May sgtp cancer benefit shoot

dpoole

Second sat of may as always. Seems there has been some conflicting dates floating around. Also Roger will be making Poplar Bark Baskets.

Barry Duggan

Originally it was proceeds minus expenses. A raffle, or silent auction, could help shape up the bottom line.
That being said, you are not required to bring an item.

dpoole

If you feel like bringing something to donate for sale we will donate all procedes to the Cancer fund raiser.

dpoole

Mr Ed Sanford has made some really nice Awards for each class of shooters. So If you like to compete for score and or his awards plan on coming and shooting Also will put out a long distance target like what was at the TBG state shoot and at CHUCKS . Working on getting running pig target going also.

Last edited:

dpoole

MR ED has made up some super nice awards !!!!!! Come and shoot for a Winning award.

SELFBOW

Had a good time yesterday. I spent most of it getting some bows shaped up to bring home and work on later. Picked up some black locust in Tennessee and I split into two.

photo IMG_20160514_104332638_zpscqzdryi4.jpg

Brought one of many Osage staves I have as well. This one is sister #6. Not as much character as the first 4, #5 is still in Tennessee as well.

photo IMG_20160514_174709120_zpsj9avuwgx.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped make it a great day.

AllAmerican

Sgt

It's always a great time when I visit SGT, the nicest, most helpful folks in the traditional realm. I shot with some top notch shooters, met some more interesting folks. Had a hickory stave roughed out by Dr. Hatchet Dan, and had the best chicken thighs (hands down). Glad I was apart of a great day, thanks to all who set it all up.

Barry Duggan

I thoroughly enjoyed being amongst a bunch of fine folks, and shooting the course with a mess of ole rednecks. Fun day.

JBranch

I guess "rednecks" is about as classy a way to describe us as I have ever heard.:biggrin2:

You are correct Brother Barry, a finer time with better folks could not have been found. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.