the last "cougar" thread!!!!!

gahunter70

I grew up in Fl. and for years the Game commission swore there were no panthers north of south Fl. and when someone claimed they saw one the game biologists would come out and look for sign and then say nope they don't exist here.Yet people would still see them.In the late 90's we had one cross the road in front of us in central Fl. 2 different times about 1 month apart near Lake Hatchneha yet the are none living there. I have a friend who mows gas lines that only get mown once a year and some of these things are grown up high and through some very desolate country in Fl. He said after mowing the gas line you kill all sorts of critters and you would be amazed at the panthers that come out and feed on what is laying around after the mowers come through.It's proven that they exist in FL yet I don't see a flurry of trailcam pics.Look how plentyfull coyotes are but you cams are not littered with them I do get a pic every now and then but not of every youte in the woods.
I was on a club a few years back that a friend manages in Edgefield SC with several tracks of land.The year I was there one of the members was in the stand during bow season and watching a doe and a fawn when a tan blur came out of nowwhere and caught the fawn. He will not bow hunt that track anymore because of the panther which he says there is no doubt that is what it was.My friends says lots of club members for years have heard it's cry and say it will bring chill to your back when in the stand.Yet no trail cam pics.There have also been many documented sightings up and down the Savannah river in the SRS area yet I have not heard of any trail cam pics on the surrounding properties.I believe they exist just not in large numbers.

Old Blue21

Ill never forget the time i hear a woman screamin at my grannys house we all knew it wasnt no lady though i think personally that their are some around but you just dont know about em and i know what i heard that night and kept on hearin for a long time sends chills down my back just thinkin of the screamin