Fun with carp

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hit the carp spawn good on the Hill Saturday. We had a ball, great time with some good friends. We shot until we were wore slap out. We completely quit shooting gar early on, coulda killed a hundred of 'em. Even got out of the boat for awhile and did some spot-and-stalk wading in the grass, which was a ton of fun. Best part, the primitive wooden bow accounted for more fish than the compound this trip for once. ::ke: :D

Attachments

• carp1.jpg
    carp1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,832
  • carp2.jpg
    carp2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,854
  • carp3.jpg
    carp3.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,851

95g atl

Awesome....!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
My friend's MRS would love those carp. (she is Asian). ;)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome....!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
My friend's MRS would love those carp. (she is Asian). ;)

I tried to eat one once. That was enough. The whole fish tastes like that red streak in a striper or big catfish that I always cut out. Those are now happily fertilizing sawtooth oaks and persimmons in food plots. :)

Gar are a different story. I think gar are delicious.

Nugefan

send me some of them big old gar scales next time you go to whackin' em ...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Jake Allen

Yea man; that is gettin' after them.
I like your equipment and style.

Good shootin!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good bunch of carp.

I didn't recognize you without the Dachshunds on your face. ::ke:

Hillbilly stalker

Man that looks like great fun ! Yall stacked them up. good looking self bow ya got there also. Thanks for the picture.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nchb,what would be a good economical bow fr a youngster to start shooting fish with
I would hit the pawn shops and see if you can find an old fiberglass recurve of some sort. Sometimes you can get them cheap, if they're not a vintage Bear or some such.

Tom W.

I remember camping out at Wingate's lodge every Easter, and at night there would be a whole lot of boats with noisy motors , platforms and a whole bunch of lights going through the shallows bowfishing. We never tried it, as all we had was a 17' Bass tracker, but I did do some bowfishing at the Eufaula NWR. All I ever got was gar. Once I got two with one arrow.....

greg_n_clayton

They make excellent ready made arrowheads. Documented use by various tribes in the Southeast.
Ahhhhh..I would never have thought that !! Thanks for the reply Nic !! You happen to have a picture ?