Converting Jews to Christianity

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I was warned of drunk drivers when taking my drivers test - is that cult related?

Education / warning isn’t an absolute priority.
Were you also warned that there was only one way to drive the vehicle and not to listen to anyone else but the drivers ed book?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Wrong. Studying is the most important thing you should do.

But, you don’t study atheists opinions and call that debunking Christianity.
Only a fool would rely on the opinions of others.
When another backs up their claims with facts, it is time to listen and see if what they are saying is truthful.

oldfella1962

Wrong. Studying is the most important thing you should do.

But, you don’t study atheists opinions and call that debunking Christianity.
Yes that's mostly true. But many Christians (even clergy) who "lost their faith" studied the Bible too much while in a "questioning" frame of mind and little by little Christianity debunked itself for them. :huh:
I am aware that in this situation many Christians throw the "they were never real Christians anyway" card but I disagree with that, and here is why:
if somebody was a successful doctor for many years but had an ethical dilemma over the crooked medical business itself and gave up their medical practice to be a park ranger, would anybody say that they were never a real doctor? :unsure: I would posit that they were indeed a "real doctor", but they cannot in good conscious continue to be one. Why would it be any different for religion? And some Christians convert to completely different religions for various reasons, and the reverse is true as well.

Artfuldodger

Yes that's mostly true. But many Christians (even clergy) who "lost their faith" studied the Bible too much while in a "questioning" frame of mind and little by little Christianity debunked itself for them. :huh:
I am aware that in this situation many Christians throw the "they were never real Christians anyway" card but I disagree with that, and here is why:
if somebody was a successful doctor for many years but had an ethical dilemma over the crooked medical business itself and gave up their medical practice to be a park ranger, would anybody say that they were never a real doctor? :unsure: I would posit that they were indeed a "real doctor", but they cannot in good conscious continue to be one. Why would it be any different for religion? And some Christians convert to completely different religions for various reasons, and the reverse is true as well.
Would they be a "never doctor" lol.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
if somebody was a successful doctor for many years but had an ethical dilemma over the crooked medical business itself and gave up their medical practice to be a park ranger, would anybody say that they were never a real doctor? :unsure: I would posit that they were indeed a "real doctor", but they cannot in good conscience continue to be one. Why would it be any different for religion? And some Christians convert to completely different religions for various reasons, and the reverse is true as well.
I hear ya but I honestly don’t know why they convert from Christianity to other. I know what most say “they were never truly”…….

I can’t speak for anyone but myself.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Were you also warned that there was only one way to drive the vehicle and not to listen to anyone else but the drivers ed book?
Lol well……….the instructions were simple.

You have the freedom to listen to anyone with either.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Only a fool would rely on the opinions of others.
When another backs up their claims with facts, it is time to listen and see if what they are saying is truthful.
That’s just it…….if these facts were real facts……we’d be fishing instead of debating.

WaltL1

if somebody was a successful doctor for many years but had an ethical dilemma over the crooked medical business itself and gave up their medical practice to be a park ranger, would anybody say that they were never a real doctor? :unsure: I would posit that they were indeed a "real doctor", but they cannot in good conscious continue to be one. Why would it be any different for religion?
Hey now, dont be using that logic stuff 'round here :bounce:

oldfella1962

I hear ya but I honestly don’t know why they convert from Christianity to other. I know what most say “they were never truly”…….

I can’t speak for anyone but myself.
Christians have many different reasons for giving it up. Their deconversion "testimonies" are as varied as the testimonies of people becoming a Christian - it depends on the individual person.