Please, I beg you, cast a holy spirit into me.
Talk to god, tell him about my situation, and please have him dropkick the holy spirit right into my heart.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes, that was God's face which is why God often spoke through a bush or a fire or a cloud. Today the Spirit lives inside every born again believer. God will not however posses a man and cause him to do what he doesn't want to do. God is a small still voice that you can ignore if you want until you can no longer even hear him.
Wait, ok, it is a small still voice. You would know because you talk to him.

Like the sound of very loud thunder (Job 40:9; Psalm 29:3; 77:18; 104:7; Revelation 14:2).
» Like the sound of harps (Isaiah 30:31-32; Revelation 14:2).
» Like the sound of trumpets (Exodus 19:16, 19; Hebrews 12:19; Revelation 1:10; 4:1).

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm starting to feel something...

RH Clark

How has nobody written about you?

Please, I beg you, cast a holy spirit into me.
Talk to god, tell him about my situation, and please have him dropkick the holy spirit right into my heart.

So, I share something that I was hesitant to share because I knew how it would be accepted by you and you certainly didn't disappoint. Good luck, and I certainly will pray for you but God won't do anything for you unless you really surrender to him. I think it may have been your pride that has always been your downfall. God doesn't need to prove anything to you. It's only when you totally give up and acknowledge how much you need God that you will find him.

drippin' rock

Coo coo for coco puffs

ambush80

So, I share something that I was hesitant to share because I knew how it would be accepted by you and you certainly didn't disappoint. Good luck, and I certainly will pray for you but God won't do anything for you unless you really surrender to him. I think it may have been your pride that has always been your downfall. God doesn't need to prove anything to you. It's only when you totally give up and acknowledge how much you need God that you will find him.

RH,

That's the kind of stuff I can wrap my head around. I need to see an exorcism.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Literally all you had to do was use your powers or have a talk with god, which neither are rare in your claims, and turn this in unbeliever into your greatest spokesperson.

Instead you have hurt feelings for no other reason than you cannot back up your claims...and you blame it on me.

welderguy

Coll.2:21
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

RH,if you tell a man he has to do something or be something or put any other requirement on him to be saved,then you frustrate the grace of God....and yourself.

A new birth must take place FIRST,and that is by God.He initiates,then we follow.

RH Clark

RH,

That's the kind of stuff I can wrap my head around. I need to see an exorcism.

It was creepy to me too. In one instance I was ministering at a nursing home. All the residents that wanted to listen would gather in a large room all around the walls and I would walk around preaching. It was always a simple 10 minuet or so lesson just to encourage them and let them know that someone cared about them.

This one little lady would always come up to me and jerk on my shirt and loudly ask,"What's my name?" If she ever caught me she would keep jerking on my shirt over and over asking, "What's my name?" I had tried to talk to her several times but she never said anything else. I had been just walking around that room preaching, and keeping a couple steps ahead of her,so she wouldn't catch me and be such a disruption for everyone else.

One morning while I was praying outside before going in to minister, the Lord told me that that woman had a spirit that was acting to disrupt the service and that I should take authority of it. I didn't know what the Lord wanted me to do and I told him that I couldn't go in there and perform an exorcism on a nursing home patient. I was thinking they would run me out of there if I tried something like that, and I didn't know what to do anyway.

The Lord told me no, just to pray now and tell that spirit that it couldn't operate to disrupt that service any more. So I prayed about it there in the car and just like the Lord told me. I acted like I was talking directly to that spirit and sternly told it that it couldn't disrupt the service any more.

Every other time I had been there that lady was one of the first ones down to the room. That morning while I was going around inviting people down to church service, I saw that lady down the hall a little ways. I started walking toward her to ask her to come down to service but she pointed at me and started backing away. " I know you!", "I know you!" she said to me and backed away and wouldn't let me get close to her. I left her alone and went to the service with goose bumps running all over me.

I know many will think I'm just lying but that really happened to me about 15 years ago in Jasper Alabama.

RH Clark

Coll.2:21
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

RH,if you tell a man he has to do something or be something or put any other requirement on him to be saved,then you frustrate the grace of God....and yourself.

A new birth must take place FIRST,and that is by God.He initiates,then we follow.

You know I don't agree with that. No one is frustrating God's grace. Those verses are talking about men who try to be righteous by their works.

What you are basically telling anyone is that if God doesn't want to save you then you will go to He11 because God loves some and hates some and there's nothing you can do about it. That's not the Gospel of Christ!

No wonder these guys reject such things!!!! That's all I'll say here about the subject! I won't be involved in a Christian argument here!

RH Clark

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Literally all you had to do was use your powers or have a talk with god, which neither are rare in your claims, and turn this in unbeliever into your greatest spokesperson.

Instead you have hurt feelings for no other reason than you cannot back up your claims...and you blame it on me.

First off, I was only pointing out your attitude toward any believer. I don't have hurt feelings, but I will question your behavior just like I would anyone who acted the same.

I have never claimed to have powers, as you say, that's ridiculous.

Second, God will never make anyone do anything against their will!!! When I cast the spirit out of that devil worshiping boy, he asked me to! He asked me to do it after God gave me the words to say to him that cut to his heart. He was a co-worker who had been bragging to some of the guys he worked close to about his devil worshiping and how he and his friends liked to dig up bodies and have sex with them. He may have been doing it just for shock value but he believed in the stuff enough to have 666 tattooed on one arm and a goat's head pentagram tattooed on his other arm with magical symbols all around.

I don't know exactly what happened that day but when I told that spirit to leave him in the name of Jesus and laid my hand on his head, he slammed into the wall like I had shoved him with all my strength. I just barely touched him. He hit the wall and sort of shook himself off. Then he prayed with me for salvation and went to church with me that night.

You can scoff call me a liar if you want but that happened to me. I know God exists because I've seen evidence of Him in my own life and if the lives of others. Those couple of things I've shared here today aren't the only things that have happened to me in my life to prove to me that God is real. I know I can't ever prove anything to you because you weren't there, and you likely wouldn't believe even if you had been. I'm only sharing now because I hope to encourage anyone who may be reading that God is real and he does care about you.

ambush80

First off, I was only pointing out your attitude toward any believer. I don't have hurt feelings, but I will question your behavior just like I would anyone who acted the same.

I have never claimed to have powers, as you say, that's ridiculous.

Second, God will never make anyone do anything against their will!!! When I cast the spirit out of that devil worshiping boy, he asked me to! He asked me to do it after God gave me the words to say to him that cut to his heart. He was a co-worker who had been bragging to some of the guys he worked close to about his devil worshiping and how he and his friends liked to dig up bodies and have sex with them. He may have been doing it just for shock value but he believed in the stuff enough to have 666 tattooed on one arm and a goat's head pentagram tattooed on his other arm with magical symbols all around.

I don't know exactly what happened that day but when I told that spirit to leave him in the name of Jesus and laid my hand on his head, he slammed into the wall like I had shoved him with all my strength. I just barely touched him. He hit the wall and sort of shook himself off. Then he prayed with me for salvation and went to church with me that night.

You can scoff call me a liar if you want but that happened to me. I know God exists because I've seen evidence of Him in my own life and if the lives of others. Those couple of things I've shared here today aren't the only things that have happened to me in my life to prove to me that God is real. I know I can't ever prove anything to you because you weren't there, and you likely wouldn't believe even if you had been. I'm only sharing now because I hope to encourage anyone who may be reading that God is real and he does care about you.

I find those stories amazing. Do you have anymore?